Production Privee Shan

Want to show off your latest bit of Bling?
Or just want to show of the love of your Life ;)
monotokpoint

Re: Production Privee Shan

Postby monotokpoint » Sat Jun 15, 2013 18:07 pm

Any news on the ride? Having seen some vids, they look great on the downs :D How are they on the ups? What sort of weight have you managed to built to?

milko9000

Postby milko9000 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 14:17 pm

It rides really nicely, I love it. I've got an SB-66 as well and for my general riding around the Surrey Hills trails I've not touched it since getting the Shan. I don't have any problems getting it up hills either, though I would say climbs are something I'm naturally pretty good at so I may not be the harshest judge there.
My build weighs in at 12kg I think - I'm not much of a weight weenie (bit of a featherweight myself) so it's fine for me. I could no doubt lighten it with a change of pedals, going tubeless, that kind of stuff.

For another comparison I rode my mate's Ti Stanton Slackline down a trail the other week, and scared the heck out of myself. Dunno if its because its that much lighter, or slightly small for me, or what. But I felt like I could barely control it going into corners, I was always going too quick! Probably something I'd get used to I'm sure.

monotokpoint

Postby monotokpoint » Sun Jun 16, 2013 17:40 pm

Thats interesting as the Ti Stanton is also on my list for a hardcore hard tail! Thanks for the update, I've got some thinking to do!

milko9000

Postby milko9000 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 18:50 pm

They're lovely, any of them left for sale? Yeah, one quick trail ain't enough for me to judge it on at all but it's super light for sure, about the same as a carbon 456. I think my mate's final build came out at 1kg lighter than mine if memory serves.

monotokpoint

Postby monotokpoint » Sun Jun 16, 2013 19:21 pm

Yeah they looks very nice, not sure what the availability is as I only came across the Ti yesterday. Didn't realise they did them. But then the Shan looks fab too, and it's quite a bit cheaper, and 12kgs is roughly what I was aiming for so thats good to hear. Already have a Ti Airbourne, for XC, and would like something a bit different I think. I'll be using the new one mainly for Wales trips. Hmm, I think it's going to be the Shan (in Gulf of course) ;)

Dan Locks

Postby Dan Locks » Thu Dec 03, 2015 13:40 pm

D&D Cycles have the new Production Privee Shan 27 Diamond Reverse looks bloody awesome and has a combo with DVO Diamond Fork!

http://ddcycles.co.uk/product/production-privee-shan-27-diamond-reverse/

Return to “Your Mountain Bikes”