Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Re: Lance Armstrong accepts lifetime ban,loss of 7 TDF wins

Postby Rick Chasey » Fri Aug 24, 2012 07:48 am

Gazzetta67

Postby Gazzetta67 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 07:49 am

Bozman wrote:The only thing that bothers me about this is that he never failed a test and everyone was at it............ you might as well go back and strip everyone of their TDF win/s, you only have to read a few books to get an idea of how wide spread doping has been.

Think about it, as it`s already been said countless times. cast your minds back to 1998 (festina affair) Cycling in a bad way. It was a bad time for the UCI they needed a new "Clarke Kent" and to everyone`s amazement superman came to life and the rest is history 8) - PS. Funny about all these NEW Fanboys that have just joined the forum.

disgruntledgoat

Postby disgruntledgoat » Fri Aug 24, 2012 07:50 am

Rick Chasey wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/aug/24/how-lance-armstrong-strongarmed-cycling

Guardian has a good take on it.

I agree with something Matt Seaton writes in the Guardian?

Truly this is a red letter day.
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

KaRsKiN

Postby KaRsKiN » Fri Aug 24, 2012 07:51 am

Gazzetta67 wrote:
Bozman wrote:The only thing that bothers me about this is that he never failed a test and everyone was at it............ you might as well go back and strip everyone of their TDF win/s, you only have to read a few books to get an idea of how wide spread doping has been.

Think about it, as it`s already been said countless times. cast your minds back to 1998 (festina affair) Cycling in a bad way. It was a bad time for the UCI they needed a new "Clarke Kent" and to everyone`s amazement superman came to life and the rest is history 8) - PS. Funny about all these NEW Fanboys that have just joined the forum.

So essentially it's just a conspiracy theory?

disgruntledgoat

Postby disgruntledgoat » Fri Aug 24, 2012 07:52 am

KaRsKiN wrote:
Gazzetta67 wrote:

Cycling News had a good piece last night with links to all their articles regarding allegations against Armstrong down the years. Go have a read. Then google "Landis Kimmage Full Interview" and read that.
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

jerry3571

Postby jerry3571 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 07:53 am

Does this means ole Cadel Evans wins 8 Tour de France's?? I haven't done a countback but interesting to see who comes out of this with a few new Yellow Jerseys.

Big handbad fight with the UCI and USDA coming up maybe.

Not really heard about why Cycling seems to have a permenant witch hunt where other sports (Football) gets off without a hint of doping issues. After many years, I'm getting bored of hearing about it.

A load of potential sponsors for future Teams have once again been sent running to the hills with this news. I don't know where this will end, it probably won't. :s

Maybe LA should become Spanish. He'll be back on his bike etc in a few months then. ;)

Jerry

bilirubin

Postby bilirubin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 07:53 am

KaRsKiN wrote:
rdt wrote:
KaRsKiN wrote:Am I missing a trick here. Don't really know much about this to be honest.

He's never tested positive, so how can they claim he was taking drugs? Surely if the drugs tests come back negative then that should be that. If not then what's the point in having them?

Have you been living under a rock for the past half dozen years?

In cycling terms yeah. Only really been into the sport for the last few months, never bothered with it before so I'm a bit behind.

You have a lot of catching up to do then but if you that new cycling I would not bother, just move on and enjoy what we all hope will be more drug free wins and less dopers being tested positive

Bozman

Postby Bozman » Fri Aug 24, 2012 07:57 am

LeicesterLad wrote:Love the number of 'new posters' already signing up for todays discussions :lol:

Truly :lol: at the continued 'but he didn't test positive'? and 'how can USADA strip his titles? what do they know anyway?'

Keep 'em coming.... 8)

And who the f**k are you?
Does it matter if someone new has an opinion, they might be new on here but they could well have been cycling while you were still sh*ting yellow.

LeicesterLad

Postby LeicesterLad » Fri Aug 24, 2012 07:59 am

Bozman wrote:
LeicesterLad wrote:Love the number of 'new posters' already signing up for todays discussions :lol:

Truly :lol: at the continued 'but he didn't test positive'? and 'how can USADA strip his titles? what do they know anyway?'

Keep 'em coming.... 8)

And who the f**k are you?
Does it matter if someone new has an opinion, they might be new on here but they could well have been cycling while you were still sh*ting yellow.

:lol: Toys back in pram.

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Fri Aug 24, 2012 08:00 am

KaRsKiN wrote:
Gazzetta67 wrote:

Armstrong's guilty of being part of a doping conspiracy, along with the other 4 (though not entirely sure what Bruyneel is up to).

Gazzaputt

Postby Gazzaputt » Fri Aug 24, 2012 08:02 am

Keep 'em coming.... 8)

You come across so patronising these days.

Gazzaputt

Postby Gazzaputt » Fri Aug 24, 2012 08:03 am

Rick Chasey wrote:Sad times.

Agree.

Our sport is the only loser in all this.

ddraver

Postby ddraver » Fri Aug 24, 2012 08:03 am

KaRsKiN wrote:Am I missing a trick here. Don't really know much about this to be honest.

He's never tested positive, so how can they claim he was taking drugs? Surely if the drugs tests come back negative then that should be that. If not then what's the point in having them?

I ll trust your being honest...

Have a read of this - http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/ind ... -the-years

Fair warning - It ll take you a few days!!!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

Gazzetta67

Postby Gazzetta67 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 08:04 am

Rick Chasey wrote:
KaRsKiN wrote:
Gazzetta67 wrote:

Armstrong's guilty of being part of a doping conspiracy, along with the other 4 (though not entirely sure what Bruyneel is up to).

Bruyneel said it will be a different Radioshack next year ??? :D - Yes Johan and you WONT be part of it.

LeicesterLad

Postby LeicesterLad » Fri Aug 24, 2012 08:06 am

Gazzaputt wrote:

Keep 'em coming.... 8)

You come across so patronising these days.

I take a lot of sh*t being a Contador fan, but Ive accepted his guilt. Time for the LA fanbois to do the same.

Sad times, yes - McQuaid and UCI still walking free.

If came accross patronising, didn't mean to. Just an observation.

You reply was much better than the 'Who the F*ck are you' chap.

philbar72

Postby philbar72 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 08:08 am

The Mad Rapper wrote:
disgruntledgoat wrote:I was about to type out a huge rant but its all been said before, the man is a coward...

I have to disagree. I don't think he's a coward, I think he's stupidly brave given his fight with cancer. I will agree that he's a bully and an egotistical ars* though. Oh, and a cheating scumbag as well.

that is the truth. cheats never prosper, well at least not in the long term....

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Fri Aug 24, 2012 08:08 am

philbar72 wrote:
The Mad Rapper wrote:
disgruntledgoat wrote:I was about to type out a huge rant but its all been said before, the man is a coward...

I have to disagree. I don't think he's a coward, I think he's stupidly brave given his fight with cancer. I will agree that he's a bully and an egotistical ars* though. Oh, and a cheating scumbag as well.

that is the truth. cheats never prosper, well at least not in the long term....

You obviously don't work in finance.

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Fri Aug 24, 2012 08:09 am

Gazzaputt wrote:

Agree.

It is really sad.

I know it's silly because I've always said he was on the juice, but seeing it official makes me feel sh!t about it all.

LangerDan

Postby LangerDan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 08:11 am

Rick Chasey wrote:
Gazzaputt wrote:

Agree.

It is really sad.

I know it's silly because I've always said he was on the juice, but seeing it official makes me feel sh!t about it all.

Thats cos you're only young - wait until you've been hanging around the sport for 3 or 4 decades. You'll eventually get used to the dull ache from being repeatedly kicked in the plums.
'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'

k-dog

Postby k-dog » Fri Aug 24, 2012 08:13 am

TailWindHome wrote:So what about Bruyneel?

Happy Birthday Johan!
I'm left handed, if that matters.

Return to “Pro Race”