gobal warming

Got a general MTB question that doesn't fit anywhere else? Here's the place.
guilliano

Postby guilliano » Thu May 31, 2007 19:06 pm

We don't want more water if the sea levels are rising!!! No more rocket launches!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/guilliano/

guilliano

Postby guilliano » Thu May 31, 2007 19:10 pm

Giving them rain, allowing them to grow crops and solving 3rd world hunger. Nuclear is the way to go then

http://www.flickr.com/photos/guilliano/

Topshelf

Postby Topshelf » Fri Jun 01, 2007 21:19 pm

Nuclear produces very very little actual waste, it's just that it's nasty stuff and tricky to dispose of safely.

Newer reactors are supposed to be far more efficient plus we can recycle used fuel to be re-used (not all fuel gets used up in the reactor). Studies done on sites wherenuclear waste has been dumped at sea shows little or no negative effects, in fact there was an increase in healthy sea life at the sites!

www.topshelfcomponents.com

Capt. Jon

Postby Capt. Jon » Fri Jun 01, 2007 22:31 pm

I like Topshelf - very articulate.

A question - what are the thermal properties of other atmospheric gases?

My take on the climate debate is that there is a huge amount of arrogance in it - we pollute, the climate is changing, it must be us. It's also very anti developmental. Will Africa be able to develop a steel industry or run and rail network on the renewable energy we currently have available?

Plus scientists will do anything for funding. It's even happening in my area (geography) now with a couple of seminar series getting funding doing the kind of research they were before, but do the same research with a weak leak to cc and you get money thrown at you!

TyMBR

Support the UK bike industry
If you don't like what i've posted assume there is a winking smilie next to it you simpleton ;-)

Capt. Jon

Postby Capt. Jon » Sat Jun 02, 2007 07:56 am

So, assuming i understood that correctly (and im not sure i have), water vapour can trap twice as much heat as CO2 and water vapour makes up between 26 and 100 times more of it in the atmosphere. Right?

TyMBR

Support the UK bike industry
If you don't like what i've posted assume there is a winking smilie next to it you simpleton ;-)

Return to “MTB General”