Re: Lance Armstrong accepts lifetime ban,loss of 7 TDF wins

Postby coriordan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:14 pm

ooooh goody. Here it comes.

DeadCalm

Postby DeadCalm » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:15 pm

Not sure of his source but...

the Inner Ring ‏@inrng
A six month ban for those who co-operated with the investigation. WADA code allows ban to be reduced by up to 75% if athletes help.

Coach H

Postby Coach H » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:15 pm

Coach H wrote:
Richmond Racer wrote:
Coach H wrote:

Plenty said this would not happen but I notice he still has not said anything about USPS et al in this statement.

Not sure what you were expecting him to say specifically? He's admitted that he doped till 2006, and he says that he ended up having to talk about others when he talked about his own doping. Not sure what else he's going to say in his personal statement. All of the specifics that form his witness statement are part of the USADA case, not part of his personal statement, surely.

The personal statements of FLandis and Tyler specifically stated doping at USPS and that the Hog and Armstrong were directly involved. Obviously a damage limitation statement rather than a full and frank laying out of the facts concerning Hincapie personally.

Barry's statement a bit more explicit but still hardy 'truth and reconcilliation'
Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')

frenchfighter

Postby frenchfighter » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:16 pm

Inconsequential bans. See them next Paris Nice if they chose to compete.
Contador is the Greatest

Pross

Postby Pross » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:16 pm

Coach H wrote:
Richmond Racer wrote:
Coach H wrote:

Plenty said this would not happen but I notice he still has not said anything about USPS et al in this statement.

Not sure what you were expecting him to say specifically? He's admitted that he doped till 2006, and he says that he ended up having to talk about others when he talked about his own doping. Not sure what else he's going to say in his personal statement. All of the specifics that form his witness statement are part of the USADA case, not part of his personal statement, surely.

The personal statements of FLandis and Tyler specifically stated doping at USPS and that the Hog and Armstrong were directly involved. Obviously a damage limitation statement rather than a full and frank laying out of the facts concerning Hincapie personally.

But we still don't know what he has said in his sworn statements. All he is doing here is stating that he has told the investigation what he knew. Flandis and Hamilton were also in very different situations when they made their statements (i.e. they had been caught themselves and were therefore happy to throw mud around the place whereas Hincapie has admitted doping despite not getting caught).

Coach H

Postby Coach H » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:17 pm

frenchfighter wrote:Inconsequential bans.

A bit like Bertie's then :lol:

Turfle

Postby Turfle » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:17 pm

Coach H wrote:
Coach H wrote:
Richmond Racer wrote:
Coach H wrote:

Barry's statement a bit more explicit but still hardy 'truth and reconcilliation'

Their admissions to USADA will have been much, much more explicit. That will come out when USADA release the report.

frenchfighter

Postby frenchfighter » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:20 pm

Lol, both Barry and Hincapie sites struggling to load, no doubt with all the people checking them
Contador is the Greatest

Coach H

Postby Coach H » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:23 pm

Pross wrote:
Coach H wrote:
Richmond Racer wrote:
Coach H wrote:

But we still don't know what he has said in his sworn statements. All he is doing here is stating that he has told the investigation what he knew. Flandis and Hamilton were also in very different situations when they made their statements (i.e. they had been caught themselves and were therefore happy to throw mud around the place whereas Hincapie has admitted doping despite not getting caught).

All true, but I still hoped for something more. If it was me (athough I would have done it far earlier, I think) I would have wanted to lay it all out in MY statement rather a basic admission and leave the details to the USDA report. Its about personal integrity and ownership I guess, but I accept it is easy to say these things from the sidelines under an internet pseudonym.
Last edited by Coach H on Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rdt

Postby rdt » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:24 pm

frenchfighter wrote:Inconsequential bans. See them next Paris Nice if they chose to compete.

I don't have a problem with that. Whistle-blower incentives (leniency/immunity/rewards) expose transgressions we'd never otherwise hear about, they disaude potential transgressors, and they help ensure actual transgressors (esp. the big fish) sleep less easy in case someone, one day, grasses them up.

TimB34

Postby TimB34 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:25 pm

Hincapie states "I have competed clean and have not used any performance enhancing drugs or processes for the past six years. Since 2006, I have been working hard within the sport of cycling to rid it of banned substances..."

Which means that he was racing clean in his last year at Discovery (2007). Given that Tygarts statement claims that USPS/Disco ran a full doping program, there must have been some interesting discussions between George and the team doctors when he told them he didn't want any more drugs!

tarzan13

Postby tarzan13 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:38 pm

frenchfighter wrote:

Not much respect for the guy. Wait until you retire then admit it and only then because it is coming out anyway.

All that dope and he still didn't win a Classic.

How many professional cyclist do you know that have admitted doping whilst still being an active rider and not being caught for doping?

pomtarr

Postby pomtarr » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:48 pm

So presumably Barry gets chucked off midway through the Tour of Beijing then? His last ever race before retiring....
"Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:49 pm

TimB34 wrote:Which means that he was racing clean in his last year at Discovery (2007). Given that Tygarts statement claims that USPS/Disco ran a full doping program, there must have been some interesting discussions between George and the team doctors when he told them he didn't want any more drugs!

Did he help Contador to avoid the Boss. ?

Turfle

Postby Turfle » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:51 pm

pomtarr wrote:So presumably Barry gets chucked off midway through the Tour of Beijing then? His last ever race before retiring....

He isn't there. His last race was Montreal (or Quebec; whichever the 2nd one was).

Yellow Peril

Postby Yellow Peril » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:55 pm

[conspiracy theory]Hmm I wonder if Holy Dave decided to make Garmin drive the peloton that day that George was looking for the yellow jersey because Holy Dave knew he was a unconfessed doper? [[conspiracy theory]

My thoughts are with Mad Rapper at this time.

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:57 pm

Yellow Peril wrote:[conspiracy theory]Hmm I wonder if Holy Dave decided to make Garmin drive the peloton that day that George was looking for the yellow jersey because Holy Dave knew he was a unconfessed doper? [[conspiracy theory]

My thoughts are with Mad Rapper at this time.

Ooooh, now THAT is a good theory....but hardly likely considering the Garmin riders in the same boat...

Alan A

Postby Alan A » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:58 pm

BBC 5Live just announced that Tyler Hamilton will be interviewed by them on their Up All Night show @ 1am

Crankbrother

Postby Crankbrother » Wed Oct 10, 2012 16:58 pm

Hincapie is worse than LA, Tyler & Floyd combined ... Waits until he can walk away rich, with all of his ventures paid for by his part in this whole thing ...

Same with Vaughters, he waited until he had cemented his team and personal income before coming clean ...

andrewjoseph

Postby andrewjoseph » Wed Oct 10, 2012 17:01 pm

frenchfighter wrote:...
Not much respect for the guy. Wait until you retire then admit it and only then because it is coming out anyway.

All that dope and he still didn't win a Classic.

Wish you'd make your mind up, in other threads you've said contradictory things:

"I don't have much of an opinion about him. Yes he took drugs but he comes across as a nice guy and a great teammate. Very strong regardless."

"Go George. Finally." which you said was "... related to him giving evidence."

to sum up: you have no opinion and also no respect for a nice guy who was a strong rider. well done for giving evidence, but 'bad form' for waiting until you retire.

is that about right?

and you still think contador is a 'true champion'.
--
Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails

Return to “Pro Race”