F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
User avatar
Graeme_S
Posts: 3096
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 17:21 pm

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby Graeme_S » Wed Jul 18, 2012 09:55 am

The other thing I don't understand is after the whole Kolobnev thing last year, why don't the UCI just change their rules to say results of the A sample are announced, and at that point riders are immediately suspended from all competition pending further investigation. That's what they effectively do at the moment anyway, but the rules contradict that.

User avatar
Graeme_S
Posts: 3096
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 17:21 pm

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby Graeme_S » Wed Jul 18, 2012 09:56 am

disgruntledgoat wrote:This poisoning story is utter nonsense.

Nobody bought it for Pantani and nobod bought it for Contador.

Look at the precedent though, it's clearly the heavyweight doping excuse of a True Champion :mrgreen:

step-hent
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby step-hent » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:17 am

disgruntledgoat wrote:This poisoning story is utter nonsense.

Nobody bought it for Pantani and nobod bought it for Contador.


Well, yes. But it's so much more interesting to think that one of Becca's minions spiked his food so as not to pay his wages than it is to think that a farmer somewhere thought he'd try and get his cattle a bit leaner. At least Schleck's allegation has a bit of glamour and intrigue to it. If you're going to go down, go big.

fastercyclist
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 17:12 pm

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby fastercyclist » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 am

disgruntledgoat wrote:This poisoning story is utter nonsense.

Nobody bought it for Pantani and nobod bought it for Contador.


Wasn't 500k on the line for the people handing over his water bottles or prepping his food either.

I'm not buying it either, but calling it utter nonsense is a tad unfair. It's definitely plausible.
The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome

User avatar
frenchfighter
Posts: 30000
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 17:35 pm

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby frenchfighter » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:49 am

Voigt:
"It's not easy but we'll wait for the b sample and for what Frankie has to say. After all it's many years that I've said he's a good friend of mine. Friendship goes not only in the sunshine but also when it rains. I still believe in him."

B3rnieMac
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 17:27 pm

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby B3rnieMac » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:08 am

I've no doubt that he does dope but the timing of all this seems awfully convenient for the UCI and LA.



*adjusts tinfoil hat*

deejay
Posts: 2962
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 17:47 pm

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby deejay » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:09 am

Le Commentateur wrote:
Would it be too machiavellian to wonder whether someone associated with the team set him up?
That will teach the Schleck's to become involved with Bruyneel. (the HOG)
Maybe they wouldn't get on his "Bed" for the blood change.

Riis was much better at keeping their tests negative. !

Top_Bhoy
Posts: 1768
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 18:56 pm

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby Top_Bhoy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:27 am

andyp wrote:One imagines the Luxembourg Olympic Committee are already working out how they can let him get off scott free again.

As the Scottish Football regulatory bodies have shown over the last few months, rules can be broken, manipulated, ignored and generally made up as you go along when you happen to be a big name with a tarnished history of cheating and tax evasion. If only Frank could be affiliated to that type of organisation; his innocence and continued racing would be assured!!!

User avatar
disgruntledgoat
Posts: 8757
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 14:56 pm
Contact:

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby disgruntledgoat » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:30 am

fastercyclist wrote:
disgruntledgoat wrote:This poisoning story is utter nonsense.

Nobody bought it for Pantani and nobod bought it for Contador.


Wasn't 500k on the line for the people handing over his water bottles or prepping his food either.

I'm not buying it either, but calling it utter nonsense is a tad unfair. It's definitely plausible.


How is there 500k on the line?
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

fastercyclist
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 17:12 pm

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby fastercyclist » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:57 am

disgruntledgoat wrote:
fastercyclist wrote:
disgruntledgoat wrote:This poisoning story is utter nonsense.

Nobody bought it for Pantani and nobod bought it for Contador.


Wasn't 500k on the line for the people handing over his water bottles or prepping his food either.

I'm not buying it either, but calling it utter nonsense is a tad unfair. It's definitely plausible.


How is there 500k on the line?


Schleck bros are owed a lot of money by Radioshack-Nissan.
The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome

Roscobob
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 22:28 pm

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby Roscobob » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:59 am

Top_Bhoy wrote:
andyp wrote:One imagines the Luxembourg Olympic Committee are already working out how they can let him get off scott free again.

As the Scottish Football regulatory bodies have shown over the last few months, rules can be broken, manipulated, ignored and generally made up as you go along when you happen to be a big name with a tarnished history of cheating and tax evasion. If only Frank could be affiliated to that type of organisation; his innocence and continued racing would be assured!!!


So you're saying that RSNT's chef poisened David Murray and Craig Whyte which meant they never paid income tax? :shock:

I can't even get away from the Scottish football farce on a cycling forum!

User avatar
iainf72
Posts: 15162
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:59 pm

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby iainf72 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:04 pm

fastercyclist wrote:
Schleck bros are owed a lot of money by Radioshack-Nissan.


Schleck bros are owed a lot by Leopard SA.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

User avatar
disgruntledgoat
Posts: 8757
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 14:56 pm
Contact:

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby disgruntledgoat » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:06 pm

So how does poisoning him get them out of that? They'll still have to pay him.
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

User avatar
prawny
Posts: 4984
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 21:10 pm

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby prawny » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:07 pm

iainf72 wrote:
fastercyclist wrote:
Schleck bros are owed a lot of money by Radioshack-Nissan.


Schleck bros are owed a lot by Leopard SA.


Yeah and Radioshack-nissan-trek are owed a lot by the Schlecks :wink:
Saracen Dirttrax Disc
Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015
Voodoo Bizango - 2014

Top_Bhoy
Posts: 1768
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 18:56 pm

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby Top_Bhoy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:11 pm

Roscobob wrote:
Top_Bhoy wrote:
andyp wrote:One imagines the Luxembourg Olympic Committee are already working out how they can let him get off scott free again.

As the Scottish Football regulatory bodies have shown over the last few months, rules can be broken, manipulated, ignored and generally made up as you go along when you happen to be a big name with a tarnished history of cheating and tax evasion. If only Frank could be affiliated to that type of organisation; his innocence and continued racing would be assured!!!


So you're saying that RSNT's chef poisened David Murray and Craig Whyte which meant they never paid income tax? :shock:

I can't even get away from the Scottish football farce on a cycling forum!

Given the farce to date...your explanation seems entirely plausible.... :D

(I'll leave the SPL/SFL/SFA shenanigans alone now :evil: )

User avatar
Pross
Posts: 15204
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:32 am

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby Pross » Wed Jul 18, 2012 13:01 pm

disgruntledgoat wrote:So how does poisoning him get them out of that? They'll still have to pay him.


Breach of contract as presumably they'll have signed some anti-doping clause?

Roscobob
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 22:28 pm

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby Roscobob » Wed Jul 18, 2012 13:41 pm

Top_Bhoy wrote:
Roscobob wrote:
Top_Bhoy wrote:
andyp wrote:One imagines the Luxembourg Olympic Committee are already working out how they can let him get off scott free again.

As the Scottish Football regulatory bodies have shown over the last few months, rules can be broken, manipulated, ignored and generally made up as you go along when you happen to be a big name with a tarnished history of cheating and tax evasion. If only Frank could be affiliated to that type of organisation; his innocence and continued racing would be assured!!!


So you're saying that RSNT's chef poisened David Murray and Craig Whyte which meant they never paid income tax? :shock:

I can't even get away from the Scottish football farce on a cycling forum!

Given the farce to date...your explanation seems entirely plausible.... :D

(I'll leave the SPL/SFL/SFA shenanigans alone now :evil: )


Maybe that will be their defence when the law finally catch up with them (if ever!). To be fair the SFA/SFL/SPL make the UCI look like a well oiled machine!

Crozza
Posts: 881
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:33 am

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby Crozza » Wed Jul 18, 2012 15:31 pm

Pross wrote:
disgruntledgoat wrote:So how does poisoning him get them out of that? They'll still have to pay him.


Breach of contract as presumably they'll have signed some anti-doping clause?


I would have thought that the contract would only be terminated from the date of the positive sample, if the money is already owed then it will remain owed notwithstanding the breach.

fastercyclist
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 17:12 pm

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby fastercyclist » Wed Jul 18, 2012 15:32 pm

Crozza wrote:
Pross wrote:
disgruntledgoat wrote:So how does poisoning him get them out of that? They'll still have to pay him.


Breach of contract as presumably they'll have signed some anti-doping clause?


I would have thought that the contract would only be terminated from the date of the positive sample, if the money is already owed then it will remain owed notwithstanding the breach.


I'm sure some cyclists have been made to repay earnings in fines?
The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome

andyp
Posts: 11124
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 17:59 pm

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby andyp » Wed Jul 18, 2012 16:23 pm

Pross wrote:
disgruntledgoat wrote:So how does poisoning him get them out of that? They'll still have to pay him.


Breach of contract as presumably they'll have signed some anti-doping clause?


You'd have to be a weapons grade moron to sign a contract with such a clause when Bruyneel is involved.


Return to “Pro Race”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dgunthor, GingerMagician, img_87, professeur, Specialized_Nick, The Kennington Kaiser, The_Boy and 20 guests