My inbred training/winter (but really pub/work) bike

Want to show off your latest bit of Bling?
Or just want to show of the love of your Life ;)
stubs

Re: My inbred training/winter (but really pub/work) bike

Postby stubs » Mon Jun 03, 2013 09:57 am

Mine currently has 1.75 slick commuting tyres on pumped up to about 55 psi. Went for a ride last night off road and couldnt be bothered to fit a proper front tyre first. My wrists got a battering I have ridden that bit around a hundred times but didnt realise there was so many potholes and bumps :lol:
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

leythervegas

Postby leythervegas » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:03 am

I've also ordered some onone foam grips as I get the sore wrists problem too. I'll let you know if it improves it stubs.

paul.skibum

Postby paul.skibum » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:46 am

HI fellas - just saw this thread again and vaguely remembered posting something inflammatory on it. I apologise (slightly) for the tone of my earlier comments I may have had a drink or two but I did have an older model Inbred and I loathed it.

I bought it dirty cheap second hand off a friend in my club - had good spec kit on it from a few years back (at the time) but despite that I could never get on with it off road and very quickly went back to my other bike. Good thing about it was it could be fitted with a rack, I chucked a rigid fork on it and used it for commuting but I found it heavy, horrible geometry, always felt like the front wheel was tucking under even with suspension adjusted rigid forks on and I generally did not enjoy it. Ended up lending it to a mate for about 18 months and he rode everywhere on it (had no other transport) and even rode a few off road jaunts with us on slicks and rigid, he had no other transport so tolerated it but basically treated it as a skip bike and I was happy for him to do that. Ended up selling it for half what I paid for it and was glad to be shot of it except when I had to take my much beloved proper bike on the commute and worried about it being locked up in london all day!

Best of luck with yours, if you love em all power to you - rip it up!
Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.

Jonny the Leyther

Postby Jonny the Leyther » Tue Jun 04, 2013 08:51 am

Rode this to football last night with leythervegas, first time riding a singlespeed and was a good dip of the toe as i'm about halfway though a singlespeed build myself.

It's a classy looking bike and rides really smooth, i absolutely love it.

leythervegas

Postby leythervegas » Sat Jun 15, 2013 22:39 pm

Well stubs, been riding for a week with the foam grips and they've definitely made a difference. A little may be down to me getting used to riding rigid forks but its much easier on the wrists. You should give it a go pal, its a relatively cheap upgrade at a tenner, here's a link....

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/BTOOFLOG/on ... foam_grips

stubs

Postby stubs » Sun Jun 16, 2013 05:35 am

Dont normally get battered wrists but I just never bothered to fit the off road tyre. I dropped the air pressure on the front 1.75 commuter tyre but if I dropped the pressure to give my wrists a bit of protection it felt like the tyre was rolling off the rim so it was get battered wrists on that ride or lose the front end. Might try those grips anyway though the BoB On grips are well worn and need replacing.
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

leythervegas

Postby leythervegas » Thu Sep 19, 2013 19:28 pm

Well after not getting much use out of this bike I've decided to put her up for sale. It really is in very good condition and rides like a dream. Dont really know what these go for so will listen to sensible offers.

leythervegas

Postby leythervegas » Thu Sep 19, 2013 19:37 pm

Here's a recent picture. Spec is the same except I've upgraded the tyres to kenda small block 8s. Pm me for more details if interested.

Return to “Your Mountain Bikes”