Pat McQuaid

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms

Pat McQuaid How long do you think he will still be in his job ?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 06, 2012 08:18 am

Two Weeks
11%
Three Weeks
No votes
One month
5%
Till Christmas
84%

Total votes: 19

CYCLESPORT1

Pat McQuaid

Postby CYCLESPORT1 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 08:18 am

Simples :D

dortmunder

Re: Pat McQuaid

Postby dortmunder » Sat Sep 29, 2012 08:33 am

He'll be difficult to shift. Look at Sepp Blatter- FIFA make the UCI look like the WI and Sepp seems to be the teflon Don of football. The same will be true of Fat Pat.

Vino'sGhost

Postby Vino'sGhost » Sat Sep 29, 2012 08:33 am

Ages I should think, The evidence will come, they will review with comments, will accept or not.

Everyone up in arms with demands for his head, and a life of pain and poverty for his family and anyone hes ever spoken to sound deranged.

TMR

Postby TMR » Sat Sep 29, 2012 08:41 am

Vino'sGhost wrote:Ages I should think, The evidence will come, they will review with comments, will accept or not.

Everyone up in arms with demands for his head, and a life of pain and poverty for his family and anyone hes ever spoken to sound deranged.

Is he your Dad?
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

iainf72

Postby iainf72 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:44 am

There's still no viable alternative. I'm sure under Tchmil it would be better - By better I mean there will be gangster looking guys and hot girls hanging around.

USADA send their case, accuses Pat of corruption. They go to CAS - it could go on and on and on.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Vino'sGhost

Postby Vino'sGhost » Sat Sep 29, 2012 16:20 pm

The Mad Rapper wrote:
Vino'sGhost wrote:Ages I should think, The evidence will come, they will review with comments, will accept or not.

Is he your Dad?

:D

No I am pat. (Q Spartacus themed posts)

Ms Tree

Postby Ms Tree » Sat Sep 29, 2012 18:31 pm

He'll be hanging by his finger nails for years and patting backs ready for next year's election.
'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
Neil Gaiman

mike6

Postby mike6 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 18:41 pm

The old boys network will keep him in place.

As has been posted on another forum, how are the people at the top of the UCI elected??? Who keeps re electing them?

Who is it in British Cycling that helps to keep Pat in his job and when will they step forward and give there reasons for doing so?

I think it is about time the cycling press got there teeth into this.

aspender

Postby aspender » Sat Sep 29, 2012 18:49 pm

mike6 wrote:The old boys network will keep him in place.

As has been posted on another forum, how are the people at the top of the UCI elected??? Who keeps re electing them?

Who is it in British Cycling that helps to keep Pat in his job and when will they step forward and give there reasons for doing so?

I think it is about time the cycling press got there teeth into this.

Nobody. BC doesn't have a vote in the matter. inrng did a good piece on this recently:

http://inrng.com/2012/09/how-to-replace-pat-mcquaid/

iainf72

Postby iainf72 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 18:53 pm

Yup,and Pat has a lot of support outside of Europe

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Sat Sep 29, 2012 18:55 pm

iainf72 wrote:Yup,and Pat has a lot of support outside of Europe

Pffft.

Like that should matter!

This is a European sport.

andyp

Postby andyp » Sat Sep 29, 2012 19:13 pm

Professional cycling is a predominantly European sport, but competitive cycling is global, hence the UCI's remit.

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Sep 29, 2012 20:25 pm

aspender wrote:
Nobody. BC doesn't have a vote in the matter. inrng did a good piece on this recently:

Just as well then, because did you see BC president Brian Cookson holding the Fat Paddy's hand at the East London Velodrome last month.

You can now see why the Fat Controller has manipulated the World Cup out of the season and Demoted the European season to one of several others.
This makes the ASO a reduced player as the Fat Cuntroller gains more TV rights elsewhere with his Global Cycling Racing Company. (Look who does the Beijing TV)

I read a year or so ago a link to an Irish forum, where they also bang on about the Fat man.
A new member came on to defend his Uncle and say what a good chappie he is,
This nephew stated he was part of the organisation for the Tour of Qatar and that there were other world races being negotiated.

So you see it is too late for Europe to do anything as the Fat Controller (and his family) are way ahead with their Strategy.

iainf72

Postby iainf72 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 20:43 pm

You know the Tour of Qatar is an ASO race, right?

http://www.letour.fr/indexTQA_us.html

andyp

Postby andyp » Sat Sep 29, 2012 20:45 pm

Why do people have to resort to insults when discussing Pat McQuaid? It says far more about you than it does about him.

And he's devoted a huge amount of his life to cycling, which deserves respect.

ThomThom

Postby ThomThom » Sat Sep 29, 2012 21:15 pm

andyp wrote:Why do people have to resort to insults when discussing Pat McQuaid? It says far more about you than it does about him.

Respect?

mfin

Postby mfin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 23:06 pm

andyp wrote:Why do people have to resort to insults when discussing Pat McQuaid? It says far more about you than it does about him.

McQuaid has undermined USADA by putting spin on why documents have taken a while that intimates their case is on fragile ground. He's also inferred they want the case file, so can say 'this isn't the case file' when they get the report. Fact is, he and the UCI are lining up a situation where they basically will want it perceived that when they get the information its their decision to ban or not and hence it always was their decision. All this is pretty disgusting really.

I don't mind people slating McQuaid when he comes out with such stuff.

He publicly said nonchalantly that the UCI weren't interested in the USADA case, then just days after saying that he tried to wrangle jurisdiction of it. He knew damn well they were interested... and we know why the UCI are interested too, and its sod all to do with jurisdiction... getting jurisdiction would just be getting control of verdicts. That's my opinion anyway.

...and this is just the recent stuff in the last couple of months...

McQuaid says the UCI has done all it can to get a clean sport. That is not true, well, if that's his opinion its opinion, but its not true to anyone with common sense.

He doesn't deserve any respect by default through having worked in cycling for years, you earn respect through your actions, he hasn't earned a lot in many people's eyes, and a lot of people are way past that now and for good reason. Of course he's not the 'whole UCI' but in the position he is in he will be in the line of fire.

RichN95

Postby RichN95 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 23:56 pm

iainf72 wrote:There's still no viable alternative. I'm sure under Tchmil it would be better - By better I mean there will be gangster looking guys and hot girls hanging around.

USADA send their case, accuses Pat of corruption. They go to CAS - it could go on and on and on.

I think you and I may have a similar opinion on this - and may be in the minority in all the hysteria.

Pat's not great, but it's a horrible job. And the current viable alternatives aren't great. In fact they're basically horrible.

It's politics. No-one comes out clean.
Twitter: @RichN95

Walter White

Postby Walter White » Sun Sep 30, 2012 04:48 am

Because hes a fat slimey arrogant corrupt wa*ker.

iainf72

Postby iainf72 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 08:37 am

RichN95 wrote:Pat's not great, but it's a horrible job. And the current viable alternatives aren't great. In fact they're basically horrible.

It's politics. No-one comes out clean.

Here's a question : If Pat is replaced, what should the replacement be doing differently? Pat's not a great communicator, granted.

So if you looked at it from a macro level, remembering there is finite money, what should change?

Return to “Pro Race”