Sports Drinks/What Fluid

Get fit for riding.
adrian4224
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 00:02 am

re: elete water for hydration and relieving cramp.

Postby adrian4224 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Re: elete electrolyte drink for hydration and relieving cramping

Please note that if you are wishing to try a free sample of elete please contact me at the following e-mail address: adrian@ikonassociates.com.

This e-mail address replaces the one from earlier posts as it is more reliable.

All the best

Adrian

PamPen25
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 17:54 pm

Re: re: elete water for hydration and relieving cramp.

Postby PamPen25 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:48 am

adrian4224 wrote:Re: elete electrolyte drink for hydration and relieving cramping

Please note that if you are wishing to try a free sample of elete please contact me at the following e-mail address: adrian@ikonassociates.com.

This e-mail address replaces the one from earlier posts as it is more reliable.

All the best

Adrian


Your in PR! What's the catch? :roll:

User avatar
sampras38
Posts: 1817
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 23:32 pm

Re: re: elete water for hydration and relieving cramp.

Postby sampras38 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 13:18 pm

PamPen25 wrote:
adrian4224 wrote:Re: elete electrolyte drink for hydration and relieving cramping

Please note that if you are wishing to try a free sample of elete please contact me at the following e-mail address: adrian@ikonassociates.com.

This e-mail address replaces the one from earlier posts as it is more reliable.

All the best

Adrian


Your in PR! What's the catch? :roll:


Don't be so paranoid..he's a good bloke and it's a genuine offer.

clarkie28
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 19:54 pm

Postby clarkie28 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 14:06 pm

Thanks everyone (especially bigbenj_08 :D ) for this interesting and informative topic.

I will give the free sample of elete water a go and see how i get on!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!!!

Clarkie

PamPen25
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 17:54 pm

Postby PamPen25 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 14:11 pm

I'm giving it ago to. Let you know the outcome.

clarkie28
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 19:54 pm

Postby clarkie28 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 14:25 pm

Cheers PamPen25.

I have just this minute emailed Adrian for a sample so hopefully i will get mine sometime soon!!

PamPen25
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 17:54 pm

Postby PamPen25 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 14:30 pm

Well probably get it at the same time then....I emailed Adrian earlier today for a sample.

PamPen25
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 17:54 pm

Postby PamPen25 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 18:02 pm

I got my free sample of elete today, going Afan for the weekend camping on Friday so I'll let you know how the stuff goes.

User avatar
Broonster
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 19:26 pm

Postby Broonster » Thu Apr 01, 2010 15:15 pm

MrVanilla wrote:
colintrav wrote:And it's not even part of MOD issued army rations ...


Agree with the rest of your post, but Lucozade Isotonic drinks are part of the new MOD ration packs ;)


....as were the glucose 'energy' tablets, probably made by the same manufacturer, and were part of ration packs for years if I recall correctly. They do seem to have changed a fair bit now though.
Road Training: 2011 Moda Nocturne
Road Racer: 2012 Cervelo R3
XC Racer: 2010 Giant Anthem X2
Hack: 2006 Specialized Hardrock

clarkie28
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 19:54 pm

Postby clarkie28 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 20:12 pm

Yeah nice one PamPen25, let us know how you get on!

I received my free sample on Wednesday too! Im just waiting for the lighter mornings to arrive to go out 3-4 times a week before work on my new Spesh Allez! :D

santacrews
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 16:35 pm

Postby santacrews » Mon Apr 12, 2010 14:48 pm

OK, I received my FREE sample of ELETE and having had the past 8 Days off work i,ve ridden Dalby, Wharncliffe, Sherwood Pines, Gisburn,
I,ve used this product over my previous supplement NUUN and have found the following.

The product "SEEMS" to alter the viscocity of water ? i know this sounds weird but it doesent appear to taste different to water but it feels different in the mouth ! this seems to quench the thirst and removes the need to gulp and you can get away with sipping the drink as oposed to taking on more fluid,
The fiddly bottle has been brought up and the design is being rectified i believe, altho i did receive some small 10ml sample pippettes which were very handy.
Previously ! using my other product it seemed to not wet my whistle as much as the ELETE and i suffered cramps on a long climb on my training ride which has been eliminated now,
I have half a tube of NUUN which i will drop back on for a week of riding to compare but i dont think ill be buying any more.
I have already purchased some ELETE and intend to use this from now on, prior to this i always used Robinsons dilute pop with tapolena but i feel the add in of the four elements do work for me whether or not this is the plecebo effect is yet to be resolved but this stuff works for me !

adrian4224
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 00:02 am

elete

Postby adrian4224 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 19:09 pm

santacrews wrote:OK, I received my FREE sample of ELETE and having had the past 8 Days off work i,ve ridden Dalby, Wharncliffe, Sherwood Pines, Gisburn,
I,ve used this product over my previous supplement NUUN and have found the following.

The product "SEEMS" to alter the viscocity of water ? i know this sounds weird but it doesent appear to taste different to water but it feels different in the mouth ! this seems to quench the thirst and removes the need to gulp and you can get away with sipping the drink as oposed to taking on more fluid,
The fiddly bottle has been brought up and the design is being rectified i believe, altho i did receive some small 10ml sample pippettes which were very handy.
Previously ! using my other product it seemed to not wet my whistle as much as the ELETE and i suffered cramps on a long climb on my training ride which has been eliminated now,
I have half a tube of NUUN which i will drop back on for a week of riding to compare but i dont think ill be buying any more.
I have already purchased some ELETE and intend to use this from now on, prior to this i always used Robinsons dilute pop with tapolena but i feel the add in of the four elements do work for me whether or not this is the plecebo effect is yet to be resolved but this stuff works for me !



Hi Santa Crews,

Your observation re the viscosity of the water is very interesting in that many people say that elete gives water a 'rounded mouth feel' which I suspect is what you are getting. This is absolutely normal and we believe it is to do with the ionic mineral content and also that we think mineral absorption commences as soon as it enters the mouth.

Am glad you are finding elete works, particularly for the cramping (which is a particular attribute of ionic magnesium).

All the best

Adrian

santacrews
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 16:35 pm

Postby santacrews » Tue Apr 13, 2010 06:56 am

Hi Adrian,

PHEW !

I,m glad i got that across in my desciption of how ELETE feels on the Pallette, it is noticeably different in the mouth and i personally feel that this promotes the need to sip rather than gulp ! increasing the life span of the water carried and promoting water discipline without actually realising.

For those that are thinking whats he on about, Think sucking thro the bite valve and taking on fluid, previously when i have done this i have taken on air ? somehow the valve bleeds air and creates bubbles around the valve in the mouth,
"Well it did for me" especially when i,m hanging out trying to breath drink eat fart etc all at the same time !
Well this stops that and kind of feels like you are drinking thicker liquid ? altho its plain and simple water with a liquid add in.

I would be interested if any other Testers had noticed this that have tried in any of the above the threads ?

cammer
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 22:20 pm

Postby cammer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:37 am

Many Thanks to Adrian for the free sample of Elete in the post.

Having used nuun tablets for quite a while I was interested in this alternative.

What first attracted me to Elete water was the natural ingredients. Nuun has an ingredient i'd rather avoid (sodium benzonate - google it)

Have tried elete a couple of times, and also notice the 'rounded mouth feel'. A big advantage is the option to mix it with any other drink you fancy, but it's not too bad in plain water either.

I'm not a sweaty person as such (need to ride faster! :roll: ) and don't often suffer cramps but I think i'll definitely be putting a few drops of this into my drink on those (rare!) hot summer days, to get those losts salts back. That's when I hope to really notice the advantage of Elete.

hackters
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 05:29 am

Postby hackters » Sat May 22, 2010 11:01 am

HI, Looking like a interesting thread going on. Its good that people are actually willing to share their views on this topic.For cheap Zhu Zhu pets please see the Zhu Zhu pets hamsters site where you can buy Zhu Zhu hamsters at low prices.
Last edited by hackters on Fri May 28, 2010 07:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
supersonic
Lives Here
Posts: 81828
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:50 am

Re: Seriously do a bit more research

Postby supersonic » Sat May 22, 2010 13:56 pm

whodatbiker wrote:Why are you wasting time with iso sloppy drinks.

Spot on: "The idea behind carbohydrate in the drink is to give the athlete more fuel for energy and to balance the fluid concentration. Carbs are the main source of energy in events that last over 10 seconds."
Research at Loughbrough uni has shown that milk based drinks are leaps better than iso tonic drinks and the like. For any sustained actitivity you NEED carbs, yes you can balance out with Protein, but you must have some energy releasing carbs if you want to endure and have stamina.

Check out following links:
http://journals.cambridge.org/action/di ... id=1057236
www.nrichment.com


It clearly states this as a recovery drink, and recommends adding sodium.

User avatar
supersonic
Lives Here
Posts: 81828
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:50 am

Postby supersonic » Fri May 28, 2010 15:18 pm

The free sample [and very generous I might add] turned up today. Tried the stuff just in water for the taste test. I noticed straight away the different mouth feel, almost a 'slicker' feel. Would recommend a splash of cordial though.

Waiting now to take for a test on a ride and see how I feel.

adrian4224
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 00:02 am

Postby adrian4224 » Fri May 28, 2010 15:35 pm

Hi Supersonic,

I am delighted your sample arrived :D .

Re the taste; a small splash of cordial is a good idea if the flavour is a little salty. We find a small amount of elderflower works very well.

The taste of elete varies from person to person, with some getting a slight salty taste and others not noticing anything. The different mouth feel though is evident to everyone who tries it.

By the way, it is also excellent in coffee, about 10-20 drops in a good size mug improves the flavour.

All the best

Adrian

User avatar
supersonic
Lives Here
Posts: 81828
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:50 am

Postby supersonic » Fri May 28, 2010 15:38 pm

Yeah, was a slight saltiness though I do admit it was slightly above the recommended concentration. By no means unpleasant though!

I had a slight hangover too today which seems to be disappearing lol.

PamPen25
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 17:54 pm

Postby PamPen25 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 17:42 pm

Hi Adrian,

The samples were good.

I must agree with the previous posts, definitely more slicker texture to the water. (Wouldn't recommend tasting it on it's own! :cry: a bit on the salty side). Cordial is recommendation I would agree with for longer sessions

It isn't an offensive addition, if anything it's better than some I've tried. The bottle it came in was useful, I keep it in my gym bag or in my hydropack.

Thanks.


Return to “Health, Fitness & Training”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest