The Fat Club

Get fit for riding.
XxxBFGxxX

Postby XxxBFGxxX » Tue Jun 09, 2009 13:32 pm

wow its been a busy day in fat club today.

Ditch Witch wrote:When you do, BFG, PM me and I'll add you as a friend so we can keep an eye on each other ;)

not a probem DW.

@Briarquest
if ya looking for larger size cloths mate try www.cottentrader.co.uk it does some dam good cloths and water proofs aswell. may help

@TimesLikeThese
You just need to do what feels best for you mate. dont worry what sort of mikes and times were doing chap, some ppl have prob been riding a littel longer like my self think i am coming up to 9 month ish now

@MAXlMUS
Hands numbing and sore wrists - Try changing your handle bar rips chaps and maybe wereing some padded gloves t worked for me. still get little tingles but no were near as bad.

ars* gets sore and numb - Could be the cloth you are wereing making you to hot andsore. the numbness i think is just the weight i tend to stand up and give me ars* a ittel shake from time to time to put some cerculation back.

Feet get pins and needles - i had this along with cramps in my feet turned out my shoes were to tight. also ya may need diffent shoes.

your all saying about weighing ya self. Do ya know when i have lst weight. coz my bloody cloths dnt fit. i have to pairs of jeans that i bough 9 month ago now i cant wear them cz they fall of my ars* and just look way to baggy lol. do ya think the chop will have them back and refund me . lol

Briarquest

Postby Briarquest » Tue Jun 09, 2009 14:01 pm

Hi,
Ian
Last edited by Briarquest on Tue May 31, 2011 13:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TimesLikeThese

Postby TimesLikeThese » Tue Jun 09, 2009 15:16 pm

XxxBFGxxX wrote: i tend to stand up and give me ars* a ittel shake from time to time to put some cerculation back.

ROFL - I'm just having visions of the Fat Club on tour together through a high street near you and every so often we get up and do our synchronised ars* waving routine!!! :lol:

@Ratty2k - cheers for the tip mate, I'll give it a shot.

XxxBFGxxX

Postby XxxBFGxxX » Tue Jun 09, 2009 15:19 pm

TimesLikeThese wrote:
XxxBFGxxX wrote: i tend to stand up and give me ars* a ittel shake from time to time to put some cerculation back.

ROFL - I'm just having visions of the Fat Club on tour together through a high street near you and every so often we get up and do our synchronised ars* waving routine!!! :lol:

@Ratty2k - cheers for the tip mate, I'll give it a shot.

somit like.

shake it baby shake it. lmfao

MAXlMUS

Postby MAXlMUS » Tue Jun 09, 2009 16:56 pm

If I was to stand up and give my ars* a wee wiggle I may well knock nearby HGVs off the roads in my local vicinity... :lol:

But seriously I agree and do the same.

Weighed myself today and only lost 2lbs...but do feel thinner and fitter!...I think i am gaining muscle (particularly my thighs) which would account for the slower weight loss. Mind you had 8 pints and a curry on Sunday....my bad :(

I seen a lot of good advice here....thanks guys!

Max

XxxBFGxxX

Postby XxxBFGxxX » Tue Jun 09, 2009 17:10 pm

8 pints and a curry that was aot what i had on fri night started with a bottle of voddy between 2. then sevrel pints i remember sambuca i think then hurling then keebab then hurling then waking up sunday morning. and yes all in that order.

after reeading what ppl are putting i think its time i realy start looking at my dieat more. i do tend to eat chocolate at times and my excuse for that is i will ride it of on the 20 mile i do each day. bt then if i ride it of nothing else comes of lol

MAXlMUS

Postby MAXlMUS » Tue Jun 09, 2009 17:25 pm

I used to eat enourmous amounts of food....I really have cut down since last week except for the Sunday blow out.

The plan is too eat smaller and more frequently through the day ..its the beer and wine that are my downfall :cry:

Max

RockyHopperShow

Postby RockyHopperShow » Tue Jun 09, 2009 17:32 pm

It's one of those weeks at work for me I'm afraid. Up at 03:45 and not getting home until nearly five 'clock in the evening- I am shattered. With having to go to bed at around 7:30 in the evening I have given the gym a miss but will have to go tomorrow come what may. On the plus side I have not done too badly on the calorie intake front and have eaten very healthily. I wonder what the scales at the gym will say, these being the ones I go by. I shall let you know. I am off for a couple of weeks soon so I shall be able to get some serious miles in hopefully.
Start Weight: 128 kilos (20.2 st) (April 17th 2009)
Current Weight:119 kilos (18.7 st) (June 18th 2009)
Target Weight: 92 kilos (14.5 st) (sometime mid-2010, hopefully sooner)

XxxBFGxxX

Postby XxxBFGxxX » Tue Jun 09, 2009 18:27 pm

i am gonna try and get up earl in the morning to do my ride to work instead of blagging a lift thenwe are fo for a 30 to 40 mile training ride for the london to brighton. by the way early means 4am for me

OwenCB

Postby OwenCB » Tue Jun 09, 2009 19:50 pm

Hey, hope you don't mind me joining in on this thread but I've just started dieting today.

I'm Owen, I'm 6'3" and currently sitting somewhere between 20 and 21 stones , I've no scales yet, but was weighed three weeks ago at 20 stone 8 pounds.

I've been biking again for around 18 months now after retiring from rugby and I've loved pretty much every minute of it, unfortunately these past 18 months I've been pretty poorly and my weight has shot up because of it. This time last year I weighed in at roughly 17 stones so it's been a rapid increase.

I need to lose the weight as I've got some gastric problems that will be eased if not cured by carrying less weight so it's in my best interest to get cracking on it. I was planning on getting out on the road as well both running and on the road bike I bought last week to supplement my off road stuff and build fitness levels, this hasn't happened unfortunately as I've managed to get tendonitis in my achilles and I can't pedal and can barely walk let alone run.

But I've got my motivation going and I'm hoping to get down to around 16 stone by the turn of the year.

Cheshley

Postby Cheshley » Tue Jun 09, 2009 20:54 pm

Good to have you here OwenCB, liking the avatar too, Hobbes is great!!!! :o)

MAXlMUS

Postby MAXlMUS » Tue Jun 09, 2009 21:07 pm

OwenCB ....Just to let you know it can be done m8!

Contrary to popular belief....weightwatchers is a very successful diet program , even for us fitness fanatics.

I followed it religiously for 10 months about 4 yrs ago and lost 5 and a half stone...the problem is maintaining it.

my 2 penneth worth

Max

bramstoker

Postby bramstoker » Tue Jun 09, 2009 21:15 pm

12 months ago yesterday i was 27 stone 2 lb, i do weight watchers, not the meetings but just counting the points. I gym most mornings and have been trying to do 15 or 20 miles a day on the bike which im really starting to enjoy. I also had my first XC session this weekend and loving that as well. Anyway as of yesterday i was 20 stone 2lb which im very pleased with and im still heading down :D

Cheshley

Postby Cheshley » Tue Jun 09, 2009 21:19 pm

bramstoker wrote:12 months ago yesterday i was 27 stone 2 lb, i do weight watchers, not the meetings but just counting the points. I gym most mornings and have been trying to do 15 or 20 miles a day on the bike which im really starting to enjoy. I also had my first XC session this weekend and loving that as well. Anyway as of yesterday i was 20 stone 2lb which im very pleased with and im still heading down :D

Muchos congrats, that's an impressive result :D

lovewales

Postby lovewales » Tue Jun 09, 2009 22:02 pm

Hi all I'm becks and and I'm a foodaholic :D

Anyhow reading some of the stories on here has encouraged me to get back on the wagon. I have always been on the large side but recently i have been growing :oops: My main aim is to get some bike gear that fits especially shorts as my current ones are going thread bare and they don't make them anymore.

Plus I'd really like to go into a bike shop and be treated seriously (when i went to get my current bike they tried to flog me a £150 'ladies bike'), everything changed once they realised what I was after and now they know me it's not so bad. Although I do get some very funny looks from some of the blokes when I'm down there.

Anyhow my main motivation is I want to know what it like to be a 'normal' size and also for my health, I have just been diagnosed with high cholesterol and I am at high risk of type 2 diabetes.

It would also be nice not to have to put up with comments from the kids at school.

Anyway deep breath, breathe slowly .... I know I can do it.... can't believe I'm typing this... oh well 118Kgs (18.6 stones) at 5'6", I lost 5 kilos 2 months ago but put it back on last month :oops: Current target is 100Kg it will then be readjusted

Briarquest

Postby Briarquest » Tue Jun 09, 2009 22:10 pm

Hi,
we Ian
Last edited by Briarquest on Tue May 31, 2011 13:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nicklouse
Lives Here

Postby nicklouse » Tue Jun 09, 2009 22:12 pm

Right just got on the scales. 5 kg more than the last time i was on them.

Lets make this a sticky and get it off.

:lol:
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Cheshley

Postby Cheshley » Tue Jun 09, 2009 22:22 pm

Briarquest wrote:Hi,
we should try and arrange a fat club cycle ride :)

Ian

quality idea

TimesLikeThese

Postby TimesLikeThese » Tue Jun 09, 2009 22:43 pm

Lol - the synchronised wiggling thought just wont go away!

I think I need to learn how to ride first tho'. Had my first 'Over the Handlebars Experience' at the weekend. As I flew through the air I awarded myself 10 points for a superb superman impersonation. Swiftly followed through with a graceful belly-flop manoeuver into the gravel. Fortunately the ample padding did its job and I jumped back on the bike, whistling away as if nothing had happened. :oops:

@bramstoker - cracking start there mate!

Briarquest

Postby Briarquest » Tue Jun 09, 2009 22:51 pm

Hi
Ian
Last edited by Briarquest on Tue May 31, 2011 13:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Health, Fitness & Training”