Hardtail vs full susser

Got a general MTB question that doesn't fit anywhere else? Here's the place.
DiscoStink

Postby DiscoStink » Tue Aug 31, 2010 18:10 pm

I'm wondering what it would be like to ride these trails on a penny farthing? :wink:

Valy

Postby Valy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 18:52 pm

The first time I read the OP I did not think he was trollin' :/

ExTrEmE BiKeR

Postby ExTrEmE BiKeR » Tue Aug 31, 2010 20:21 pm

I used to be %100 pro-hardtail. Then I recently got my full sus freeride bike. I love it, its great for what its intended to do....things my HT cant do ie DH. But for XC I still prefer hardtail. No bike design is necessarily better than the other. It just depends on your intended applications. My hardtail would fall apart doing DH, and if it didnt fall apart, it means I fell and hurt myself before I could break anything. My fs is amazing for DH but its way to heavy and slow (when not descending) to be good for anything but what its meant to be used for.

timpop

Postby timpop » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:39 pm

My body is full sus; it work quite well although after a ride it sometimes feels like a HT :P
Many happy trails!

Bikerbaboon

Postby Bikerbaboon » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:56 pm

well HT is the ONLY way to ride.

I like to kick off my ride with a quick blitz down the high street on the pavement ofc,
then when i get to my local trail i burn down the foot path kickig dogs and shouting boo at grannies. I use my SPDs to great affect as it allows me to realy get the powe down as i burn up the 25m climb, any one that rides flats need to mtfu, If i did this on the FS bike i would be 1/2 that man that i am on a HT.

HT are safer as after i have kicked a dog in the nutts if he bolts in to my rear triangle he wont get stuck in my suspention.
Ii then drink from my bottle in my bottle cage.. i mean who would use a ruck sack and a bladder.
dam to i look good in my lycra who would use baggies
Best of all is when the wind is blowing and i can feel it in my hair as i dont have a helmet on.
I then sit down an read the daily mail.

:wink:
Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas

bails87

Postby bails87 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 13:44 pm

Bikerbaboon
:lol:

Mac or PC? :D
MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."

sheepsteeth

Postby sheepsteeth » Wed Sep 01, 2010 15:25 pm

Bikerbaboon wrote:well HT is the ONLY way to ride.

I like to kick off my ride with a quick blitz down the high street on the pavement ofc,
then when i get to my local trail i burn down the foot path kickig dogs and shouting boo at grannies. I use my SPDs to great affect as it allows me to realy get the powe down as i burn up the 25m climb, any one that rides flats need to mtfu, If i did this on the FS bike i would be 1/2 that man that i am on a HT.

HT are safer as after i have kicked a dog in the nutts if he bolts in to my rear triangle he wont get stuck in my suspention.
Ii then drink from my bottle in my bottle cage.. i mean who would use a ruck sack and a bladder.
Best of all is when the wind is blowing and i can feel it in my hair as i dont have a helmet on.

shows what you know, i bet you havent even tried a fs bike yet you come on here with your sanctimonious preaching and as for riding on th pavement, i hope you get jailed.

also, i dont know why people on bikes hate dogs so much, if anyone kicked mine id kick them to death.

Thewaylander

Postby Thewaylander » Wed Sep 01, 2010 15:42 pm

All full of utter crap.

Pretty much it's mostly down to the rider and there style. Some suits others don't i go faster on FS up and down so meh.

Shite topic.

ExTrEmE BiKeR

Postby ExTrEmE BiKeR » Wed Sep 01, 2010 16:28 pm

It is %100 contingent upon your riding style and the terrain you ride

chojin

Postby chojin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 16:45 pm

sheepsteeth wrote:

shows what you know, i bet you havent even tried a fs bike yet you come on here with your sanctimonious preaching and as for riding on th pavement, i hope you get jailed.

also, i dont know why people on bikes hate dogs so much, if anyone kicked mine id kick them to death.

I think that was said with a hint of irony :P

Cat With No Tail

Postby Cat With No Tail » Wed Sep 01, 2010 16:51 pm

sheepsteeth wrote:shows what you know, i bet you havent even tried a fs bike yet you come on here with your sanctimonious preaching and as for riding on th pavement, i hope you get jailed.

I'll kick you to death in a minute!

Bikerbaboon

Postby Bikerbaboon » Wed Sep 01, 2010 21:00 pm

sheepsteeth wrote:

Please note the :wink:
Then head back a read the post as i mangle my way though every heated debate that has been in hte MTB section over the last month... though i did managed to miss out how real trails are for big girls and trail centers are where thh real men ride ahh well. :roll:
Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas

sheepsteeth

Postby sheepsteeth » Wed Sep 01, 2010 21:08 pm

and my work here is done.

it appears obvious troll isnt all that obvious eh

Cat With No Tail

Postby Cat With No Tail » Wed Sep 01, 2010 21:19 pm

sheepsteeth wrote:and my work here is done.

it appears obvious troll isnt all that obvious eh

I'd say that was Troll RE there sheeps :wink:

legin

Postby legin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 21:21 pm

for god sake have a laugh you lot are so serious.
ive had hardtails and fs bikes i found myself reaching for my hardtail more often than not.thats my preference,i guess the majority of my riding is better suited to the hardtail.i find a lot of trail centres are more fun with a fs as you can hammer them and keep the momentum going.where an hardtail you have to work harder.
horses for courses.it doesnt matter as long as you got a grin at the end of the ride. :P

legin

Postby legin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 21:21 pm

for god sake have a laugh you lot are so serious.
ive had hardtails and fs bikes i found myself reaching for my hardtail more often than not.thats my preference,i guess the majority of my riding is better suited to the hardtail.i find a lot of trail centres are more fun with a fs as you can hammer them and keep the momentum going.where an hardtail you have to work harder.
horses for courses.it doesnt matter as long as you got a grin at the end of the ride. :P

wobbem

Postby wobbem » Thu Sep 02, 2010 16:54 pm

We 29er riders don't get so worked up with such trifle details, hardtail or F>S - don't care, to busy enjoying the ride, think about that as we we pass you wee piddlers on the trail. :lol: :twisted:
Don't think, BE:

wobbem

Postby wobbem » Thu Sep 02, 2010 16:57 pm

What,,,,,,,,, 10 seconds and still no hate mail?
Don't think, BE:

ride_whenever

Postby ride_whenever » Thu Sep 02, 2010 17:13 pm

I'm about to do a bad thing this weekend, i'm borrowing a demo bike and taking one of these for a spin:

Coming from the world of steel and hardtails i feel it might be a bit of a culture shock...

on-one

Postby on-one » Sun Sep 05, 2010 16:23 pm

Guys i have only made three posts i dont even no what trolling is!!!! I just cant see the point in heavy FS bikes when your legs are the most efficiant suspension system in the world, and i have had a FS bike i used to have a specialized enduro but i sold it on to get an on one scandal with long forks and i have never over taken on a trail since :D

Return to “MTB General”