Hope floating discs

Discuss the eternal "Which fork/bike/tyres should I buy?" questions.
Futureboy

Hope floating discs

Postby Futureboy » Tue May 29, 2007 19:08 pm

Anyone around here use them?

I was thinking about getting some, but have heard that they can start "rattling" over time. Has anyone experienced this?

Are they worthwhile over standard fixed rotors. Are they purely for bling factor?

Vegeeta

Postby Vegeeta » Tue May 29, 2007 20:18 pm

You've had them 6 months but how far have you ridden and how hard do you ride?

One of the guys at work who races has got the slightly thinner ones that come with the Works version and they've started rattling after only a couple of months.

<center><font color="black">A</font id="black"> <font color="red">red</font id="red"> <font color="black">Aireal Symetech XC rear hub!</font id="black"> <font color="black">Aireal EV-2 headset!</font id="black"> <font color="black">A</font id="black"> <font color="blue">blue</font id="blue"> <font color="black">Aireal Symetech hub!</font id="black"></center>
<center><font color="orange">AIREAL AUSTRALIA</font id="orange"></center>

<center>[:)] [:D] [8D] [:I] [:p] [}:)] [;)] [:o)] [B)] [8] [:(] [8)] [:0] [:(!] [xx(] [|)] [:X] [^] [V] [?]</center>

monkeyfcuker

Postby monkeyfcuker » Tue May 29, 2007 21:52 pm

no ratteling here, alot of tinging wen they get super hot[:D] had no problems at all with the discs! had them on bike about a year, ride a fair bit they have proved themselves on dh tracks and a week in spain! i did manage to cook a set of pads tho, they just stopped working after a really heavy day draggin rear brake alot! put some new pads in nxt day and they were spot on again!

<center><b><font color="purple"><font size="1">me</font id="size1"></font id="purple"></b></center><center><b><font color="purple"><font size="1">my bike</font id="size1"></font id="purple"></b></center><center> <b><font color="black"><font size="1">my dark side</font id="size1"></font id="black"></b></center><center><font color="red"><font size="2">Myspace</font id="size2"></font id="red"></center><center><font size="1"><font color="green">holiday pics</font id="green"></font id="size1"><font color="orange"><font size="1"> videos</font id="size1"></font id="orange"></center>

madmole

Postby madmole » Wed May 30, 2007 14:01 pm

No probs with mine. They are lighter than the normal disks and look the biz. They seem to stay cooler. so they qre not marketing hype

Marin Mount Vision 2005. Hope Pro 2/Mavic XC717/DT rev. Cinders 2.1, XT, Easton 70 bars, ODI rogues, KMC Chain, various bling

Return to “MTB Buying Advice”