Wife 2 Be project bike

The home of female specific MTB'ing.
A16UYF

Wife 2 Be project bike

Postby A16UYF » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Hello ladies,

Just thought i'd ask your advice as to which woman specific bike / frame you would recommend, as im about to start a project for my wife to be.

Thanks in advance
Cube Sting SCR (custom build)
Spesh allez (factory build)

supersonic
Lives Here

Re: Wife 2 Be project bike

Postby supersonic » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:35 pm

Depends on your budget and type of riding. I wouldn't limit to womens frames either, they vary so much.

victoriac

Postby victoriac » Mon Jul 23, 2012 15:48 pm

If your wife is like me - a 'typical' girly shape (shorter upper body and torso than blokes but longer legs, when compared to a guy the same height, wider hips and narrower shoulders) then a womens specific bike could be great.
I ride a Specialized Era which is a great fit for me - on non women specific bikes I struggle to find one that I don't have to stretch out to reach the handlebars comfortably without putting on a really small stem, which then has handling implications.... :D
I would take her into a shop that has a few womens bikes and see if she likes the fit or not, then go from there.

Mrs Toast

Postby Mrs Toast » Tue Jul 24, 2012 13:45 pm

And if your wife is more of a sausage dog build like me (long torso, short legs), then she'll be better off with a man's frame. Although that said, it varies hugely from brand to brand - one manufacturer may be known for making 'long' bikes, and their women specific frames can be longer than the equivalent sized bloke's frame from another manufacturer.

Return to “Women”