2013 Transfers

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
Turfle
Posts: 3667
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 13:12 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby Turfle » Tue Sep 18, 2012 18:32 pm

Duncanandthemachine wrote:Race Radio just tweeted Joe Dombrowski to Sky...


After failing to get Jungels last year, and Aru this year, I think they were determined not to miss out on Dombrowski. Good place for him too I think. No pressure for a year at least.

User avatar
greasedscotsman
Posts: 6637
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 20:38 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby greasedscotsman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 18:38 pm

Rick Chasey wrote:Can't UCI use CQranking?


Cos Brad wouldn't be ranked No. 1? :wink:

User avatar
iainf72
Posts: 15160
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:59 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby iainf72 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 18:41 pm

inkyfingers wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:Can't UCI use CQranking?


Can't the UCI use independent anti-doping controls?
Can't the UCI help women's cycling?
Can't the UCI all just resign and let somebody else take over?

Interestingly (or probably not to anybody else) whilst looking for some random info I noticed that the UCI Europe Tour rankings haven't been updated since June.


I know you didn't want answers, but to answer them

1) No. There isn't anything in place.
2) They could. Is it worthwhile though?
3) I suspect 95% of the UCI are absolutely fine.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

User avatar
inkyfingers
Posts: 4420
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 16:15 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby inkyfingers » Tue Sep 18, 2012 18:50 pm

iainf72 wrote:
inkyfingers wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:Can't UCI use CQranking?


Can't the UCI use independent anti-doping controls?
Can't the UCI help women's cycling?
Can't the UCI all just resign and let somebody else take over?

Interestingly (or probably not to anybody else) whilst looking for some random info I noticed that the UCI Europe Tour rankings haven't been updated since June.


I know you didn't want answers, but to answer them

1) No. There isn't anything in place.
2) They could. Is it worthwhile though?
3) I suspect 95% of the UCI are absolutely fine.


I didn't want answers, but thanks anyway. :wink:
"I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)

User avatar
iainf72
Posts: 15160
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:59 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby iainf72 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 18:54 pm

I do think CQRanking should be used.

If a bunch of internetz people can do it .....
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

User avatar
greasedscotsman
Posts: 6637
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 20:38 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby greasedscotsman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 19:01 pm

iainf72 wrote:2) They could. Is it worthwhile though?


Yes it is.

Just thought I'd answer your question for you.

User avatar
greasedscotsman
Posts: 6637
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 20:38 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby greasedscotsman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 19:02 pm

iainf72 wrote:I do think CQRanking should be used.


Used for what though? To select teams for races? Would it really make any difference?

User avatar
iainf72
Posts: 15160
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:59 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby iainf72 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 19:08 pm

greasedscotsman wrote:
iainf72 wrote:2) They could. Is it worthwhile though?


Yes it is.

Just thought I'd answer your question for you.


What should they be doing?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

User avatar
greasedscotsman
Posts: 6637
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 20:38 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby greasedscotsman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 19:14 pm

iainf72 wrote:
greasedscotsman wrote:
iainf72 wrote:2) They could. Is it worthwhile though?


Yes it is.

Just thought I'd answer your question for you.


What should they be doing?


Oh, I thought you knew. I was answering your question "is it worthwhile".

User avatar
iainf72
Posts: 15160
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:59 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby iainf72 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 19:24 pm

greasedscotsman wrote:
Oh, I thought you knew. I was answering your question "is it worthwhile".


:lol: I like this game

Why is it worthwhile?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

User avatar
greasedscotsman
Posts: 6637
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 20:38 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby greasedscotsman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 19:49 pm

iainf72 wrote:
greasedscotsman wrote:
Oh, I thought you knew. I was answering your question "is it worthwhile".


:lol: I like this game

Why is it worthwhile?


Is that the game were the thread is taken as off topic as possible?

And it's worth helping because it can be great racing to watch! I'd like to see more of it, wouldn't you?

User avatar
iainf72
Posts: 15160
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:59 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby iainf72 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 20:06 pm

greasedscotsman wrote:
And it's worth helping because it can be great racing to watch! I'd like to see more of it, wouldn't you?


Honestly? Not bothered. I'm sure non-elite racing can be great, or junior racing but I don't watch that either.

However my pinko leftie side says it should be the same for everyone....And the UCI tend to deal with that quite well at their events.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

User avatar
greasedscotsman
Posts: 6637
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 20:38 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby greasedscotsman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 20:25 pm

iainf72 wrote:Honestly? Not bothered. I'm sure non-elite racing can be great, or junior racing but I don't watch that either.

However my pinko leftie side says it should be the same for everyone....And the UCI tend to deal with that quite well at their events.


I struggle a bit with the juniors/U23s, but I don't think that's because the racing is rubbish, I reckon it's because I don't know who the riders are. Wonder if it's the same with others watching the women's events?

World Champs are the only events the UCI run, aren't they? Reckon they are good though, both to watch on the telly and even better to go and see. Kinda wish I'd gone now, especially as it's not been raining there so far. I'm not so keen on TTs, but the whole week is pretty good, nice mix of events. And the RRs should be great!

User avatar
frenchfighter
Posts: 30000
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 17:35 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby frenchfighter » Wed Sep 19, 2012 06:37 am

May have been mentioned before, but if not: Davide Martinelli to Sky (he is riding the with the Italian Worlds team)

Bole to Vacansoleil
Image
Contador is the Greatest

User avatar
frenchfighter
Posts: 30000
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 17:35 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby frenchfighter » Thu Sep 20, 2012 07:57 am

Txurruka let go by Euskaltel.

The emerging talent that is Bardet has accepted an AG2R contract out to 2014.
Contador is the Greatest

User avatar
Sonny73
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 16:40 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby Sonny73 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 08:15 am

Velasco also reported to have been let go by Euskaltel.

User avatar
DeadCalm
Posts: 2027
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 09:15 am

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby DeadCalm » Thu Sep 20, 2012 08:16 am

frenchfighter wrote:The emerging talent that is Bardet has accepted an AG2R contract out to 2014.

Excellent!

User avatar
skylla
Posts: 747
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 18:13 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby skylla » Thu Sep 20, 2012 08:42 am

frenchfighter wrote:
Bole to Vacansoleil
[img]grega_bola[/img]


"Dum spiro spero"

As long as I breathe, I hope

Turfle
Posts: 3667
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 13:12 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby Turfle » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:45 pm

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... m-sky.html

Kiryienka confirms he's moving to Sky.

So for Sky that's
In:
confirmed: Kiryienka, Cataldo
strong rumours: Lopez, JTL, Dombrowski,

Out:
confirmed: Nordhaug, Appollonio, Barry, Hunt, Flecha, Lofkvist
rumoured: Cav, Dowsett

Think that's about right.

User avatar
frenchfighter
Posts: 30000
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 17:35 pm

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby frenchfighter » Thu Sep 20, 2012 13:54 pm

Kiri has done very well for himself. I remember him at Tinkoff, very attacking. Then he has moved up through the ranks nicely, got some good results and helped a lot of people and now he has probably landed a nice fat salary.

3rd in the Worlds TT yday is hugely impressive.

Image
Contador is the Greatest


Return to “Pro Race”