Pains in little finger!

Get fit for riding.
adover

Pains in little finger!

Postby adover » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:08 pm

Easy all, I keep getting this every time I ride, I seem to get really bad pains in my left little finger, especially after jumping/downhill, the right little fingers allright but the left one is barely moveable after a sesh and there's a constant numb pain!! Ianyone got any ideas?

Underscore

Postby Underscore » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:51 pm

Hi,

I get this too. Apparently there is a nerve that runs down the outside of the palm and is responsible for the sensation in the little finger and part of the ring finger. If you are susceptible, and your bars.grips form a pressure point on this nerve, you get the pain that we experience. I'm intending to try some Ergon GX2 grips, which are supposed to improve this by reducing the pressure, but they may not be suitable for jumping or DH (I only do XC).

I'm interested to hear if anyone else has found another way of easing the pain...

_

hastings

Postby hastings » Mon Nov 26, 2007 17:21 pm

i get this too. some of the specialized gloves have pads on the palms over these nerves cushioning it from the handlebars. I would recommend some of these as not only do they stop my hands from going numb but they also have saved me from having skin grafted off my ass onto my hands

Dr_Death

Postby Dr_Death » Tue Nov 27, 2007 17:28 pm

I'd second the Specialized BG gloves (they are designed to cushion your Ulnar nerve, which is the one you are on about).
Steve

Trust me, I'm a doctor!

http://www.vimeo.com/DrDeath

Return to “Health, Fitness & Training”