Bruises

Get fit for riding.
mudface

Postby mudface » Wed Jun 06, 2007 14:03 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hamish</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mudface</i>

*awaits medically trained person to tell me this is ALL wrong
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Arnica = ********

Healing power of the mind = not really proven but if it helps you then why not?

Healthy diet and lifestyle = a good start

If you bruise an awful lot then it's a good idea to see your GP for a FBC check to make sure you've got enough platelets and no leukaemia type stuff. Also avoid taking aspirin as a painkiller as it makes you bruise more by inhibiting platelet aggregation.

--

<i>"Hamish, that is one of the most sensible posts i've read on this forum!" - Futureboy 21/05/2007 06:31:46 </i>

<font size="1"><b>Some of my biking photos</b></font id="size1"> <font size="1"><font color="black"><b>flickr </b>- <b>The Flying Pie</b></font id="black"></font id="size1"> <font color="red"><font size="1"><b>my bike</b></font id="size1"></font id="red">

i have found that witch hazel works really well too, which will irritate you, as i suppose that's a placebo too.

i've had a few sprains and lots of bruising. when i stick witch hazel on it within a couple of hours, the bruising comes out much quicker, swelling goes down super-fast and it heals noticably more quickly.

so if it's not the power of the mind, or what i'm putting on it, then what is at work here? there is a noticable difference in healing times for me and plenty of other people i know who use it. if it didn't work in some way, then no one would bother.

saz

Postby saz » Wed Jun 06, 2007 14:12 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mudface</i>
i stick witch hazel on it
What do you stick her on with? Gaffer tape? And doesn't her broomstick get caught in your spokes?[:D]

<center><font color="violet"><b>ME AND MY BIKE</b></font id="violet"></center>

mudface

Postby mudface » Wed Jun 06, 2007 14:14 pm

i stick her on with the glue i make from saz bones...

mwah hahaha ha ha HA!

mudface

Postby mudface » Wed Jun 06, 2007 14:58 pm

lol yes i often grind people's bones up to make glue in a serious manner. i get the feeling you don't like me very much, caz.

mudface

Postby mudface » Wed Jun 06, 2007 15:14 pm

is that winky because you're joking about being male?

guilliano

Postby guilliano » Wed Jun 06, 2007 15:15 pm

Fozz only knows one sort of friction, but he found baby oil got rid of that problem

http://www.flickr.com/photos/guilliano/

guilliano

Postby guilliano » Wed Jun 06, 2007 15:42 pm

He offers them a ride home on his handlebars and they run away

http://www.flickr.com/photos/guilliano/

mudface

Postby mudface » Wed Jun 06, 2007 15:45 pm

i used to get a ride home from the pub on someone's handlebars a few years back.

it's quite amusing and usually ends in scrambling out of someone's privet hedge.

hmm i wonder where those bruises come from...

Return to “Health, Fitness & Training”