Amonia smell in nose after a training ride ??

Get fit for riding.
70\'sPenguin

Amonia smell in nose after a training ride ??

Postby 70\'sPenguin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 15:21 pm

I am literally 10 mins back form a 40 min training ride and once again i get a faint to strong quick whiff of amonia when i breathe in through my nose! This has happened on numerous occasions but i always thought i had caught a whiff of something in the house.

Its not coming from body odour, so does anyone have any ideas? Anyone else ever get this?

and no i havent pissed myself......yet

70\'sPenguin

Re: Amonia smell in nose after a training ride ??

Postby 70\'sPenguin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 16:02 pm

Thanks for the link. Very interesting. However my sweat doesnt smell, its just a smell i get in the inside of my nose! Well weird! I shall, however, endeavor to have a few more carbs before i go out and see if it helps.

Thanks

GrenW

Postby GrenW » Wed Oct 17, 2012 16:11 pm

Used to get that (the sweat smell not the nose) when I ran a lot. Never had it cycling - think it's down to the old Camelbak. I could never carry anything when running.

Surely it must be related though.

YeehaaMcgee

Postby YeehaaMcgee » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:21 am

70\'sPenguin wrote:Thanks for the link. Very interesting. However my sweat doesnt smell, its just a smell i get in the inside of my nose! Well weird! I shall, however, endeavor to have a few more carbs before i go out and see if it helps.

Thanks

It could well be some of your gear as well. My ageing camelbak absolutely reeks when i've been out riding with it, but the smell subsides after a while, and more or less vanishes after two days.

Woodmonkey

Postby Woodmonkey » Mon Oct 22, 2012 19:28 pm

I've noticed this, I thought it was the mud round here,!!

Return to “Health, Fitness & Training”