reign?

Got a general MTB question that doesn't fit anywhere else? Here's the place.

soulsaverwmb

Postby soulsaverwmb » Sun May 27, 2007 23:06 pm

They are brill but I would say that[:D]
The 05 model won a WMB gold award.
The mantiou swinger is a very good shock, I have had no problems with mine and its had its fair share of abuse I can tell you.

Seriously thought œ650 seems a bit steep for a 05 frame. I only paid œ799 for my frame new when they first came out 2 years ago and I am sure cyclesurgery were selling their remaining stock of 05 frames for œ500 a few months back. I have just had a quick look and they don't appear to have any left but it would paid you to have a good look on the net to see if any other shops have any left if you want one.

<hr noshade size="1"><b><font size="1"><u><font color="black">My Giant Reign</b></font id="size1"></u></font id="black"><font size="1"> <b><i><font color="black"> :Upcoming upgrades, money permitting: </b></font id="black">Pike forks. Hope pro2 hubs.Oh and maybe some flying snake cables given that everyone keeps on about them. </i><b></font id="size1"><font color="black"><i><font size="1">My Dream replacement</font id="size1"></i></b></font id="black">

<b><u><font color="black"><font size="1"> My Marin Palisades Trail</b></u></font id="black"></font id="size1"><font size="1"> <b><i><font color="black"> :Upcoming upgrades, money permitting: </b></font id="black"> XT or XTR crankset or(needed real soon). XT or XTR Front mech. Sram PC991 chain and PG990 Cassette. Hope mini brakes. SDG carbon I-Beam seat post and saddle.Carbon Bars. </i></font id="size1"><font color="black"><i><b><font size="1">My Dream replacement</b></i></font id="size1"></font id="black">
<hr noshade size="1"><font color="black"><center><font size="1">A few pics</font id="size1"></center></font id="black">

Seagull

Postby Seagull » Mon May 28, 2007 09:50 am

150mm on the front. The Manitou is a nice plush shock, however the fox shocks tend to give better performance going back uphill.

my photos NYM biking routes My full Suss My Hardtail

soulsaverwmb

Postby soulsaverwmb » Mon May 28, 2007 10:04 am

Yep œ520 is a good price.

I am just under 6ft and ride a medium. Most people I have come across over at the giant forum at mtbr my size (and a bit bigger) also ride a medium. There is quite a size jump between medium and large, large being larger than large if you get my meaning. I use to ride it with a 100mm stem but I changed my set up to a 80mm stem last year and now have to have the seat right back but it isn't a problem. I can do an all day ride on it without any pains other than a sore ars* and crash damage[:D]

<hr noshade size="1"><b><font size="1"><u><font color="black">My Giant Reign</b></font id="size1"></u></font id="black"><font size="1"> <b><i><font color="black"> :Upcoming upgrades, money permitting: </b></font id="black">Pike forks. Hope pro2 hubs.Oh and maybe some flying snake cables given that everyone keeps on about them. </i><b></font id="size1"><font color="black"><i><font size="1">My Dream replacement</font id="size1"></i></b></font id="black">

<b><u><font color="black"><font size="1"> My Marin Palisades Trail</b></u></font id="black"></font id="size1"><font size="1"> <b><i><font color="black"> :Upcoming upgrades, money permitting: </b></font id="black"> XT or XTR crankset or(needed real soon). XT or XTR Front mech. Sram PC991 chain and PG990 Cassette. Hope mini brakes. SDG carbon I-Beam seat post and saddle.Carbon Bars. </i></font id="size1"><font color="black"><i><b><font size="1">My Dream replacement</b></i></font id="size1"></font id="black">
<hr noshade size="1"><font color="black"><center><font size="1">A few pics</font id="size1"></center></font id="black">

soulsaverwmb

Postby soulsaverwmb » Mon May 28, 2007 10:10 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dunk</i>

I think i will go for the one with the manitou shock as it is cheaper and looks better imo. Dan can't put fox 36's on them [:(] oh well just stick to pike or 32 vans.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Got to agree, the 05 looks much better. cool colour and much better looking rear shock mount. That new shock mount on the new frames is just asking to be crashed into a rock.

Go for a pike. I have been looking to upgrade my forks and with a little help from here have decided on Pikes.

soulsaverwmb

Postby soulsaverwmb » Mon May 28, 2007 10:11 am

Oh and I reckon small but best to see if you can try one first.

have a look here http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

soulsaverwmb

Postby soulsaverwmb » Mon May 28, 2007 10:31 am

I was set on foxes at first but I reckon a lot of it was down to the bling factor. More I looked into it the more pikes came out on top. I take you are going for coil spring forks then and not air with the forks then? Get them from TF and he will fit spring to suit. Bear in mind the weight of the reign, its not the lightest 6" full sus out there so unless you are thinking of using it mainly as a DH bike rather than a trail bike think carefully about weight when picking components.

soulsaverwmb

Postby soulsaverwmb » Mon May 28, 2007 10:36 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dunk</i>

people have got 160mm forks on theres on that site does that void the warenty? is there and decnent 150mm forks?

Dunk

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yes.

As for 150mm forks just stick to pikes or fox 32s.

Return to “MTB General”