£500 budget for 2nd hand hardtail??

Discuss the eternal "Which fork/bike/tyres should I buy?" questions.
ZeeSaffa

Re: £500 budget for 2nd hand hardtail??

Postby ZeeSaffa » Thu Jan 10, 2013 15:13 pm

Thanks Polf. That does look like a good deal but I still need some time to decide what I want/need.
Good luck with the sale!

@Beginner -

I know what you mean about it differing from my original post but all of this has been food for thought.
As Supersonic said - I can't really have it all for my budget.

I've been looking at the Ragleys and really like the old school look of them.
I can put some 120mm forks on it and I reckon that should be pretty decent for my needs.
I know it's going to be heavy.... But I guess I'll need to lose some weight to compensate :)

That build you're doing look great!! After spending the last couple of week looking at some of the builds on these here forums its really got me keen to do one myself.

ZeeSaffa

Postby ZeeSaffa » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:19 am

Wow!
After just 18 months of riding (local & trail centres)... I've learnt so much and now realise how clueless I was when I first asked this question! :?

I'm still clueless actually - because I've badly injured myself and won't be riding for at least a year :(

Vinbad

Postby Vinbad » Tue Aug 05, 2014 14:28 pm

supersonic wrote:The 456 comes in 3 guises, carbon, and two steel versions.

Geometry is a personal thing, but those who like aggressive, gravity oriented riding prefer slacker (67 degrees and less) and long forks. However, while this provides stability on the downs, it can feel a bit sluggish for xc.

Cant go wrong with On-One. Had several and think they are great value for money.

Return to “MTB Buying Advice”