Cavendish fall from style

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
disgruntledgoat

Re: Cavendish fall from style

Postby disgruntledgoat » Thu Feb 07, 2013 15:30 pm

I got a pair of last years (pre Belgian flag issue) Gilbert-style DMTs and the dial is my least favorite bit of them, I wasn't so bothered until I put overshoes on them and saw how much it sticks out.
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Above The Cows

Postby Above The Cows » Thu Feb 07, 2013 15:41 pm

disgruntledgoat wrote:I got a pair of last years (pre Belgian flag issue) Gilbert-style DMTs and the dial is my least favorite bit of them, I wasn't so bothered until I put overshoes on them and saw how much it sticks out.

A good point and one not solely related to style but also practicality. The adjustable buckle on my shoes sticks out so far that it is very hard to get overshoes off when you get home and your hands are cold, you're getting progressively colder as the wet sweat kicks in and your sugar levels are low. Additionally you are having to try and take them off in the tiny drafty hallway of your flat because you cannot carry your bike up three flights of incredibly steep Dutch stairs with your cleats on. Well you can but the last time you did it you nearly killed yourself when you got tangled up with your neighbours dog. All in all I have been known to get a little 'emotional' with my overshoes. :cry:
Correlation is not causation.

"He's not the new Merckx, he's just a very talented cyclist!"

ddraver

Postby ddraver » Thu Feb 07, 2013 16:02 pm

Above The Cows wrote:
disgruntledgoat wrote: because you cannot carry your bike up three flights of incredibly steep Dutch stairs with your cleats on. Well you can but the last time you did it you nearly killed yourself when you got tangled up with your neighbours dog. All in all I have been known to get a little 'emotional' with my overshoes. :cry:

Hah! I know exactly what you mean! I ve broken 2 cleats doing that and I'm only on the first floor!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

pat1cp

Postby pat1cp » Thu Feb 07, 2013 19:59 pm

Sorry Frenchie, you're right. I apologise. :oops:

I was having a rubbish day at work, my 18 month old daughter has got a really bad eye infection, screaming temperature and has been crying for three days pretty much non-stop. But my wife managed to smuggle her through the nursery door this morning because she had an important meeting to attend.

My five year old son was stranded at school, but he enjoys the outdoors, it's ok........

But at the end of the day, you're right, "Cavendish fall from Style"! (Is that English with a French cyber accent?)

But, I'm also really pleased that you're impressed with his new white socks, they look ace......

ratsbeyfus

Postby ratsbeyfus » Thu Feb 07, 2013 20:30 pm

greentea wrote:
ALIHISGREAT wrote:Image

Why do i always think of Fred West when i look at Cav?

Me too. See Page 10 of this:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12685043&hilit=pro+look+alikes&start=180
----------------------------------------------------------------

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey

frenchfighter

Postby frenchfighter » Thu Feb 07, 2013 20:57 pm

pat1cp wrote:Sorry Frenchie, you're right. I apologise. :oops:

I was having a rubbish day at work, my 18 month old daughter has got a really bad eye infection, screaming temperature and has been crying for three days pretty much non-stop. But my wife managed to smuggle her through the nursery door this morning because she had an important meeting to attend.

My five year old son was stranded at school, but he enjoys the outdoors, it's ok........

But at the end of the day, you're right, "Cavendish fall from Style"! (Is that English with a French cyber accent?)

But, I'm also really pleased that you're impressed with his new white socks, they look ace......

I hope you are not being sarcastic! There is nothing personal, I just happened to be a bit tetchy at that point. I hope all is well soon with you and yours soon.
Contador is the Greatest

pat1cp

Postby pat1cp » Thu Feb 07, 2013 21:12 pm

frenchfighter wrote:
pat1cp wrote:Sorry Frenchie, you're right. I apologise. :oops:

I hope you are not being sarcastic! There is nothing personal, I just happened to be a bit tetchy at that point. I hope all is well soon with you and yours soon.

Facts are as stated, but there was a little sarcasm. :cry:

Squaggles

Postby Squaggles » Thu Feb 07, 2013 21:27 pm

Keep up the good work FF , if you don't want people to admire your legs then don't post a pic :wink:

Macaloon

Postby Macaloon » Sun Feb 17, 2013 15:54 pm

...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.

Return to “Pro Race”