Does anyone ride solo in the dark?

Got a general MTB question that doesn't fit anywhere else? Here's the place.
prawny

Re: Does anyone ride solo in the dark?

Postby prawny » Thu Nov 08, 2012 15:41 pm

I ride solo at night quite often, usually just do Follow the Dog so I don't end up getting lost!

The other week I went out with my mate early (before the clocks went back) and it was still pitch black, I had to wait for him a one point and as soon as I stopped I heard a really low growl, it sounded like a lion or something and scared the shoot out of me, I span around and there was a herd of about 20 or so deer just staring at me and the stag was giving it the big one. I'm thinking of wearing open backed headphones on future night excursions, just to save my shorts :oops:
Saracen Dirttrax Disc
Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015
Voodoo Bizango - 2014

4ndyW

Postby 4ndyW » Thu Nov 08, 2012 15:48 pm

anj132 wrote:
4ndyW wrote:Talking about spooky stuff, google fox screech and you will hear what i heard whilst on my work commute. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I would crap myself too if I came across him in the dark in the woods

LOL not quite what i was thinking, but your version is alot scarier ! :shock: :shock:

Boy Lard

Postby Boy Lard » Thu Nov 08, 2012 16:07 pm

Bit of a smoke, jump on the bike and ride like a maniac for 3 hours, through the woods and over the moors, paranoid as hell, being chased by werewolves and shoot. It's great.

I do prefer to share my paranoia with someone else though. Came very close to being lost in an area I knew really well (Baildon Moor / Shipley Glen) in a bit of snow and then a very unexpected fog. Freaky as hell, that shoot got Scooby Doo really quickly.

Concorde

Postby Concorde » Thu Nov 08, 2012 18:48 pm

Boy Lard wrote:Bit of a smoke, jump on the bike and ride like a maniac for 3 hours, through the woods and over the moors, paranoid as hell, being chased by werewolves and shoot. It's great.

I do prefer to share my paranoia with someone else though. Came very close to being lost in an area I knew really well (Baildon Moor / Shipley Glen) in a bit of snow and then a very unexpected fog. Freaky as hell, that shoot got Scooby Doo really quickly.

Sounds ******* brilliant! Chuck a few mushrooms in for good measure!

Return to “MTB General”