Blocking singletrack

Got a general MTB question that doesn't fit anywhere else? Here's the place.
The Rookie

Re: Blocking singletrack

Postby The Rookie » Sun Jan 06, 2013 07:45 am

But they may not return the cheery hello of other walkers either.....most walkers I've found treat me just fine, never had any abuse, I allways make sure I approach at a sensible speed (just over walking pace) to be considerate.

The worst people in the country are the transplant townies, most real country people are very live and let live....I blame New Labour (olf Labour financal acumen retained) - and Wiggle of course.

bluechair84

Postby bluechair84 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:21 am

Another thing I've found that helps, is removing heavily shaded or reflective glasses. I wear clear lenses now but I used to remove my shades when passing walkers and always got a good reception. It might have just been the kinds of walkers at the time. Who knows. I still do it anyway.

Arthur Scrimshaw

Postby Arthur Scrimshaw » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:48 am

DodgeT wrote:Did a fairly long (timewise) ride in the peaks today. Lots of friendly people of all ages about. 2 or 3 older couples though were complete ignorant feckers, some wouldn't even look at you let alone return a cheery hello. Miserable old cnuts :)

Maybe they were roadies :wink:

stubs

Postby stubs » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 am

bluechair84 wrote:Another thing I've found that helps, is removing heavily shaded or reflective glasses. I wear clear lenses now but I used to remove my shades when passing walkers and always got a good reception. It might have just been the kinds of walkers at the time. Who knows. I still do it anyway.

Never thought of that. I suppose we forget how weird we look to non MTBers. Sweaty or muddy loons wearing funny shaped and coloured clothing, rucksacks with what looks like a colostomy bag pipe to drink from, wearing funny hats with holes in appearing suddenly round a corner.
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Gobs

Postby Gobs » Tue Jan 08, 2013 18:50 pm

colostomy bag pipe

I wonder what sounds come out of that musical instrument :lol:

cooldad

Postby cooldad » Tue Jan 08, 2013 19:48 pm

Gobs wrote:
colostomy bag pipe

I wonder what sounds come out of that musical instrument :lol:

Can't be any worse than the ones that come out of standard bagpipes.
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

Return to “MTB General”