Where did you ride today?

Got a general MTB question that doesn't fit anywhere else? Here's the place.
Bred2shred

Re: Where did you ride today?

Postby Bred2shred » Wed Aug 21, 2013 20:08 pm

Today i rode 3 laps of the commonwealth mtb course. It's a very well laid out track with some great features that will make for interesting racing and worth while spectating. There's some brilliant flicky berm sections, jumps, drop offs both doable and crazy, rock gardens and some steep climbs. There's even a dual slalom section with big tight berms and jumps.

All in all a great couple of hours spent and jusst 3/4 of an hour drive from home. :mrgreen:
Never argue with an idiot, he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

J L

Postby J L » Fri Aug 23, 2013 06:57 am

Did my 10 mile local loop last night and realised it now gets dark much earlier than I thought. :roll:
I'm not old I'm Retro

mcnultycop

Postby mcnultycop » Fri Aug 23, 2013 17:21 pm

The Blue Pig in Hebden Bridge on a skills course, along with some other bits. Really nice but difficult trails.

broona

Postby broona » Sun Aug 25, 2013 16:02 pm

Rode Kirroughtree Red today, good crack, first time in a long while I've ridden a trail centre by myself, but I was in the area for the weekend so it seemed rude not to, lol! :twisted:

Mikey41

Postby Mikey41 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 19:38 pm

Slightly late, it was yesterday, but I had a go at the Whinlatter blue trail. First time I've ridden properly off road and first time on a trail.

Completely alien experience, not used to having the bike move around that much and felt somewhat out of my depth. Most of the way round I looked like this :shock:

Second time around was much better, though I still need to get to trust the tyres and lean the bike more. Really enjoyed it overall though :D

May pop up to Newcastleton tommorrow and have a go there :)
Giant Defy 2 (2012)
Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
Strava

JBA

Postby JBA » Sun Aug 25, 2013 19:54 pm

Llandegla blue.
Really nice ride. The weather was good and the views from the top were great.
Had to rush back as my MiL was looking after the children. Definitely going to bring the bikes up more often now I know how close Llandegla is and will give the red route a go next time.
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 2011
Charge Filter Mid 2011

Angry Bird

Postby Angry Bird » Sun Aug 25, 2013 20:02 pm

I went out locally on the road bike. Not a bad pootle, tried to ignore the garmin and just focus on keeping it comfortable and steady as I've been pushing myself fairly hard recently with work and a lot of tennis. Somehow ended up with a couple of PBs, I expect it's due to the relative lack of wind today. Must ride the mountain bike soon!

RockmonkeySC

Postby RockmonkeySC » Mon Aug 26, 2013 15:35 pm

Exmoor's best bits today. Stunning trails but not a good idea to ride with 1x9 and a 34t chainring.
Well worth a return visit but with a granny ring fitted.

Welsh_Wizard

Postby Welsh_Wizard » Mon Aug 26, 2013 16:23 pm

Bike Park Wales.

Melted Welly - blue trail then the 'Sixtapod' blue trail.

Both quality with Melted Welly tipping it for me, really nice 'flowy' sections with well placed jumps...just fells right from top to bottom... haven't even bothered the red / black sections yet...

prawny

Postby prawny » Mon Aug 26, 2013 19:29 pm

broona wrote:Rode Kirroughtree Red today, good crack, first time in a long while I've ridden a trail centre by myself, but I was in the area for the weekend so it seemed rude not to, lol! :twisted:

Me too :D

Gonna have another go (or two) later in the week, those rocky uppy bits are a pain in the ars*/shins.
Saracen Dirttrax Disc
Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015
Voodoo Bizango - 2014

Kowalski675

Postby Kowalski675 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 00:16 am

A lap of Gisburn's 8 route, in glorious sunshine. Got a bit muddy, nearly crashed down Hully Gully (luckily nobody saw that, lol) and happened to bump into a couple of guys from on here at the bottom of that section, so rode the rest of the route with them. Had a good afternoon. Now need to wash the bike again... :roll:

Clank

Postby Clank » Tue Aug 27, 2013 19:14 pm

prawny wrote:
broona wrote:Rode Kirroughtree Red today, good crack, first time in a long while I've ridden a trail centre by myself, but I was in the area for the weekend so it seemed rude not to, lol! :twisted:

Gonna have another go (or two) later in the week, those rocky uppy bits are a pain in the ars*/shins.

Not half as much as that cobbled path! Which sadist thought of that? :lol:

I do like Kirroughtree, though.

It was the Surrey hills, for me this weekend (Pitch and Holmbury mainly) including the repeats of 'usual' trio of trails (as I happened to be passing). The top half of Telegraph Poles isn't in the best of conditions at the moment, though.
How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.

prawny

Postby prawny » Tue Aug 27, 2013 21:30 pm

Clank wrote:
prawny wrote:

It was the Surrey hills, for me this weekend (Pitch and Holmbury mainly) including the repeats of 'usual' trio of trails (as I happened to be passing). The top half of Telegraph Poles isn't in the best of conditions at the moment, though.

'Rocky Road'? That is a literal pain in the ars*. I was surprised to find out later that that is part of the blue, wouldn't have fancied that a couple of years ago.
Saracen Dirttrax Disc
Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015
Voodoo Bizango - 2014

bike_addict

Postby bike_addict » Wed Aug 28, 2013 17:19 pm

Cannock Chase Follow The Dog, at the end I rode past Chris Boardman who was riding the opposite way near the car park at the end of the trail who must have just done a photo shoot (3 other people with him were walking) he even said "Nice bike" to me! (Which is fair enough I was riding a Boardman)

Made my day!

broona

Postby broona » Wed Aug 28, 2013 17:23 pm

prawny wrote:
Clank wrote:
prawny wrote:

'Rocky Road'? That is a literal pain in the ars*. I was surprised to find out later that that is part of the blue, wouldn't have fancied that a couple of years ago.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it apart from a couple of odd rocky bits that were awkward to ride, especially the little uphill section not long before dropping back down into the car park! And I didn't like the almost vertical gravel climb about 2/3 of the way through either, lol! ;)

prawny

Postby prawny » Wed Aug 28, 2013 18:00 pm

Rode kirroughtree black today, halfway round I was ready to ask for my money back *fnar* too much fireroad and impossible stepups, then I got to talnotry hill, feck me what a blast. Only fell off once too, indecision on the rock steps just before hissing Sid. Nailed Sid itself and I've been buzzing all day. Going to ride the red again in the morning before heading home on Friday.

Still hacked off with all the uphill rock gardens though, can anyone ride all the way this place without having to get off and push?
Saracen Dirttrax Disc
Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015
Voodoo Bizango - 2014

Kowalski675

Postby Kowalski675 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 19:02 pm

bike_addict wrote:Cannock Chase Follow The Dog, at the end I rode past Chris Boardman who was riding the opposite way near the car park at the end of the trail who must have just done a photo shoot (3 other people with him were walking) he even said "Nice bike" to me! (Which is fair enough I was riding a Boardman)

Made my day!

Did you ask him to buy a pot of grease for the factory, lol?

J L

Postby J L » Thu Aug 29, 2013 07:53 am

Last night I did my 20 mile local loop taking in some stunning views, my ride takes me along that finger of land in the back ground (baggy point) and I also saw a basking shark from the cliff top, my first this summer.

Pic taken 2010
I'm not old I'm Retro

apple eater

Postby apple eater » Sun Sep 01, 2013 17:17 pm

Back up to bike park wales again for me.

2 blues and a red today. It's my thrid time there this week and now i'm knackered but loving it.
I don't know enough to make smart r's remarks about peoples choice of parts 'n' things, yet!

fredblob

Postby fredblob » Sun Sep 01, 2013 17:23 pm

footpath/trial in local village very overgrown atm
cannondale trail SL 4
IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM.......

Return to “MTB General”