too good to be true?

Got a general MTB question that doesn't fit anywhere else? Here's the place.
Cat With No Tail

Re: too good to be true?

Postby Cat With No Tail » Tue Jun 26, 2012 07:07 am

njee20 wrote:Not quite true, you've got a very good chance, but it's far from a guarantee.

The '10 working days' until it's posted I found a bit odd, if it then 'gets lost' in the post you could easily get beyond the time required to start a PayPal debate while they stall.

This.

There is no valid reason why it should EVER take 10 working days to post something. Although I appreciate this dude has sold a bit of stuff in the past and is probably legit.

I don't think I'd ever buy anything from ebay that just uses stock pictures and copy-paste specs.

Fair play to whoever won it though if it is indeed real.

pumpers

Postby pumpers » Tue Jun 26, 2012 09:03 am

Have to strongly disagree with peoples comments about paypal. I will NEVER use them again.

To cut a long story short someone cloned my wifes card, set up a bogus payapl account and then proceed to buy over £400 of stuff before the card was stopped. Despite numerous emails, telephone calls and attempts to get our money back they didnt want to know. I was given a bogus fraud claim number, never got to speak to the same person twice and had to resort to only communicating via email to keep a record of what was going on. Once you've dealt with their complaints dept in India you will never do business via Paypal again.

I'd hate for anyone else to be in a similiar situation to me before they find out how poor paypal really are.

pumpers

Plyphon

Postby Plyphon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 16:47 pm

pumpers wrote:Have to strongly disagree with peoples comments about paypal. I will NEVER use them again.

To cut a long story short someone cloned my wifes card, set up a bogus payapl account and then proceed to buy over £400 of stuff before the card was stopped. Despite numerous emails, telephone calls and attempts to get our money back they didnt want to know. I was given a bogus fraud claim number, never got to speak to the same person twice and had to resort to only communicating via email to keep a record of what was going on. Once you've dealt with their complaints dept in India you will never do business via Paypal again.

I'd hate for anyone else to be in a similiar situation to me before they find out how poor paypal really are.

pumpers

not to like... insult you or anything - but for card cloning fraud you should go directly to your bank, no?

dmorton

Postby dmorton » Wed Jul 04, 2012 09:08 am

Plyphon wrote:
not to like... insult you or anything - but for card cloning fraud you should go directly to your bank, no?

That's exactly what you should do, go to the bank or credit card company. Trying to get the money from PayPal, you're barking up the wrong tree, no wonder they're not interested. What have the bank/credit card people said?

Swervin Mervin

Postby Swervin Mervin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 21:54 pm

Well it looks like the naysayers were right.....Looks like he's scarpered with a few quid! :(

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... P:feedback

One 80

Postby One 80 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 09:07 am

Swervin Mervin wrote:Well it looks like the naysayers were right.....Looks like he's scarpered with a few quid! :(

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... P:feedback

wow thats a lot of scammed cash there. hope he gets caught
Boardman comp 2012

allthegearnoidea

Postby allthegearnoidea » Tue Jul 10, 2012 09:18 am

Yup over £5k! Hope he gets his comeupance!!
Timmo.
After all, I am Cornish!
http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481

njee20

Postby njee20 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 09:20 am

And we're surprised by that? :roll:

I hope the gullible and greedy fools get their money back, but the clues were there!

Giraffoto

Postby Giraffoto » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:52 am

As I previously wrote . . .

Giraffoto wrote: I'd hazard a guess it's someone legitimate who's doing a stock clearance, but that's just a guess of course.

. . . I shall therefore refrain from any further "does this guy seem trustworthy?" threads. Also you've got to wonder how long he'd been planning this one for . . .
Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
On-One Scandal (fully rigid)

mrmonkfinger

Postby mrmonkfinger » Tue Jul 10, 2012 15:11 pm

Giraffoto wrote:As I previously wrote . . .

Giraffoto wrote: I'd hazard a guess it's someone legitimate who's doing a stock clearance, but that's just a guess of course.

. . . I shall therefore refrain from any further "does this guy seem trustworthy?" threads. Also you've got to wonder how long he'd been planning this one for . . .

Presumably a while, there was quite a bit of pricey stuff in his feedback history IIRC.

Still, let's see what ebay has to say about him:

This member is an eBay Top-rated seller

Consistently receives highest buyer ratings
Dispatches items quickly
Has earned a track record of excellent service

spongtastic

Postby spongtastic » Wed Jul 11, 2012 16:02 pm

Look at the new feedback.

It's quite an easy thing to do if you're only here for a while.

Sell loads of stuff on ebay, with link to 'temporary' english bank account to get good feedback, then sell loads of expensive items, take the money, close down your english bank account and then fook off back to Bulgaria with a decent pile of cash.
Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?

appy

Postby appy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 00:24 am

I assume the inevitable happened?

Return to “MTB General”