Lunch other than McDonalds

Get fit for riding.
oodboo

Re: Lunch other than McDonalds

Postby oodboo » Fri Jul 13, 2012 16:49 pm

Stu Coops wrote:"no time to make a sandwich" what B*****Ks

It's not just time, there's a whole other issue of disorganisation going on. Can't make a sandwich when there's no bread or any sort of filling in the cupboards. When there is stuff to make a sandwich then I will, but those times are few and far between at the moment. This is something we're working on and don't need your advice on.
I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava

T.M.H.N.E.T

Postby T.M.H.N.E.T » Fri Jul 13, 2012 18:02 pm

oodboo wrote:
Stu Coops wrote:"no time to make a sandwich" what B*****Ks

It's not just time, there's a whole other issue of disorganisation going on. Can't make a sandwich when there's no bread or any sort of filling in the cupboards. When there is stuff to make a sandwich then I will, but those times are few and far between at the moment. This is something we're working on and don't need your advice on.

You don't appear to need any advice at all since you're clearly happy stuffing yourself with McD's.

oodboo

Postby oodboo » Fri Jul 13, 2012 18:16 pm

T.M.H.N.E.T wrote:You don't appear to need any advice at all since you're clearly happy stuffing yourself with McD's.

I think you've missed the point, I started this topic because I'm not happy stuffing myself with McD's and wanted alternate suggestions that aren't just take you're own food. Instead everyone seems to have made it about why I can't/don't want to take my own food.
I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava

T.M.H.N.E.T

Postby T.M.H.N.E.T » Fri Jul 13, 2012 18:35 pm

oodboo wrote:
T.M.H.N.E.T wrote:You don't appear to need any advice at all since you're clearly happy stuffing yourself with McD's.

I think you've missed the point, I started this topic because I'm not happy stuffing myself with McD's and wanted alternate suggestions that aren't just take you're own food.

You know what to do

Instead everyone seems to have made it about why I can't/don't want to take my own food.

No you did

Maybe it's often not as straight forward for me as it is for other parents but getting up and out in time for work is a challenge. Fitting in time to make some lunch isn't an option (without getting out of bed even earlier). And as I said I'm not organised enough to get my lunch ready the night before. I was asking for suggestions of what I can get while I'm out.

What is wrong with buying sandwiches somewhere? I'm sure that McD's isn't the only business handy

Bartimaeus

Postby Bartimaeus » Fri Jul 13, 2012 19:22 pm

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
"That, more or less, is the short answer to the supposedly incredibly complicated and confusing question of what we humans should eat in order to be maximally healthy."

"Once, food was all you could eat, but today there are lots of other edible foodlike substances in the supermarket... a health claim on a food product is a good indication that it’s not really food, and food is what you want to eat."

jakjtb

Postby jakjtb » Fri Jul 13, 2012 19:52 pm

Co-ops are everywhere dude. Just jib in and get a sandwhich, pack of crisps or banana and a bottle of o-j or something. As well as this being just as filling as mikky d's it costs about half the price of mikky d's. Also easy stuff to make such as poached eggs and brown toast. Other than that it might just be a case of getting up 5 mins earlier to make something etc.
i find that if you just talk, your mouth comes out with stuff - Karl Pilkington

YeehaaMcgee

Postby YeehaaMcgee » Fri Jul 13, 2012 19:59 pm

I had to do a double take there. Just had a brainfart where I unknowingly read that in the wrong language - "plant" is the Welsh word for "children".
For a few seconds I thought you were promoting cannibalism :lol:

ste_t

Postby ste_t » Sat Jul 14, 2012 16:31 pm

If you remove the time you spend waiting in the queue in McDonalds and use it to haul your excuse ridden ars* out of bed 2 minutes earlier, you magically have time to make a sandwich.

Don't eat a mars bar, eat a banana.

Instead of going the chippy, make a salad.

It isn't rocket science, sort yourself out.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Postby T.M.H.N.E.T » Sat Jul 14, 2012 16:33 pm

ste_t wrote:If you remove the time you spend waiting in the queue in McDonalds and use it to haul your excuse ridden ars* out of bed 2 minutes earlier, you magically have time to make a sandwich.

Don't eat a mars bar, eat a banana.

Instead of going the chippy, make a salad.

It isn't rocket science, sort yourself out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wanted to post this :cry:

slowsider

Postby slowsider » Sat Jul 14, 2012 16:53 pm

oodboo wrote:
Getting kids ready in the morning means there's no time to make a sandwich before I leave the house and being disorganised means there's no chance of me getting my lunch ready the night before. So at lunch time I can get to Morrisons, Asda, McDonalds, KFC, chip shops and sandwich shops. What do you guy reckon my best options are?

Thanks

Ignore the sanctimonious twats on here preaching about what your lifestyle should be, there has been some reasonable advice.

Reduce portion size, make more of what you eat fruit and veg (easy to source from supermarkets) and drink more water.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Postby T.M.H.N.E.T » Sat Jul 14, 2012 17:01 pm

slowsider wrote:
oodboo wrote:
Getting kids ready in the morning means there's no time to make a sandwich before I leave the house and being disorganised means there's no chance of me getting my lunch ready the night before. So at lunch time I can get to Morrisons, Asda, McDonalds, KFC, chip shops and sandwich shops. What do you guy reckon my best options are?

Thanks

Ignore the sanctimonious twats on here preaching about what your lifestyle should be, there has been some reasonable advice.

Reduce portion size, make more of what you eat fruit and veg (easy to source from supermarkets) and drink more water.

You need to go back to the start of the thread. The OP doesn't eat enough - skips meals - and when he does eat it's crap.

He clearly doesn't want to make time to shop for fresh ingredients,and even if he did. He doesn't want to make time to use them.

ste_t

Postby ste_t » Sat Jul 14, 2012 17:28 pm

slowsider wrote:
oodboo wrote:

Thanks

Was that your attempt at giving 'reasonable advice'? Utterly pointless, but bravo for criticising everyone else who, in the vast majority, have made perfectly valid points.

oodboo wrote:

I think you've missed the point, I started this topic because I'm not happy stuffing myself with McD's and wanted alternate suggestions that aren't just take you're own food. Instead everyone seems to have made it about why I can't/don't want to take my own food.

Makes sense. Disregard the best solution for being too much effort.

You simply MUST break the eating habits that you have at present and make the effort to cut out the massive amount of fat laden junk food and replace it with fruit/veg/lean protein. The most effective way to do this is to prepare it yourself and ensure that there is no junk food too hand. Once you start doing this your energy levels will increase dramatically, particularly first thing in the morning - thus leaving you enough time to prepare food to last you through the day. You keep the chippy/Maccys as treats, not a way of life.

slowsider

Postby slowsider » Sun Jul 15, 2012 20:08 pm

ste_t wrote:
slowsider wrote:
oodboo wrote:

Thanks

Was that your attempt at giving 'reasonable advice'? Utterly pointless, but bravo for criticising everyone else who, in the vast majority, have made perfectly valid points.

oodboo wrote:

Makes sense. Disregard the best solution for being too much effort.

You simply MUST break the eating habits that you have at present and make the effort to cut out the massive amount of fat laden junk food and replace it with fruit/veg/lean protein. The most effective way to do this is to prepare it yourself and ensure that there is no junk food too hand. Once you start doing this your energy levels will increase dramatically, particularly first thing in the morning - thus leaving you enough time to prepare food to last you through the day. You keep the chippy/Maccys as treats, not a way of life.

Another sanctimonious fool :roll:

Read my post. Slowly.
It says that there has been some reasonable advice.
My suggestions was to cut down junk and eat more fruit and veg, you think that's 'utterly pointless' but you then go on to give the same advice.

The OP evidently has issues with home life - take that at face value and don't minimise the fact, or patronise the OP saying that they are not prepared to make the effort. The question that was asked was what to eat out that is healthier than McDonalds, and you and several others are telling the OP that he shouldn't be asking that question. :? Is that a perfectly valid point?

It's possible to buy healthier options from the outlets that were listed as being within reach for the OP at lunchtime.

DCR00

Postby DCR00 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 20:20 pm

i think the point being made was that there is a better alternative to eating out at lunchtime, which presents a danger of eating crap

if you prep your food at home, either the night before or in the morning, then you are far less likely to eat crap

at the start of this thread several people suggested prepping food at home to take with him, which he claims is too hard due to disorganisation and having kids.

Plenty of people have kids and have enough time to make their lunch for the next day.

the OP wants us to say "Maccy D's is fine mate, just have one of their salads instead", but instead he got some proper advice, which wasn't what he wanted to hear

the other reality of this forum is that if you ask for advice, you get it. Wont necessarily be what you want to hear tho...

DCR00

Postby DCR00 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 20:23 pm

slowsider wrote:The OP evidently has issues with home life - take that at face value and don't minimise the fact, or patronise the OP saying that they are not prepared to make the effort.

I'm sorry but how do you come to this conclusion ? "issues with home life" ?

the guy is disorganised/lazy at worst

T.M.H.N.E.T

Postby T.M.H.N.E.T » Mon Jul 16, 2012 07:23 am

DCR00 wrote:i think the point being made was that there is a better alternative to eating out at lunchtime, which presents a danger of eating crap

if you prep your food at home, either the night before or in the morning, then you are far less likely to eat crap

at the start of this thread several people suggested prepping food at home to take with him, which he claims is too hard due to disorganisation and having kids.

Plenty of people have kids and have enough time to make their lunch for the next day.

the OP wants us to say "Maccy D's is fine mate, just have one of their salads instead", but instead he got some proper advice, which wasn't what he wanted to hear

the other reality of this forum is that if you ask for advice, you get it. Wont necessarily be what you want to hear tho...

When it comes to diet and nutrition there is only one type of advice to give - the correct advice whether the receiver likes it or not.

slowsider

Postby slowsider » Mon Jul 16, 2012 09:12 am

DCR00 wrote:the OP wants us to say "Maccy D's is fine mate, just have one of their salads instead", but instead he got some proper advice, which wasn't what he wanted to hear

except that the first post includes
oodboo wrote: So yes, my diet sucks. I reckon if I can fix my lunch time routine and stop eating crap then I'll lose some weight. So my question is what should I eat?
So at lunch time I can get to Morrisons, Asda, McDonalds, KFC, chip shops and sandwich shops. What do you guy reckon my best options are?

So the 'proper advice' was not an answer to the question.

As for:
DCR00 wrote:I'm sorry but how do you come to this conclusion ? "issues with home life" ?
the guy is disorganised/lazy at worst

you know as much as I do about the OP, but you make a snap judgement. Going by the statements made, it's just possible that

oodboo wrote:It's not just time, there's a whole other issue of disorganisation going on. Can't make a sandwich when there's no bread or any sort of filling in the cupboards. When there is stuff to make a sandwich then I will, but those times are few and far between at the moment. This is something we're working on and don't need your advice on.

indicates something on a level we aren't aware of. Give the benefit of the doubt, in my case.

Chunkers1980

Postby Chunkers1980 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:09 am

slowsider - what point are you trying to make?

mintedox

Postby mintedox » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:40 pm

Instead of McD's go to a supermarket and spend the same amount of money on some cooked ribs or chicken, and some pasta.
Papa? Nicole

T.M.H.N.E.T

Postby T.M.H.N.E.T » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:42 pm

Chunkers1980 wrote:slowsider - what point are you trying to make?

He's trying to appear intelligent and failing hard.

Return to “Health, Fitness & Training”