Shock/Fork pump...

Got a general MTB question that doesn't fit anywhere else? Here's the place.
GT-Dave

Postby GT-Dave » Tue Jun 12, 2007 09:16 am

Topeak Pocket Shox DXG

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=7355

It's excellent.

<hr noshade size="1"><font color="green">I reject your reality and substitute my own.</font id="green">
<font color="red">06 GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc</font id="red">
<font color="orange">Epping Hard-Cru</font id="orange">

Wolf

Postby Wolf » Tue Jun 12, 2007 09:32 am

I was well upset when my œ1k+ bike didn't come with a suspension pump... Got a rockshox one which seems to work fine...

Marin Eldridge Grade 07
GT Avalanche 1.0 07

pete_s

Postby pete_s » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:15 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gungun24</i>

Do forks come with a pump or do you always have to buy them seperatly

New Pics

My GSpot, Rockhopper and Chameleon (now sold)

Check this out
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Seconded! I have this pump and it is great. Fits in my bag nicely on rides and hardly looses any air from the forks when connecting and dis-connecting. It's also very durable as well, doesn't feel like it's going to snap or crack in a fall.

Really great pump.

<h6>Your face is your fortune; some wise-man spoke. My face is my fortune; which is why i'm totally broke.
</h6>

pete_s

Postby pete_s » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:57 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Minimole</i>

Hmm, so do I need a seperate pump for the fork and shock, or can one such as the Topeak Pocket Shox DXG be used?

So the fork uses much lower pressure than the shock then yeah?

Another thing, do you even use the pump that much? Should I just borrow one of a mate? Or is it something just handy to have at home?

Do all manufacturers use the same fitting for shocks and forks, or do they differ?

Sorry for the newbie questions, Im new to air suspension!

Ta, Duane [:)]

(Pete, which pump were you referring to?)

<hr noshade size="1"><h4><b> <center> GT Ruckus</center><center>"From The Top To The Bottom"</center><center>(Im in the green T-Shirt)</center><center>www.NorthWalesRiders.co.uk
Please check it out (and register)!</center></b></h4>

Oops, quoted the wrong post! [xx(]

I have the Topeak Pocket shox DXG. I've never had a full suspension bike so can't comment on the way that it connects to the pump, but I assume it uses a Schrader vavle just like the front fork and requires higher presures.

I don't really expect to use my pump much so it might not be worth buying one as a lot of bike shops will have one that you can use (or your mate like you said). I could've done the same but I want to build up my toolbox with my own tools.

<h6>Your face is your fortune; some wise-man spoke. My face is my fortune; which is why i'm totally broke.
</h6>

pete_s

Postby pete_s » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:27 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Minimole</i>

Oh, Im guessing this would be crap? :
http://tinyurl.com/26xwdt

<hr noshade size="1"><h4><b> <center> GT Ruckus</center><center>"From The Top To The Bottom"</center><center>(Im in the green T-Shirt)</center><center>www.NorthWalesRiders.co.uk
Please check it out (and register)!</center></b></h4>

Possibly I suppose. With anything cheap you're going to be lacking in important areas like pressure gauge accuracy and valve release. I tried to find some reviews of that pump but sadly to no avail.

</h6>

Return to “MTB General”