The truth about getting Fat.

Get fit for riding.
T.M.H.N.E.T

Re: The truth about getting Fat.

Postby T.M.H.N.E.T » Sat Jan 21, 2012 19:44 pm

orienteerstu55 wrote:Firstly NHS are WRONG based on seriusly floored literature that was manipulated to produce seriously wrong results. it got backed by the american heart association as the guy was on the panel who produced it and he was i think a doctor to the president of america, he pushed it to go public and everywhere followed. no research got funded that was too the contrary probably due to americas massive grain industry.

An unqualified student claiming the NHS are wrong. You sir are a genius and a comedian.

yeh their are two types of cholesterol LDL and HDL, one is good for ya and repairs the damage done by the other ( I'm very vague on this area but il get back to you on it in detail).
Please do.

If you are very interested i found a great you tube video that sums up the majority of what i want to say ( i know its not a valid source of info and its presented by a comedian but its based on sound research and will enlighten you if you stick with it).

I am enlightened already,although that may be the comedy value of this thread making me feel happier. Could also be the lovely carbs I consume.

icedently whilst i was trying to find the video i typed in eat fat and the response was loads of videos with people talking about eating fat to loose weight, it would seem the message is getting out their.

How many of those people can exercise for more than 30 mins? How many of them are athletic in any way? How many of them are happy?

video is called Big Fat Fiasco and there are 5 parts i beg of you to watch it last about an hour total so informative. please let me know what you think about it and if you have changed your mind at all. i won't mock you as your not the only ones.

Is this video the source of your information? I like how there is a video demo of a pipe getting clogged with fat in the first 2minutes. I change my mind and recommend high fat diets now,due to this alone.

Thank you. You are a font of wisdom worthy of knighthood.

ok i can't keep pace and i need to do uni work just watch the vid please and il constrict a more meaning full 'argument' for later when i can be bothered or i might just save my breath to blow my porridge with f you watch the video and it has no impact at all.

Thanks for your time

You can't keep pace? Is this due to lack of carbs,lack of knowledge or both?

kathg

Postby kathg » Sun Jan 22, 2012 18:15 pm

The OP is talking absolute rubbish re. nutrition for MTB ers anyway. I know this from personal experience having tried the much vaunted Atkins diet (high protein and fat, low to nil carb) quite a few years ago. Yes, weight loss was pretty impressive but it was utterly impossible to ride whilst doing this diet. I absolutely couldn't pedal uphill, felt ill, shaky, faint and ultimately REALLY unhealthy. Switched to a sensible low GI type eating regime and all was well. Really not impressed with a Sports Scientist spouting this stuff on a forum like this.

ollie51

Postby ollie51 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 19:03 pm

supersonic wrote:Out of interest, which uni are you at?

I too would like to know the answer to this question, I'll be doing UCAS forms before long...

DCR00

Postby DCR00 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 21:49 pm

is it a BA in Sports Science ? i.e. no science ?

springtide9

Postby springtide9 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 14:49 pm

DCR00 wrote:is it a BA in Sports Science ? i.e. no science ?

Still in shock from the OP's original post. I do hope he wasn't taught this info at university...it's shocking!

And those videos he mentioned, they are just those american scam videos targeted at extracting $20 out of overweight people.

Go on, meet (Vid) the experts....
http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/ ... e-experts/
Not the most athletic bunch of people you'll ever meet.

And this says it all ...

=====================
Trend Micro OfficeScan Event - URL Blocked

The URL that you are attempting to access is a potential security risk. Trend Micro OfficeScan has blocked this URL in keeping with network security policy.
URL: http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/ ... co-speech/
Risk Level: Dangerous
Details: Verified fraud page or threat source
=====================

The website is blocked by my virus scanner LOL
Simon

styxd

Postby styxd » Mon Jan 23, 2012 15:32 pm

I think what he's try to say is technically correct, he just cant put it into words properly. I've read similar theories loads of times before. Check out "the four hour body" "marks daily apple" and "paleo diet"

Although obviously if you are a serious cyclist cycling hundreds of miles per week, it doesnt really matter, you need to eat plenty of carbs.

nicklouse
Lives Here

Postby nicklouse » Mon Jan 23, 2012 15:53 pm

I know. ;)
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

T.M.H.N.E.T

Postby T.M.H.N.E.T » Mon Jan 23, 2012 16:01 pm

styxd wrote:I think what he's try to say is technically correct, he just cant put it into words properly. I've read similar theories loads of times before. Check out "the four hour body" "marks daily apple" and "paleo diet"

Although obviously if you are a serious cyclist cycling hundreds of miles per week, it doesnt really matter, you need to eat plenty of carbs.

The paleo diet is nothing like high fat low carb. Caught - Hunted - foraged

Mark Sissons: Don't get me started. But I will ask http://primalblueprint.com/categories/S ... pplements/ Why? Why is his store full of expensive supplements? I await response.

http://youtu.be/Nq7qIbZ1TkQ
http://youtu.be/xq2iwNsN7rA
http://youtu.be/ZYD90RXF3kw
http://youtu.be/GcLnG6eWHE4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... BbA#t=488s
Others
http://youtu.be/o3Z3swvXmEc

The OP made it very clear that

Fruit is the devil
Fried breakfasts are good
Doesn't understand something simple like cooking an egg
That he hasn't got a clue
The education system fails
He has absolutely no evidence to support his claims that on a cycling forum,where there are even world champions posting regularly. That high fat low carb diets are indeed beneficial to the target audience.

The OP has also failed to answer a simple question which was
name 1 high fat low carb professional athlete

Don't defend his stupidity,it may well be contagious.

Fatamorgana

Postby Fatamorgana » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:04 am

What amazes me is that if you know you have a problem, and in this case we're told it's dyslexia, then surely to goodness you'd have switched on very early on in your life that the ONLY way forward is to type everything into some other software, as I am doing, be it Word or even Outlook. Copy / paste is the way forward for you sun-shine!

It's very difficult to take you at all seriously on any front, especially in light of the fact that you're trying to educate us as a supposed degree student when you type like my 12 year old.

I'm sorry - but I do not believe you, the work and the way you express your information is so poorly managed and explained with no references with so many gaping holes it's little wonder the replies shoot you down in flames. I just love the idea of watching some Youtube videos to gain my degree.

One thing you've now discovered that not everyone here is still in year 6 and that many have a very through grounding and working knowledge of your chosen subject.

What a joker! No way is he even A level material. Shame as it completely invalidates the entire post and 100% of his comments.

Can imagine him in court as a professional witness? I'd love to see the cross examination!

T.M.H.N.E.T

Postby T.M.H.N.E.T » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:04 pm

Fatamorgana wrote:Can imagine him in court as a professional witness? I'd love to see the cross examination!

Would love to be in the gallery for that.

Noel PT

Postby Noel PT » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:33 am

Holy crap, tested to destruction! :lol:

This is a prime example of book smart....or not as the case may be.

Ghostt

Postby Ghostt » Wed Feb 08, 2012 16:32 pm

Oh dear, that's not gone well has it?

The simple fact of the matter is, it really doesn't matter where and what the calories come from (or even how it's cooked) if the total amount of calories consumed are greater than those used, you will get fat. End of.
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T.S. Eliot

mcnultycop

Postby mcnultycop » Tue Feb 14, 2012 00:11 am

I've enjoyed this thread.

cajun_cyclist

Postby cajun_cyclist » Sat Feb 18, 2012 16:22 pm

Glycaemic Index, Blood Sugar rates and levels, these are concepts I am trying to understand. Fortunately, I am not diabetic and I would like to think I'm not heavy but these concepts apply to cycling and exercise as well.

Per this statement.

so you could eat a diet of egg bacon sausage and veg and be a lot heathier than some one who ate, bread, pasta and fruit by the bucket load.

I believe this is about eating protein vs. eating pasta, breads and the OP probably meant your white refined breads and pasta which somehow seems to be related to sugar intake again. I think I recognise some of the points the OP was making but did not defend fully.

But I would limit the egg amount, 1 a day, maybe 2, the rest being egg white, good protein.

Angry Bird

Postby Angry Bird » Sat Feb 18, 2012 17:04 pm

This.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Postby T.M.H.N.E.T » Sat Feb 18, 2012 17:12 pm

cajun_cyclist wrote:Glycaemic Index, Blood Sugar rates and levels, these are concepts I am trying to understand. Fortunately, I am not diabetic and I would like to think I'm not heavy but these concepts apply to cycling and exercise as well.

Per this statement.

so you could eat a diet of egg bacon sausage and veg and be a lot heathier than some one who ate, bread, pasta and fruit by the bucket load.

I believe this is about eating protein vs. eating pasta, breads and the OP probably meant your white refined breads and pasta which somehow seems to be related to sugar intake again. I think I recognise some of the points the OP was making but did not defend fully.

But I would limit the egg amount, 1 a day, maybe 2, the rest being egg white, good protein.

There is no need to limit eggs unless they are fried of course.

And why just egg whites? That's like buying a Ferarrai and throwing the engine away.

cajun_cyclist

Postby cajun_cyclist » Sat Feb 18, 2012 17:20 pm

T.M.H.N.E.T wrote:
cajun_cyclist wrote:Glycaemic Index, Blood Sugar rates and levels, these are concepts I am trying to understand. Fortunately, I am not diabetic and I would like to think I'm not heavy but these concepts apply to cycling and exercise as well.

Per this statement.

There is no need to limit eggs unless they are fried of course.

And why just egg whites? That's like buying a Ferarrai and throwing the engine away.

Per the original poster, I would not eat the bacon or sausage, at least in large amounts and probably not more than once a week. The original poster is trying to say something but needs to examine the topic more.

As for egg yokes, another post in this thread refers to "high cholesterol", now this is a debatable topic as there exist those who say this is not a danger. Some might say it is healthy cholesterol. Until I know better I would limit my intake.

The post I was referring to said we get 70% of our daily cholesterol from one egg yoke. It must be on page 1 of this thread. Ah, by Northern Monkey:

I look forward to the NHS advert advocating the greasy fry up instead of a pasta dish.

1 large fried egg has around 70% of your daily advised cholesterol intake...

I think the OP I am saying again, was trying to make some points but was not stating it the correct way.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Postby T.M.H.N.E.T » Sat Feb 18, 2012 17:26 pm

Eggs make no real impression on cholesterol levels as was assumed when food science wasn't as scientific. The bigger problem is saturated fat so there is no reason to stop eating eggs unless a professional (dietician/GP) specifically instructs you to.Eggs can be part of a problem but often not the problem,the internet regurgitates the eggs are bad mantra all too often.

An eater of 25+ eggs per week.

Angry Bird

Postby Angry Bird » Sat Feb 18, 2012 17:29 pm

I wouldn't want to eat that many eggs. I don't like eggs.

cajun_cyclist

Postby cajun_cyclist » Sat Feb 18, 2012 17:57 pm

Angry Bird wrote:I wouldn't want to eat that many eggs. I don't like eggs.

I've experienced it definitely from both ways, at times, I loved eggs and at times, I've pushed them away. I believe egg whites and this is not to put down the yoke part but by themselves, egg whites are the perfect protein because it has all of the amino acids http://www.eggwhitesint.com/healthfacts.htm (these people are making a pitch for liquid egg whites) , available is egg white protein powder which in some unflavoured brands is rather inexpensive but they would foam up to an unbelievable extent. Foams up as if you were making a lemon meringue pie. Do regular egg whites taste bad by themselves? Well, maybe. They can be flavoured but if I can take the basics, I'll do that.

At this point though, I would not be too alarmed to eat the yoke as well. Internet or from where ever, there is a lot of conflicting information about.

(edited: grammar changed)
Last edited by cajun_cyclist on Sat Feb 18, 2012 18:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Health, Fitness & Training”