The Canyon bikes thread

Got a general MTB question that doesn't fit anywhere else? Here's the place.
MeTrek8000

Re: The Canyon bikes thread

Postby MeTrek8000 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 21:18 pm

My replacement(medium)bike has finally been put together. But what a nightmare those matchmaker lever clamps are :twisted: . Need 3 hands. And canyon have the cables messed up, I think. So its took a while to get how I like it. 8)

But the rear brake is soft/faulty. Air in the line most likely? :?: The lever goes all the way to the grip.

And ain't been able to take it for a spin. If it isn't raining it's snowing. :roll:

What should I do? :? :?: :roll:

cooldad

Postby cooldad » Mon Jan 14, 2013 21:47 pm

MTFU. Snow is fun.
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

qooqiiu

Postby qooqiiu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 22:03 pm

MeTrek8000 wrote:
But the rear brake is soft/faulty. Air in the line most likely? :?: The lever goes all the way to the grip.
l:

What brakes do you have?

I have the new Formula T1's and they are very soft, like yours almost to the point where they touch the grip. I have emailed customer services to ask whether they need bleeding or whether this is due to Formula's new feel system but surprise surprise no reply yet (1Week)

MeTrek8000

Postby MeTrek8000 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 22:35 pm

cooldad wrote:MTFU. Snow is fun.

Yeah but canyon state that I'm able to have a 5mins test ride in dry conditions. Not a blizzard. :roll:

MeTrek8000

Postby MeTrek8000 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 22:45 pm

qooqiiu wrote:
MeTrek8000 wrote:
l:

What brakes do you have?

I have the new Formula T1's and they are very soft, like yours almost to the point where they touch the grip. I have emailed customer services to ask whether they need bleeding or whether this is due to Formula's new feel system but surprise surprise no reply yet (1Week)

The bike is a nerve Al+ 7.0 and it came specified with Avid Elixir 5's. The front brake is fine, only the rear is soft. 1st bikes rear brake was rubbing/touching, as if it was overfilled :?

Mail order bike, eh :? :lol:

benjrush

Postby benjrush » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:33 am

mattjevans wrote:
benjrush wrote:Super excited about my new nerve al 6 that arrived this morning only to open the box and discover an aeroad CF 9.

Much as I would love to have a full carbon dura ace road bike to add to my quiver, I ordered a mountain bike for a reason...

Credit to them though...they are sending out the next nerve al 6 that comes out of the factory and throwing in a multitool for my trouble. Shame I'll have to wait a week to get it.

Wow that is quite some substitution. 3000 quid price difference? Must have been tempted to keep your mouth shut and wait 2 weeks...

Can't say I wasn't, but when some guy gets a bottom of the range mountain bike instead of his ridiculous carbon fibre rocket ship, he might make a bit of a fuss that would lead back to me!

poppit

Postby poppit » Tue Jan 15, 2013 19:46 pm

FYI

Canyon newsletter:

The year has just started and 2013 promises to bring many positive changes for Canyon in the UK. Our customer base in the UK is expanding at a rapid pace and as a result we have decided to increase the size of our UK team. This will enable us to provide you with an even better level of service. As we speak we are moving to a bigger office in the London area where we can house our UK customer team, which will be on hand to answer all your questions and resolve any problems you may have.If you would like to experience our bikes live and meet our team, come along and visit us at one of the events and expositions we will be participating in throughout the year in the UK.We are looking forward to the 2013 season together with you!The Canyon Team.

And:

LONDON CALLING FOR CANYON This week (17th - 20th January) the London Bike Show, the UK´s premier cycling fair, will be taking place in the ExCel exhibition centre in southwest London. Come and meet our Canyon UK team and experience our 2013 bikes live at stand LB760. We’ll be happy to introduce ourselves to you, answer your questions and give you advice on our 2013 model range. You can also get a glimpse of the new Speedmax CF, our exceptional time trial machine and the Ultimate AL 9.0 Di2, which collected the bike of the year award 2012 from road.cc just a few days ago.
Eddy Merckx EMX-3
Cougar Zero Uno
Canyon Nerve AM 8.0
Genesis Core 50
Mekk Pista T1

MeTrek8000

Postby MeTrek8000 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 20:09 pm

MeTrek8000 wrote:My replacement(medium)bike has finally been put together. But what a nightmare those matchmaker lever clamps are :twisted: . Need 3 hands. And canyon have the cables messed up, I think. So its took a while to get how I like it. 8)

And ain't been able to take it for a spin. If it isn't raining it's snowing. :roll:

What should I do? :? :?: :roll:

Update on my issues.

Thumbs up for Canyon :D

They are in the process of replacing the 2nd bike. It was picked up by UPS today and the replacement should arrive next week.

Pretty good customer service if ya ask me 8)

I've got fingers crossed that this next bike will be fine. This will be my 3rd Nerve Al+ 7.0. :shock:

RandG

Postby RandG » Thu Jan 17, 2013 23:08 pm

Ordered a Gran Canyon AL 7.9 29er today :D

appy

Postby appy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 23:47 pm

No guesses at what ill be doing tomorrow

Before...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After lol.. Was a good ride apart from the ground was either frozen and icey as hell or really boggy and muddy. I should have changed my tyres before the ride but it was a last minute one so couldnt be bothered.

The mud on the spokes shows where it was sinking up to.

benjrush

Postby benjrush » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:06 am

So it turns out Canyon are terrible at telling you what is going on...

I have just got off the phone with them to ask when they are going to send me the right bike as currently it is showing up as in stock on their website. Turns out.."from stock" means they haven't even built the batch yet.

guess I'm waiting another week for them to build the bike and ship it out. (no wonder they tried to fob me off with the £3.5k road bike)

It seems to me that they could gain a huge amount of good will by changing their shipping estimates out by a week and then routinely beating them, rather than stating an availability date and missing it. They would also get a whole lot less calls from concerned customers wondering why their bike is taking so long.

RandG

Postby RandG » Tue Jan 22, 2013 16:54 pm

Ordered mine last Thursday, get it tomorrow, no complaints here :D

tudj

Postby tudj » Tue Jan 22, 2013 17:05 pm

Hopefully the inconsistency in the quality of service will improve with the new office opening in the UK soon.

I took mine out for the first time on Sunday, the saddle somehow developed a crack on the underside during the ride, they're sending out a new one FOC, no questions asked. Can't ask for more than that considering it's not even a Canyon branded one, they didn't even request photos (although I did offer).

benjrush

Postby benjrush » Tue Jan 22, 2013 17:49 pm

RandG wrote:Ordered mine last Thursday, get it tomorrow, no complaints here :D

I didn't have any complaints until they sent me the wrong thing...here's hoping you get the one you ordered!

RandG

Postby RandG » Wed Jan 23, 2013 18:43 pm

Well it arrived today as expected, and guess what ? It was the very one I ordered :lol:

It's a beauty 8)

poppit

Postby poppit » Thu Jan 24, 2013 19:49 pm

RandG wrote:Well it arrived today as expected, and guess what ? It was the very one I ordered :lol:

It's a beauty 8)

Post up some photos when you've got it built up.
Eddy Merckx EMX-3
Cougar Zero Uno
Canyon Nerve AM 8.0
Genesis Core 50
Mekk Pista T1

TheNorthernTrain

Postby TheNorthernTrain » Thu Jan 24, 2013 20:38 pm

Well, I'm glad you're all having fun riding your bikes. After being fobbed off several times, 2 months after ordering my bike still hasn't arrived. I'm getting quite bored with the weekly e-mails I'm having to send to find out information. I can't wait for the next excuse, it'd be quicker getting someone to ride a bike from the factory to my house.
MmmBop

Go big or go home.

appy

Postby appy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 20:42 pm

What are they saying is the problem? What bike are you waiting for?

TheNorthernTrain

Postby TheNorthernTrain » Thu Jan 24, 2013 21:20 pm

appy wrote:What are they saying is the problem? What bike are you waiting for?

Torque ex. Well there was a problem with a supplier in December, apparently at the beginning of January it was the same problem. I was told it would arrive last week by the guy in the uk office. And still no sign that it is even being assembled so I'm just waiting to see what the issue is now.
MmmBop

Go big or go home.

benjrush

Postby benjrush » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:32 am

Just had a call from Canyon saying that the bike is not going to be shipped for at least a week. The excuse they gave was a problem with an SRAM component. The only SRAM components I can think of on the Nerve AL 6.0 are the brakes and the forks and SRAM are going to the factory to investigate.

The SRAM issue is affecting a batch of 84 bikes so might cause some more people some grief.

@RandG ---could not be more jealous. enjoy!!! :mrgreen:

Return to “MTB General”