CRC using DHL...

Got a general MTB question that doesn't fit anywhere else? Here's the place.
ahoy-hoy

Postby ahoy-hoy » Thu May 17, 2007 10:20 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I take it "out for delivery" means it's on it's way to me <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

In theory, yes. In practice....hmmm.... best of luck !

To be fair DH-hell are one of the better couriers. Still ****e though.

<font size="1">- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Cove Stiffee FR

Giant SCR2.0 roadie

Trek 4300 commuter
</font id="size1">

Mad Splasherwmb

Postby Mad Splasherwmb » Thu May 17, 2007 10:29 am

The problem for me is that if Parcel Force or Royal Mail can't deliver it because we're out, it ends up at the local post-office which is only a mile away. The closest courier's depot is 30 minutes drive.

<font size="1">George
<hr noshade size="1">
<b><font color="blue">VeeTee</font id="blue"> <font color="black"> Maxi-Baby</font id="black"> <font color="green"> Scotty Boy</font id="green"> <font color="red">
My Photos</font id="red">
</b>
Believe in your limitations and they shall be yours.</font id="size1">

GeeTeewmb

Postby GeeTeewmb » Thu May 17, 2007 12:19 pm

My mate Jamesie (who posts on here under the same name) works for DHL. Reckons if he was sending a parcel he would use Royal Mail/Parcel Force. I've heard too many scary stories about what goes on with your parcels in the sorting depot. :-O

<font color="red"><font size="1"><b>Stick it in the big ring, get back on the bunch!</b></font id="size1"></font id="red">

Capt. Jon

Postby Capt. Jon » Thu May 17, 2007 12:35 pm

I've never had a simple delivery with DHL - they are awful. They tried to deliver me thing and finding me out don't put one of thier notes through the door! How am i supposed to know they tried to deliver it?!!? I tried the online tracking on numerous occasions and i've found it useless, only slightly less useful than phoning them and being given 5, yes 5, different numbers to ring.

TyMBR

Support the UK bike industry
If you don't like what i've posted assume there is a winking smilie next to it you simpleton ;-)

GeeTeewmb

Postby GeeTeewmb » Thu May 17, 2007 12:42 pm

Especially bad when they play 'depot football' with your lovely new Camera from Amazon!

<font color="red"><font size="1"><b>Stick it in the big ring, get back on the bunch!</b></font id="size1"></font id="red">

rockfallwmb

Postby rockfallwmb » Thu May 17, 2007 13:49 pm

Ive had goods shipped to Spain twice now from CRC and used DHL twice as the Spanish postal service is farcical, both times the goods have arrived in less than 48 hrs and in perfect condition. I cant fault either CRC or DHL. So far.

Mad Splasherwmb

Postby Mad Splasherwmb » Thu May 17, 2007 16:14 pm

Royal Mail's tracking systems may not be that good, I don't know, but how much do you need to use it. If I order from CRC by 15:00 one day, it arrives by 11:00 the next. Tracking is for when something goes wrong which is probably why DHL's system is so advanced!

<font size="1">George
<hr noshade size="1">
<b><font color="blue">VeeTee</font id="blue"> <font color="black"> Maxi-Baby</font id="black"> <font color="green"> Scotty Boy</font id="green"> <font color="red">
</b>

Mad Splasherwmb

Postby Mad Splasherwmb » Thu May 17, 2007 19:39 pm

That's a beast of a fork Nicky, you're obviously planning some big stuff.

Off-topic - do you ride Sherwood Pines? Thinking of going up there tomorrow. Any recommendations or things to know?
<font size="1">George
<hr noshade size="1">
</b>

Mad Splasherwmb

Postby Mad Splasherwmb » Fri May 18, 2007 22:14 pm

Yeah, went up, was pretty disappointed. I asked the guy in the bike shop where to go thinking there would be a waymarked trail (according to the forestry website there's a black trail). Anyway, he said it's all being re-done and to follow the blue route up to post 5 or 6 and just ride whatever singletrack I could find.

I did find a downhill section with a 4 foot drop but it was pretty short and had a big section of felling which slowed you right down. Other than that, all I found was muddy singletrack. Can't have been in the right area but couldn't find any clues so hey-ho.

<font size="1">George
<hr noshade size="1">
</b>

Return to “MTB General”