Ibis Mojo HD

Want to show off your latest bit of Bling?
Or just want to show of the love of your Life ;)

what colour pedals???

Poll ended at Thu Mar 17, 2011 18:28 pm

black
4
40%
white
3
30%
techno lime green
3
30%
 
Total votes: 10

User avatar
Cat With No Tail
Posts: 13273
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 14:32 pm

Postby Cat With No Tail » Fri May 20, 2011 18:52 pm

That BB looks really low in that last pic there. Not sure if it's just the way the pic was taken though. What sort of height is it at?

User avatar
lawman
Posts: 7077
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 16:45 pm

Postby lawman » Fri May 20, 2011 22:56 pm

Cat With No Tail wrote:That BB looks really low in that last pic there. Not sure if it's just the way the pic was taken though. What sort of height is it at?


it is pretty low, sits at 13.5 inches static, so probably goes down to just over 13 with 25%sag on the shock, the head angle looks really steep to me as well, but i know its not, measured it at 67.4 degrees so its pretty slack, the bb height hasnt been too bad tbh, had a few rock strikes, but nothing major, and it corners likes its on rails, so i cant complain :lol: whats the BB on the edison like?

User avatar
Cat With No Tail
Posts: 13273
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 14:32 pm

Postby Cat With No Tail » Fri May 20, 2011 23:13 pm

That's not really low, it must just be that pic. In fact, it's almost identical to the Edison which has a 350mm BB height (13.8in) and HA (and seat angle) between 73*-67*

User avatar
sheepsteeth
Webster
Posts: 17292
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 19:56 pm

Postby sheepsteeth » Sat May 21, 2011 08:59 am

the edison fels positively lofty compared to haveing iddn specialized bikes for the last few years.

User avatar
lawman
Posts: 7077
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 16:45 pm

Postby lawman » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:03 am

Quick update, Joplin remote fitted and serviced, big thanks to the guys at 2pure for quick turn around and superb service. Few little bling touches still to come, fitted some green kcnc chainring bolts after the black ones went M.I.A, next up will be getting round to sorting the stickers out and giving it a proper good clean, other than that it's been faultless, although I'm not to impressed by the xt cassette, which is already showing signs of wear, but I suppose after 750+ miles it's not done too bad

User avatar
Xgreygoose
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 16:37 pm

Postby Xgreygoose » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:58 am

Hey lawman,
did you see the post I put up on my Nomad thread? Have a look-page 5 and let me know :)
You mention about your cassette, how's the chain doing?
Vodka anyone? "Honk"


Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
Cannondale Hooligan 9
Cannondale Flash Ultimate 2010
Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2010
Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2009

User avatar
lawman
Posts: 7077
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 16:45 pm

Postby lawman » Tue Jul 19, 2011 17:28 pm

Xgreygoose wrote:Hey lawman,
did you see the post I put up on my Nomad thread? Have a look-page 5 and let me know :)
You mention about your cassette, how's the chain doing?


chain seems to be fine, still looks pretty new and shifts as well as ever now ive given it a quick once over, like i say it really is spot on atm :D

shall send you a PM asap btw :)

User avatar
lawman
Posts: 7077
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 16:45 pm

Postby lawman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 14:34 pm

finally got round to not riding it for a while to update :lol:

Image

joplin has been faultless since its was serviced, well impressed and its proved its usefulness many a time. no other changes so far, uni is sucking up my funds til next summer, then its new project time :D (well half a project time...)

User avatar
lawman
Posts: 7077
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 16:45 pm

Re: Ibis Mojo HD140 (update 27/8/11)

Postby lawman » Sat Nov 26, 2011 00:32 am

quick update, will post more details tomorrow plus pics etc :) few changes since the last update, gone 1x10 with a 34t E-13 ring and LG1+ chaindevice, fitted new 2011 nobby nics, set up tubeless and just tonight changed the joplin for a 2012 reverb :D initial impressions of all are good, and with all the changes scales in the lbs say it weighs 25.9lbs :D not half bad me thinks

User avatar
chick0
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 00:44 am

Re: Ibis Mojo HD140 (update 27/8/11)

Postby chick0 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 02:27 am

lawman wrote:quick update, will post more details tomorrow plus pics etc :) few changes since the last update, gone 1x10 with a 34t E-13 ring and LG1+ chaindevice, fitted new 2011 nobby nics, set up tubeless and just tonight changed the joplin for a 2012 reverb :D initial impressions of all are good, and with all the changes scales in the lbs say it weighs 25.9lbs :D not half bad me thinks



That's really great weight for what is pretty much an AM spec with an adjustable post (Crests aside). I guess the single ring, KCNC parts and light rims are really helping to keep it slim... I really hope my Jekyll build will be under 26lbs, but i doubt it.

What Nobby Nic's have you fitted? Also, how do you find the ODI grips with inner raised lip? Do you feel it get in the way, or do they just keep your hands from wandering?

User avatar
lawman
Posts: 7077
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 16:45 pm

Re: Ibis Mojo HD140 (update 27/8/11)

Postby lawman » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:33 am

chick0 wrote:
lawman wrote:quick update, will post more details tomorrow plus pics etc :) few changes since the last update, gone 1x10 with a 34t E-13 ring and LG1+ chaindevice, fitted new 2011 nobby nics, set up tubeless and just tonight changed the joplin for a 2012 reverb :D initial impressions of all are good, and with all the changes scales in the lbs say it weighs 25.9lbs :D not half bad me thinks



That's really great weight for what is pretty much an AM spec with an adjustable post (Crests aside). I guess the single ring, KCNC parts and light rims are really helping to keep it slim... I really hope my Jekyll build will be under 26lbs, but i doubt it.

What Nobby Nic's have you fitted? Also, how do you find the ODI grips with inner raised lip? Do you feel it get in the way, or do they just keep your hands from wandering?


cheers chick0, i was pleasantly surprised when i saw the weight, thought it would be closer to 26.5, the LG1+ is a chuffing light guide, weighs next to nothing, and the nobby nics are just standard 2011 tubeless ready evo's, bout 520g judging by the kitchen scales, so nice and light and tubeless helps alot, was running quite heavy tubes before, so i saved a good 3/4 of a pound or so, very happy with it, although they dont like being run at low pressures on the back, they roll a bit if you run them about 28psi like i do, so i need to experiment with pressures abit more i think :)

the ODI grips are the best I've ever used, they last forever, grip like turd to a carpet, and are incredibly comfortable, and not too shabby weight wise either considering its a lock-on design, very much recommended, bit expensive, but worth it imo :D

User avatar
chick0
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 00:44 am

Re: Ibis Mojo HD140 (update 27/11/11)

Postby chick0 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 13:10 pm

Are your new Nobbys 2.25? How much stan's milk are you using??

User avatar
lawman
Posts: 7077
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 16:45 pm

Re: Ibis Mojo HD140 (update 27/11/11)

Postby lawman » Sat Nov 26, 2011 19:35 pm

yep, 2.25's and im using about 2 scoops of sealant :)

User avatar
bails87
Posts: 13051
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 22:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Ibis Mojo HD140 (update 27/11/11)

Postby bails87 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:25 pm

After trying Lawman's bike I've also got the ODI troy lee grips, and I'd recommend them. As has been said above, they're grippy, comfy and seem to be hard wearing.
MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."

User avatar
chick0
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 00:44 am

Re: Ibis Mojo HD140 (update 27/11/11)

Postby chick0 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Do any of you know if the ODI Troy Lees are thicker then the ODI Ruffan's ?

leejdavies
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:16 pm

Re: Ibis Mojo HD140 (update 27/11/11)

Postby leejdavies » Mon Nov 28, 2011 14:23 pm

Loving the look of this but have to say the cable routing doesn't seem considered (not by lawman but by Ibis). Highlighting it with white cables hasn't helped either.

Other than that love the stealthy almost logoless frame.
Up: Wilier Mortirolo
Down: Orange Patriot

User avatar
lawman
Posts: 7077
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 16:45 pm

Re: Ibis Mojo HD140 (update 27/11/11)

Postby lawman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 18:34 pm

leejdavies wrote:Loving the look of this but have to say the cable routing doesn't seem considered (not by lawman but by Ibis). Highlighting it with white cables hasn't helped either.

Other than that love the stealthy almost logoless frame.


to start with i wasnt running it correctly, but when i got a remote seatpost, as seen in the last picture, i changed it to the correct routing, which imo matches the lines of the frame really and is very very discreet when riding, turners and some vpp bikes having shocking routing... but each to their own :lol: frame needs more green, kinda wish it looked more like this... (but green instead of orange :lol: )

Image

Dick Scruttock
Posts: 2355
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 16:09 pm

Re: Ibis Mojo HD140 (update 27/11/11)

Postby Dick Scruttock » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:09 am

Can i just ask how tall you are? Now i have sold my SC I am very tempted to go for one of these.

User avatar
lawman
Posts: 7077
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 16:45 pm

Re: Ibis Mojo HD140 (update 27/11/11)

Postby lawman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 15:30 pm

Rick Draper wrote:Can i just ask how tall you are? Now i have sold my SC I am very tempted to go for one of these.


im a hair under 6 foot 1, but ive got shortish legs so went for the medium, as it matched the geometry of my maxlight size wise, i'd say a medium would be too short for you judging by your LTC, a large would be good for you i think, i could have gone for a large tbh, im pretty in between sizes, but for me i reckon the medium is spot on :D

i will post pics when ive got my warranty replacement axle for my pro2's from hope :roll:

User avatar
lawman
Posts: 7077
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 16:45 pm

Re: Ibis Mojo HD140 (update 27/11/11)

Postby lawman » Mon Dec 05, 2011 00:07 am

pics are up :D

Image

Image

Image

Image

well impressed with the reverb, seriously, seriously good piece of kit, wipes the floor with the joplin, and its so nice the chain actually stays in place now, rather than hanging off the outside of the big ring!!


Return to “Your Mountain Bikes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests