MTB Fitness & DH skill training

Get fit for riding.
Andykerr

MTB Fitness & DH skill training

Postby Andykerr » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:10 pm

All right guys I am starting training to become more skilled and fitter MTBR. I am going to start by going up around Rivington moor and Darwen tower, I'm going to put as much climbing and as much downhill in as I can. So anyone want come along feel free to join. Going to start next weekend not sure what day are time but I will put further details on this forum, I'm open to advice are tips. I'm certainly not the fittest of bike riders just thought it would be a good idea to see if anyone wanted to achieve the same goal.

DodgeT

Re: MTB Fitness & DH skill training

Postby DodgeT » Tue Jan 22, 2013 21:20 pm

Funnily enough, after doing my first dh racers guild in december, I realised I really need to up my fitness. Been to a spinning class tonight, been meaning to for ages and so glad I did, 45 minutes of thrashing it none stop, my legs were killing on the way to the car.. do this for a while should really help. No mud aswell which is a bonus.

I'm not far from rivvy, so will tag along at some point.

Andykerr

Postby Andykerr » Wed Jan 23, 2013 20:52 pm

Thats a good idea was thinking of doing running also. I think I am going up rivvy this sataday if you want come along pal be early morning start about 9ish 10.

Andykerr

Postby Andykerr » Fri Jan 25, 2013 17:00 pm

saturday going to attempt to get up to rivington lower barn for 6.30am out for 3hrs, if the roads are bad due to snow then im just going through haigh hall. I will post on forum if do not go.

DodgeT

Postby DodgeT » Fri Jan 25, 2013 21:44 pm

Have you not looked out the window lately??? Be a snowman or 2 popping up soon i'm sure :)

Andykerr

Postby Andykerr » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:37 am

:D I know but I cant resist a challenge only manage get through Haigh Hall was knackered

Return to “Health, Fitness & Training”