hull and surrounding area....

Organising a ride? Looking for riding buddies? Arrange your rides here.
BritishBeef

Re: hull and yorkshire area....

Postby BritishBeef » Tue Jun 19, 2012 14:09 pm

Hi. Did u guys get out last week? weather was a bit bleak but managed to get out Thursday for a jolly over the bridge.

Planning a ride out tom if any one is interested? Just going from east hull to north ferriby, then up thro to bev, via welton, skidby etc. Then doubling back thro to cot from bev. Just short of 40 miles i think.

Looks a nice day for it :D

altern_8

Postby altern_8 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 16:42 pm

Nah,we didnt get out on Sunday,someone was a bit hungover,and it wasnt me for a change :lol:

Myself and Giggs went out yesterday,we would have posted on here but it was a phone call at 10am and out a hour later,so a bit to short notice,we went from Kingswood-Anlaby-Kirk Ella-Nut Wood(which was a bit of a bog fest)-Wauldby Manor Farm-Riplingham-Beverley(long lane)-Kingswood,30 miles in total.

As for 2mor mate,we are looking at maybe,and thats a big maybe,going up onto the moors late afternoon/teatime,depending on weather which as you say looks good,and also how much beer is consumed tonight watching the footie. :oops:

On anouther note if anyone is interested,THIS is on,might be worth going to watch,im 50/50 at the moment.

Giggsmaster

Postby Giggsmaster » Thu Jun 21, 2012 13:51 pm

Did a route on the North Yorks Moors last night on my lonesome. Our kid had a dodgy leg, so didn't want to inflict any more damage.

Set off from Chop Gate at around 6pm, got back to the car about 8.30pm. Think it was 16 mile in total, 2hrs 2mins ride time. Good couple of descents and some nice climbs to be had around Snilesworth Moor, Bilsdale West Moor and Busby Moor. Finished with a hike-a-bike up on to Cold Moor before the long DH back to car park.

Surprising how dry it was up there, until a very boggy section on the last DH....

BritishBeef

Postby BritishBeef » Thu Jun 21, 2012 14:31 pm

Sounds like you guys had a couple of decent rides, never done that route on the moors tho giggs. i havnt been up there or any where out of this area for a while as without transport at the mo, plus im just getting back into biking.

Finding myself becoming a fair weather rider, must be the age, but need to get out of that, i used to be out in all weathers lol

Hopefully gonna get out this weekend some time :)

sl2371

Postby sl2371 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 22:59 pm

hi guys i'm doing from riccall to hull on thursday
a friend of mine is doing the coast to coast so i'm gonna go and meet him and do that leg of the ride with him

gigs the weather we had last week would have been a right night mare for doing the coast to coast :roll:

Giggsmaster

Postby Giggsmaster » Wed Jun 27, 2012 15:02 pm

Your not wrong Si, I was just saying to our lass over the weekend that it would have been a right bogfest for the C2C last week...

Blessing in disguise your dodgy back... :wink:

Did you say you were joining us on the WHW in September?

BritishBeef

Postby BritishBeef » Wed Jun 27, 2012 17:11 pm

hey. What route C2C you guys thinking of taking? would love to do it along Adrien's wall.

sl2371

Postby sl2371 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 18:53 pm

Giggsmaster wrote:Your not wrong Si, I was just saying to our lass over the weekend that it would have been a right bogfest for the C2C last week...

Blessing in disguise your dodgy back... :wink:

Did you say you were joining us on the WHW in September?

when in september is it ?
i'm still not fully back on my bike yet but i will let you know in the next few weeks

altern_8

Postby altern_8 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 22:30 pm

BritishBeef wrote:hey. What route C2C you guys thinking of taking? would love to do it along Adrien's wall.

Giggs and sl2371(Si) where going to do the C2C last week mate,but had to cancel due to sl2371(Si) doing his back in.

Giggs did the St bees-Robin Hoods Bay C2C last year.

We was talking about doing the Hadrians wall C2C at some point but only doing Carlisle-Tynemouth/South shields in a day for charity,as its about 70 miles instead of the full 174 miles,but not got round to it.We have also been talking about having a go at the Yorkshire Wolds route from Hessle-Filey,again we was maybe looking at doing it in a day for charity,or as a warm up ride for Giggs 2nd attempt at the WHW.

Looks like the weather is going to be rubbish for this weekend,even so im going to have to get out on the bike at some point.

Giggsmaster

Postby Giggsmaster » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:53 am

BritishBeef wrote:hey. What route C2C you guys thinking of taking? would love to do it along Adrien's wall.

Aye, like our kid says, we were suppose to do it last week. Glad we didn't now though, would have been a right nightmare...

The route we did last time went through the Lakes, Dales and Moors. Some rough terrain, but very rewarding when you finished it. Though, in parts there were quite a bit of road riding, along with some reet boggy sections.

So, I mapped out our own route this time, as we know our way around the Dales and Moors. Taking away most of the road sections and riding on well known tracks.

sl2371 wrote:when in september is it ?
i'm still not fully back on my bike yet but i will let you know in the next few weeks

I think we are doing the WHW around 20 September, over 4 days.

sl2371

Postby sl2371 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 16:07 pm

well last year you did it in a day didn't you :wink:
i cycled the trans pennine way from selby to hull today with no problems with my back we got a bit wet though
gigs can you find out how much it will cost to do w h w

scoleman99

Postby scoleman99 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 17:55 pm

Anyone about for some riding on wednesday or next weekend or both?

Giggsmaster

Postby Giggsmaster » Fri Jun 29, 2012 20:23 pm

Might do Wednesday dependant on work and weather, have to let you know Tuesday night.

scoleman99

Postby scoleman99 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 21:00 pm

Sweet, no probs!

The_JML

Postby The_JML » Sun Jul 01, 2012 14:19 pm

Im up for some late afternoon 4pm + week day rides if any of you go at that time. Where is everybody from by the way? Im at sutton village...and hi all by the way :)

altern_8

Postby altern_8 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:35 am

Hi and welcome mate,ive been out for a ride at some point with just about everyone on here,and they are all a friendly bunch,unless one of them is a axe murderer in there spare time and i dont know :lol:

Im normally out at least once during the week,and then again at the weekend with Giggsmaster at this time of the year,but due to the rubbish weather we are having we aint been out much at all,if i have enough notice about a ride i do normally change the main thread heading to when/where we are going,all i can suggest at the moment is to keep a eye on here for rides,or drop a post youreself if youre going out and keep youre fingers crossed someone is free....... And im round the corner from you on Kingswood.

ianbbear

Postby ianbbear » Mon Jul 02, 2012 14:08 pm

Gday guys,
Little bit early i know but I'm up in York (staying in Nether Poppleton with brother/family) whilst visiting from Western Australia. I was really wanting to get out to Dalby forest to hit up the Red route, and was wondering if anyone was heading out on Sunday 22nd July and would either have a space in their car (willing to pay petrol etc) or simply just after some company on the trail.

I'm fairly fit and ride regularly, and will hopefully be on me new stumpy! I might be able to do other times also if this doesn't work for anyone, just keen to ride new trails whilst over in the UK.

BritishBeef

Postby BritishBeef » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:17 am

Is any one heading out this week then? I can do after 4pm jml if your free still, or wed morning. Know the weather not great, but least that wind wind is warm :) Im from just off Holderness rd.

altern_8

Postby altern_8 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:37 am

ianbbear wrote:Gday guys,
Little bit early i know but I'm up in York (staying in Nether Poppleton with brother/family) whilst visiting from Western Australia. I was really wanting to get out to Dalby forest to hit up the Red route, and was wondering if anyone was heading out on Sunday 22nd July and would either have a space in their car (willing to pay petrol etc) or simply just after some company on the trail.

York is a bit out of the way for me from Hull,plus at the moment i have no transport so i rely myself on Giggsmaster for a lift anywhere.Also i dont really tend to go to Dalby as i much rather prefer to hit the natural trails on the North York Moors or the Peak district.So i cant really help you mate.

BritishBeef wrote:Is any one heading out this week then? I can do after 4pm jml if your free still, or wed morning. Know the weather not great, but least that wind wind is warm :) Im from just off Holderness rd.

When i spoke to Giggs yesterday,he was on about getting out 2mor(weds) with myself and scoleman99 if he is still free,and heading up onto the moors,still tbc tho.
At the moment i havent got anything planned for this weekend so i could do something on saturday or sunday morning,ill be able to confirm thursday night/friday morning if its any good for you?

BritishBeef

Postby BritishBeef » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:24 pm

Yeah nice one Altern8, weekend sounds good, thats if im not working my self. I'll know more towards end of the week.

Return to “MTB Rides”