Lance Armstrong gets life ban,loses 7 TDF,confesses he doped

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms

Richmond Racer

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby Richmond Racer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 09:43 am

Amen to that, Nick

If there is to be any reducution is his life ban, Tygart isnt going to be satisfied with Lance offering up tiddly, small fry.

I dont think Lance would offer up Hein, somehow - too much knowledge on both sides of money flows and where the bodies are buried.

Perhaps...Och? Steve Johnson and other senior peeps in USA Cycling? Even...Bruyneel?

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 09:48 am

Swiss lab man Saugy's holding a news conf today

Cornerblock

Postby Cornerblock » Fri Jan 11, 2013 09:56 am

What Lance definitely shouldn't do is copy any of Oprah's previous interviewees...

LangerDan

Postby LangerDan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 09:59 am

Richmond Racer wrote:Swiss lab man Saugy's holding a news conf today

Pre-emptive strike?
'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 am

LangerDan wrote:
Richmond Racer wrote:Swiss lab man Saugy's holding a news conf today

Pre-emptive strike?

Yeah, maybe. I just cant see it being a flat 'I did not have inhale'. This is the head of USADA who's gone on public record with what (he says) Saugy told him, not some athlete who Saugy could claim was telling a lie to save his skin or whatever.

LangerDan

Postby LangerDan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:07 am

sherer wrote:lest face it with the programme being recorded in advance anything LA doesn't like can just be cut. As far s I know Oprah isn't a cycling fan and so there will have to be researchers that come up with the questions and if that happens then i'm sure LA will know what they are in advance, maybe even Fabiani has already written the questions and fed them to Oprah

Winfrey is far more powerful, influential (and richer) than LA - whatever else happens, he's not in a position to bully her just because the questions don't suit him.

However, given her long-time philanthropic activities, I'd expect him to play the cancer jesus card quite strongly.
'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:10 am

LangerDan wrote:
sherer wrote:lest face it with the programme being recorded in advance anything LA doesn't like can just be cut. As far s I know Oprah isn't a cycling fan and so there will have to be researchers that come up with the questions and if that happens then i'm sure LA will know what they are in advance, maybe even Fabiani has already written the questions and fed them to Oprah

Winfrey is far more powerful, influential (and richer) than LA - whatever else happens, he's not in a position to bully her just because the questions don't suit him.

However, given her long-time philanthropic activities, I'd expect him to play the cancer jesus card quite strongly.

Ach, she doesnt give a toot . Her network is ailing, and its an exclusive for her to bump up figures through the roof - and it will be viewable globally, and make the front page of most papers across the world. Publicity as oxygen.

Pross

Postby Pross » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:03 am

The best way to turn the US public against him would probably be to play on his aetheism rather than the PED angle. I can't imagine that going down too well with Oprah's viewers. Conversely the best way for him to win support would be to mention how all this has helped him find God and he can then just keep denying the drug taking.

Yellow Peril

Postby Yellow Peril » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Pross wrote:The best way to turn the US public against him would probably be to play on his aetheism rather than the PED angle. I can't imagine that going down too well with Oprah's viewers. Conversely the best way for him to win support would be to mention how all this has helped him find God and he can then just keep denying the drug taking.

Stroke of genius^

Pross you are really Lance's lawyer and I claim my £5!

Stedman

Postby Stedman » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:30 pm

What has recently surprised me is that whilst there is no statute of limitation for perjury in the UK, there is in Texas!

Pross

Postby Pross » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:40 pm

Yellow Peril wrote:
Pross wrote:The best way to turn the US public against him would probably be to play on his aetheism rather than the PED angle. I can't imagine that going down too well with Oprah's viewers. Conversely the best way for him to win support would be to mention how all this has helped him find God and he can then just keep denying the drug taking.

Stroke of genius^

Pross you are really Lance's lawyer and I claim my £5!

Wish I was, I'd happily give you £5 of my millions!

TheStone

Postby TheStone » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Is anyone else a bit surprised that Oprah is still going?

Cornerblock

Postby Cornerblock » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:59 pm

She's never tested positive.

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 13:02 pm

well, there was a rumour of a cover-up involving the lab in Salt Lake City after she smashed it up Mount Baldy

Cornerblock

Postby Cornerblock » Fri Jan 11, 2013 13:06 pm

Ahh, but look at all the fine work she does through The Oprah Winfrey Foundation.

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 13:09 pm

I actually think the Oprah Winfrey Book Club is the main front for the massive doping ring headed up by her personally. She never recommended any of Walsh's books or Rough Ride for Book of the Month after all. Says everything.

Nick Fitt

Postby Nick Fitt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 13:37 pm

Cornerblock wrote:She's never tested positive.

Ah, unfortunately she has admitted Freebasing though. This was the forerunner to crack apparently...

"‘Before crack was crack’
Always candid, in the past Oprah has divulged painfully private secrets for the first time on-air and she told Billy about the hardest one. "Years ago I had a woman on my show who was talking about drugs and how she was addicted to her boyfriend and I had used drugs in my 20s with this boyfriend and I was more addicted to the boyfriend than I was to the drugs," she revealed. "So the admission to using drugs on television was the biggest thing."

"It was crack, right?" Billy asked.

"Yeah, well it wasn't called crack at the time. It was called freebasing. It was before crack was crack," she admitted.

But drugs weren't the only issue Oprah was forced to publicly confront...."

Isnt Google incredible? http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/9996876/n ... PAU-nfDWwc

Therefore, she and LA are soul mates, this is going to be farking fantastic in a crazy car crash kinda way ;-)

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 13:46 pm

Brian Cookson worried that Armstrong's going to try to justify himself by claiming that its impossible to win the Tour clean, and thereby tainting Bradders

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... ak-silence

He's going to say that all pros dope, isnt he..
Last edited by Richmond Racer on Fri Jan 11, 2013 14:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dennisn

Postby dennisn » Fri Jan 11, 2013 13:52 pm

Nick Fitt wrote:
Cornerblock wrote:She's never tested positive.

Ah, unfortunately she has admitted Freebasing though. This was the forerunner to crack apparently...

"‘Before crack was crack’
Always candid, in the past Oprah has divulged painfully private secrets for the first time on-air and she told Billy about the hardest one. "Years ago I had a woman on my show who was talking about drugs and how she was addicted to her boyfriend and I had used drugs in my 20s with this boyfriend and I was more addicted to the boyfriend than I was to the drugs," she revealed. "So the admission to using drugs on television was the biggest thing."

"It was crack, right?" Billy asked.

"Yeah, well it wasn't called crack at the time. It was called freebasing. It was before crack was crack," she admitted.

But drugs weren't the only issue Oprah was forced to publicly confront...."

Isnt Google incredible? http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/9996876/n ... PAU-nfDWwc

Therefore, she and LA are soul mates, this is going to be farking fantastic in a crazy car crash kinda way ;-)

I'm thinking that Oprah would admit to just about anything if she thought that it would elicit sympathy, for her, from her audience. Watch the show sometime. She's a survivor of EVERYTHING. And that's part of her great appeal.

Return to “Pro Race”