Manitou?

Got a general MTB question that doesn't fit anywhere else? Here's the place.

paulosoxo

Postby paulosoxo » Tue May 29, 2007 18:02 pm

All the other AM's used to be coil sprung, where as the SL's were air sprung. Don't know if that is still the case. You'll be worth while a low pressure shock pump though, as It's taken me forever to get mine set up using a normal high pressure one, as the gauge just isn't accurate enough.

<font size="1"><hr noshade size="1">
<font color="red">My Photos</font id="red"> <font color="blue">My Inbred</font id="blue"> <font color="teal"></font id="teal">My Carrera Gryphon <font color="black">My Single Speed</font id="black"> <font color="green">TyMBR</font id="green">
</font id="size1">

paulosoxo

Postby paulosoxo » Tue May 29, 2007 18:05 pm

paulosoxo

Postby paulosoxo » Tue May 29, 2007 18:15 pm

corrie

Postby corrie » Tue May 29, 2007 18:40 pm

Just to buck the trend, I've got nothing but great things to say about my manitou Skarab forks as long as they stick to their intended use of xc and falling off.[:)]
No issues at all in 5 years

Mmmmmmm Muffins......

NUFC
TyMBR
My bike
My album

Mad Splasherwmb

Postby Mad Splasherwmb » Tue May 29, 2007 21:57 pm

Probably too late to be much help but....

I have 2006 AM1s and compared to the TALAS I had on the bike before they are heavier, stiffer, plusher and better controlled. You will find AM2s easy to set up compared to SLs as AM2s have only one air chamber. Also ETA is a boon when climbing and much more useful than ATA IMO.

As for 20mm vs QR you will not have a problem and your weight is an irrelevance since the point of a through axle is to provide a bottom clamp to the forks to increase torsional stiffness which the AMs have plenty of.

<font size="1">George
<hr noshade size="1">
<b><font color="blue">VeeTee</font id="blue"> <font color="black"> Maxi-Baby</font id="black"> <font color="green"> Scotty Boy</font id="green"> <font color="red">
My Photos</font id="red">
</b>
Believe in your limitations and they shall be yours.</font id="size1">

Return to “MTB General”