No more cakes

Get fit for riding.
gary_fisher3

No more cakes

Postby gary_fisher3 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 17:19 pm

I'm going to try and get back into shape. I've got a massive belly and none of my clothes fit me anymore. I'm giving up chocolate and as soon as my leg heals i'm starting swimming in the mornings again.

I've also arranged to have a Tuesday and a Thursday off work in return for working some of my holidays. So I will be out for a good ride at least 3 - 4 times a week.

What sort of time do you think I should aim to ride for each day?

streako

Postby streako » Thu Jun 14, 2007 17:29 pm

It is hard to keep disciplined if you have to work, or have a family.

My fitness and healthy eating plan has gone down the pan after having a cold and also an extremely busy and tiring period at work.

Try to aim for at least an hour every time, maybe two. And push yourself.

<font size="1"> Streako </font id="size1">
<font size="1"> Streakos Hardtail</font id="size1">
<font size="1"> Streakos Full Susser </font id="size1">

gary_fisher3

Postby gary_fisher3 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 17:42 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">ry to aim for at least an hour every time, maybe two. And push yourself.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Oh right, thats intresting. Short quick rides.

Should I ride hard for the whole hour or do short 5/10 min intervals for an hour?

I was thinking more along the lines of getting up really early, riding for 3 / 6 hours then getting back for dinner.

trio25

Postby trio25 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 19:55 pm

Giving up cakes gf3, I could never do that.

I've found since I started cycling to work everyday last september my fitness has improved. It means I always do something as it's my main method of transport, I'm not just going to stay at work all night because I can't be bothered cycling.

gary_fisher3

Postby gary_fisher3 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 20:01 pm

Sadly I only live 3 miles away. But I do often take the long way into work if I get up early enough.

I'm trying to build up fitness for our local sportive
http://www.legbreaker.co.uk/rideinfo.htm

I couldn't of gone much slower last year. Mind you I did have a broken toe!

Are you going to join us this year Trio?

saz

Postby saz » Thu Jun 14, 2007 21:55 pm

Dont give up chocolate!!! Thats like giving up.......happiness!! Just buy really really nice chocolate and eat less of it.[:)] Stick to low GI foods too.

<center><font color="violet"><b>ME AND MY BIKE</b></font id="violet"></center>

corrie

Postby corrie » Thu Jun 14, 2007 23:02 pm

Don't be silly man. Give up chocolate[V]

Just cycle a bit more abd eat a little less

Mmmmmmm Muffins......

NUFC
TyMBR
My bike
My album

buddha

Postby buddha » Thu Jun 14, 2007 23:11 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by saz</i>
Stick to low GI foods too.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
What's a low GI food that is filling, reasonably nutritious, and suitable for a veggie?
In other words, what can I use 'replace' things like bread, pasta(?) etc

<center><font size="1"><font color="navy">Lardy</font id="navy"><font color="blue"> | </font id="blue"><font color="navy">Madame de Pompadour</font id="navy"></font id="size1"></center>

naz-t

Postby naz-t » Fri Jun 15, 2007 05:47 am

dont diet! lifestyle change, eat healthy all the time with the occasional treat to reward yourself no need to be monastic but diets are a pendulum of loose gain and dont work, renember more muscle means you can burn more fat just sitting on yo ass! so build some muscle eat more healthy simple lol

good luck

Aux1

Postby Aux1 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 08:10 am

I wasn't in shape, but a month of doing 22km each day on commuting made me fit to take on an 800m bike climb without problems. I've tightened my belt for 2 notches, and my other pants are always sliding down so I have to pull them up lol. Also, my legs are now freaking hard with bulging muscles... I wish I had arms like that too! [:D] And I can wear my tight shirts again [:p]

P.s. I eat the same stuff as before, even more, but I avoid junk food, chips etc.
Diets suck, you gotta go out there, do some work, break some sweat, move...

-----------------
<font size="1">To clip or not to clip, that is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind of men to suffer the dings and contusions of unclipp'd riding, or to bind thy feet against a sea of gnarly singletrack and by these contraptions, ride o'er them with ease. To clip... to slip no more, and by clipping to end the buttache and the thousand natural shocks that ryders are heir to; tis a consummation devoutly to be honed. No clip - to slip perchance to be thrashed most heinously...</font id="size1">

KTM Ultra Flite 2007

buddha

Postby buddha » Fri Jun 15, 2007 08:40 am

I think chips are my downfall ...

... and crisps, cakes, biscuits, chocolate, ice cream etc.

<center><font size="1"><font color="navy">Lardy</font id="navy"><font color="blue"> | </font id="blue"><font color="navy">Madame de Pompadour</font id="navy"></font id="size1"></center>

Aux1

Postby Aux1 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 09:07 am

Lol... I think I can afford to eat a ton of that stuff like once a month, because I work out all the rest of the time! So every first in the month, it's the kebab time [:p][:D]

-----------------
<font size="1">To clip or not to clip, that is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind of men to suffer the dings and contusions of unclipp'd riding, or to bind thy feet against a sea of gnarly singletrack and by these contraptions, ride o'er them with ease. To clip... to slip no more, and by clipping to end the buttache and the thousand natural shocks that ryders are heir to; tis a consummation devoutly to be honed. No clip - to slip perchance to be thrashed most heinously...</font id="size1">

KTM Ultra Flite 2007

saz

Postby saz » Fri Jun 15, 2007 09:49 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by buddha</i>

In other words, what can I use 'replace' things like bread, pasta(?) etc

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Wholemeal bread, brown rice, oats, wholemeal pasta, sweet potatos.

I agree with Cazz, it is BLOODY hard to get below your bodys natural weight and keep it off AND have energy too.
( But if I had an hourglass figure like Cazz, I wouldn't bother either!)
<center><font color="violet"><b>ME AND MY BIKE</b></font id="violet"></center>

Return to “Health, Fitness & Training”