Wider bar with decent rise.

Discuss the eternal "Which fork/bike/tyres should I buy?" questions.
User avatar
Myster101
Posts: 754
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 19:03 pm

Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby Myster101 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 15:58 pm

As title, looking for a wide bar (>700mm) with quite a big rise. As usual don't want to spend much so cheaper the better.

Any ideas?
__________________
"I keep getting eureaka moments ... followed very quickly by embarrassment when someone points out I'm a plank"

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
Ribble 7005 Sportive

User avatar
supersonic
Lives Here
Posts: 81828
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:50 am

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby supersonic » Wed Oct 03, 2012 16:01 pm


mcnultycop
Posts: 2111
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 15:35 pm

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby mcnultycop » Wed Oct 03, 2012 20:37 pm

I have the above, they were lighter than my stock bars and haven't broken. A positive review.

User avatar
Myster101
Posts: 754
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 19:03 pm

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby Myster101 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 21:09 pm

Thanks both :wink:
__________________
"I keep getting eureaka moments ... followed very quickly by embarrassment when someone points out I'm a plank"

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
Ribble 7005 Sportive

User avatar
chez_m356
Posts: 1892
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 20:04 pm

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby chez_m356 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 23:18 pm

Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011


User avatar
chez_m356
Posts: 1892
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 20:04 pm

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby chez_m356 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:46 pm

The Beginner wrote:Wasn't aware the OP said they were doing DH?

Myster101 wrote:As title, looking for a wide bar (>700mm) with quite a big rise. As usual don't want to spend much so cheaper the better.

Any ideas?

obviously you didn't have any
Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011


User avatar
jimothy78
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 20:20 pm

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby jimothy78 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:53 pm

I just picked up a funn fatboy 710mmm from ebay for £8 including postage. 25mm rise plus a few degrees of upsweep.

User avatar
supersonic
Lives Here
Posts: 81828
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:50 am

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby supersonic » Thu Oct 04, 2012 15:04 pm

chez_m356 wrote:
The Beginner wrote:Wasn't aware the OP said they were doing DH?

Myster101 wrote:As title, looking for a wide bar (>700mm) with quite a big rise. As usual don't want to spend much so cheaper the better.

Any ideas?

obviously you didn't have any


So why mention a low rise 680mm bar when he wants larger than 700 and high rise? ;-)

User avatar
The Rookie
Posts: 23061
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 09:29 am

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby The Rookie » Thu Oct 04, 2012 15:24 pm

And as SS's suggestion already hit nail firmly on head, no point coming up with something worse really!

User avatar
Myster101
Posts: 754
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 19:03 pm

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby Myster101 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 21:56 pm

Thanks all, think it will be the one SS suggested.

Thanks again,

Toddy.
__________________
"I keep getting eureaka moments ... followed very quickly by embarrassment when someone points out I'm a plank"

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
Ribble 7005 Sportive

User avatar
chez_m356
Posts: 1892
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 20:04 pm

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby chez_m356 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:03 am

supersonic wrote:
chez_m356 wrote:
The Beginner wrote:Wasn't aware the OP said they were doing DH?

Myster101 wrote:As title, looking for a wide bar (>700mm) with quite a big rise. As usual don't want to spend much so cheaper the better.

Any ideas?

obviously you didn't have any


So why mention a low rise 680mm bar when he wants larger than 700 and high rise? ;-)

you got me on the size, but if you click on the link it does say 700, CRC's fault not mine, and a choice of 2 rise's 20 and 40mm, 40 isn't low is it, happy now, feel free to contact CRC about their misleading add :wink:
Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011

User avatar
chez_m356
Posts: 1892
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 20:04 pm

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby chez_m356 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:05 am

The Beginner wrote:And as SS's suggestion already hit nail firmly on head, no point coming up with something worse really!

no point with coming up with nothing at all either
Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011

User avatar
The Rookie
Posts: 23061
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 09:29 am

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby The Rookie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:06 am

Nothing at all is better than plain wrong.......it wastes less money!

User avatar
chez_m356
Posts: 1892
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 20:04 pm

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby chez_m356 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:13 am

The Beginner wrote:Nothing at all is better than plain wrong.......it wastes less money!

er obviously your not very good at reading posts, i've just written an explanation to what sonic said, and at the first glance it wasn't wrong, anyway thanks for your input, i'm sure its benefited everyone involved :D
Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011

User avatar
The Rookie
Posts: 23061
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 09:29 am

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby The Rookie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:16 am

Yup, saved the OP money, but no problem.....and I read the post where you explained you hadn't read the page properly......

User avatar
chez_m356
Posts: 1892
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 20:04 pm

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby chez_m356 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:29 am

The Beginner wrote:Yup, saved the OP money, but no problem.....and I read the post where you explained you hadn't read the page properly......

no you didn't, sonic did, the only contribution you have made is to be derisive, don't forget your coat on the way out
    Image
:wink:
Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011

User avatar
supersonic
Lives Here
Posts: 81828
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:50 am

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby supersonic » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:50 am

The bars are 680mm, CRC are wrong:

http://www.sram.com/truvativ/products/t ... r-bar-comp

But they do have a larger rise ;-)

User avatar
The Rookie
Posts: 23061
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 09:29 am

Re: Wider bar with decent rise.

Postby The Rookie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 16:57 pm

chez_m356 wrote:
The Beginner wrote:Yup, saved the OP money, but no problem.....and I read the post where you explained you hadn't read the page properly......

no you didn't, sonic did, the only contribution you have made is to be derisive, don't forget your coat on the way out


I read it, yes......I stopped at the fact they were DH bars which wasn't what the OP wanted to start with....

Heres your coat!


Return to “MTB Buying Advice”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RockmonkeySC and 4 guests