Any one used these route maps

Discuss Off road routes, route conditions and the facilities here.
apcmtb

Any one used these route maps

Postby apcmtb » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:36 am

Looking at buying these for some localish riding once I get back in the saddle.

http://www.bikemaps.co.uk/bundles.htm

Top one Wild Boar bundle. Just want to know are they worth it[?]

Thanks in advance[:)]
Andy

<center><font color="red">Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.</font id="red"></center>
<center>My Pic's & Stuff</center>

DSA244

Postby DSA244 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:04 pm

They seem quite expensive in my opinion. I suggest trying vertibtare graphics books as they are good, they have books for many regions. I have the Lake District version which is good (27 routes), you can also buy a CD ROM version to print routes on to A4 rther than ruin your book on the trails.

http://www.v-outdoor.co.uk/products/ind ... ain+Biking

DSA244

Postby DSA244 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:05 pm

I just realised they have th same books below the paoer maps at the top. Again the books are good and appear better value

mrjiey

Postby mrjiey » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:06 pm

Yeah iv bought a few of them. bought one for Ladybower, and 2 for the lakes. they're good maps, large, plastic covered (forgotten what you call it), with lots of detail on the other side, and even some recommendations...

enjoy your ride...

apcmtb

Postby apcmtb » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:07 pm

Yeah I'd looked at that, but it covers rides that at least for the forseeable that I 'm not going to put myself through, Linked to the above as they are produced locally to me, i.e will be of greater use

<center><font color="red">Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.</font id="red"></center>

apcmtb

Postby apcmtb » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:08 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mrjiey</i>

Yeah iv bought a few of them. bought one for Ladybower, and 2 for the lakes. they're good maps, large, plastic covered (forgotten what you call it), with lots of detail on the other side, and even some recommendations...

enjoy your ride...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Does this include a decription/instructions to follow?

mrjiey

Postby mrjiey » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:27 pm

yeah it does, quite easy to follow aswell. we'll iv never gotten lost using them...

apcmtb

Postby apcmtb » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:39 pm

Good stuff, I'll purchase them then

Return to “Routes”