hull and surrounding area....

Organising a ride? Looking for riding buddies? Arrange your rides here.
altern_8

hull and surrounding area....

Postby altern_8 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 00:59 am

me and bro are after anyone who rides moors/dales/peaks and dalby,who are looking for or to join us on rides.....apply within :lol:

we go every weekend for a ride,and try to do a bit round hull during week,we ride during week near kingswood(hull) :D
Last edited by altern_8 on Mon May 26, 2014 23:13 pm, edited 68 times in total.

quake7.2

Postby quake7.2 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 06:35 am

hurrah! Im from Kingswood as well!

Will be going to Dalby on Sunday, weather forecast is dry and cold, so should be good riding.....

altern_8

Postby altern_8 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 17:19 pm

well ill keep this going mate for those ppl who live round here......hope to catch up with you for a ride soon mate,even if its just during the week to stretch those legs......

owen_MTB

Postby owen_MTB » Wed Jan 28, 2009 18:20 pm

Im from Hull but dont ride much xc. I may give you a shout if i ever fancy a ride though 8)
It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness

stevebrock

Postby stevebrock » Wed Jan 28, 2009 21:02 pm

Im from Lincoln, I go to Dalby when I can get the lads from work to come but its quite hard!

I tend to pop over to the Peaks, but would be up for meeting you guys for a blast round Dalby! I do and try and get there when I can and my Heckler has not been put through its paces there yet!

ooops my parking pass runs out soon!

Steve

Jboy

Postby Jboy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 00:28 am

I live just north of lincoln and have never been to dalby so would be good to join up with you guys for a blast!!
Tend to do Sherwood Pines ,Laughton woods alot...... local bridleways and footpaths also,just to annoy the local farmers :lol:
Cannondale Carbon Rush 4 08
GT Aggressor 2.0
Orbea Enol Team Rep

MattHarper

Postby MattHarper » Thu Jan 29, 2009 08:42 am

Im usually up and around Dalby, with living in Bridlington. Been out from Skidby Mill with Eats dirt and friends and co. Can usually make a ride on a sunday somewhere, been looking to do more rides in the dales, moors and the peaks. However,being a student I can't always go out every week.

Matt.
Yorkshire Man living in Somerset
http://twitter.com/Mattharperbikin

altern_8

Postby altern_8 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 00:32 am

MattHarper wrote:Im usually up and around Dalby, with living in Bridlington. Been out from Skidby Mill with Eats dirt and friends and co. Can usually make a ride on a sunday somewhere, been looking to do more rides in the dales, moors and the peaks. However,being a student I can't always go out every week.

Matt.

well give us a shout mate if youre up for a ride and got some free time to do the other rides apart from dalby,me and giggsmaster are flexible on where we go to ride,normally find a route to do on a thursday or friday and then go on a sat or sunday....we normally try to do between 15-20 miles,try to find some easy uphills and great downhills......as long as you dont mind stopping now and again for a chat and a few pics being taken,lol

altern_8

Postby altern_8 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 00:33 am

owen_MTB wrote:Im from Hull but dont ride much xc. I may give you a shout if i ever fancy a ride though 8)

so what do you normally ride then mate?????

where about you from in hull????

altern_8

Postby altern_8 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 00:35 am

stevebrock wrote:Im from Lincoln, I go to Dalby when I can get the lads from work to come but its quite hard!

I tend to pop over to the Peaks, but would be up for meeting you guys for a blast round Dalby! I do and try and get there when I can and my Heckler has not been put through its paces there yet!

ooops my parking pass runs out soon!

Steve

well if youre up for a ride in the peaks mate anytime,give us a shout,me and giggsmaster normally go out for a ride every weekend,see my reply to MattHarper mate.......couple of posts above here................

altern_8

Postby altern_8 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 00:39 am

Jboy wrote:I live just north of lincoln and have never been to dalby so would be good to join up with you guys for a blast!!
Tend to do Sherwood Pines ,Laughton woods alot...... local bridleways and footpaths also,just to annoy the local farmers :lol:

well even if you want to join up with us on any of the rides i stated mate,give us a shout,like i said in above posts,me and giggsmaster are flexible where we go,the more the better........

westy27

Postby westy27 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 22:38 pm

Hi.

I am from round hull too and been riding with a friend from the bridge to ferriby, melton, brantingham and south cave. We have only been a few times, has anyone got any good routes around there or elsewhere in hull???

I think were going to dalby this wknd, looking like saturday. Would anyone be up for a ride one weekend around this area.,

Barkey

Postby Barkey » Wed Feb 04, 2009 23:47 pm

Another Hull person here I mainly do the Hessle to brantingham, off to the parents place in france next week :D

Giggsmaster

Postby Giggsmaster » Thu Feb 05, 2009 13:28 pm

I was thinking of going to Dalby this week, hoping it was going to be icy and full of snow, but I aint been able to get time off work. Had a couple of hours spare yesterday, so did a road ride from Kingswood, down Wawne Road through to Beverley then onto Walkington and back through Cott and home.

What are the trails around Brantingham like at the mo, are the rideable or just boggy?

westy27

Postby westy27 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 14:46 pm

We went to Brantingham a few wks back and it wasnt too bad really. Was boggy in places but the majority of it was rideable. As we got into brantingham we turned left and went passed the church, then turned off the main rode up the hill and that was a nice off road section to south cave. Has anyone got any other good routes around there. I think were definatly doing dalby on sunday.

Giggsmaster

Postby Giggsmaster » Thu Feb 05, 2009 15:28 pm

westy27 wrote:We went to Brantingham a few wks back and it wasnt too bad really. Was boggy in places but the majority of it was rideable. As we got into brantingham we turned left and went passed the church, then turned off the main rode up the hill and that was a nice off road section to south cave. Has anyone got any other good routes around there. I think were definatly doing dalby on sunday.

As Altern8 says at the top of the thread, we usually head out of this area for the riding off road, only because we didnt think there would be any decent riding around Hull area. The only off road I do around here is either the Hornsea Track or River Hull Bank. So is it worth giving the trails you mention a go if we cant be bothered to go further afield?

westy27

Postby westy27 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 16:35 pm

Yes i would defiantly say so. I went from the bridge to south cave and it was about 25 mile all in all....

MattHarper

Postby MattHarper » Thu Feb 05, 2009 18:07 pm

Not thought about doing trails out on the wolds towards Driff/Market Weighton way? Lots of trails around that area, going out towards Millington, Warter, Wetwang, Garton-on-the-wolds etc. However, they are more dry routes then wet ones. Im going to the Isle of Skye biking this month, however thinking of going to Hamsterley or Wharncliffe woods next month, could arrange to have a meet or so?
Yorkshire Man living in Somerset

http://twitter.com/Mattharperbikin

Barkey

Postby Barkey » Thu Feb 05, 2009 18:35 pm

I was up on the wolds on Wednesday melton welton brantingham and had a great time sliding about on the ice and snow, hardly any mud for once even in the worse section man it's great when it's cold .

altern_8

Postby altern_8 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 00:36 am

me and giggsmaster have a few routes around wetwang area,but just wondering what its like to ride this time of year......looks like giggsmaster will be replying to posts on here for me for a couple of weeks as i wont be able to get out and ride due to family reasons for a few weeks....so ill let giggsmaster respond to posts on here,giggmaster is ok to go for a few rides tho,just sorry i cant make it at mo.....

Return to “MTB Rides”