The 'let it all out' thread - who do you hate the most?

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms

Who do you hate the most?

Cav
2%
Lance
16%
The Hog
5%
Mc Quaid
11%
Verbruggen
9%
Contador
22%
Valverde
7%
Vino
5%
Internet Forum People/Twitter Taliban
17%
Team Sky and every feckin' thing to do with them
5%

Total votes: 241

mfin

Re: The 'let it all out' thread - who do you hate the most?

Postby mfin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 21:52 pm

neale1978 wrote:I hate threads like this one that focus on the bad aspects of our sport and slate or bicker about people within it. I hate war and government corruption.. genocide.. pedophilia.. narrow mindedness.. negativity..

blah blah blah ha ha :roll:

Maybe go on corruptionradar, genocideradar, paedophiliaradar, narrowmindednessradar etc then?

Fact is, lots of people are annoyed by various people in the sport and the massive majority of those figures relating to doping. When the sport's being ripped apart by doping scandals this is what happens, plus, remember, the season's ended and the doping scandals have made pages and pages in national newspapers, its big.

prawny

Postby prawny » Wed Oct 31, 2012 21:52 pm

Valv.Piti definitely - brazen filthy dirty cheating unrepentant dope fuelled c**t

edit :wink:

But only a bit
Saracen Dirttrax Disc
Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015
Voodoo Bizango - 2014

Neale1978

Postby Neale1978 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 22:03 pm

mfin wrote:
neale1978 wrote:I hate threads like this one that focus on the bad aspects of our sport and slate or bicker about people within it. I hate war and government corruption.. genocide.. pedophilia.. narrow mindedness.. negativity..

blah blah blah ha ha :roll:

Maybe go on corruptionradar, genocideradar, paedophiliaradar, narrowmindednessradar etc then?

Fact is, lots of people are annoyed by various people in the sport and the massive majority of those figures relating to doping. When the sport's being ripped apart by doping scandals this is what happens, plus, remember, the season's ended and the doping scandals have made pages and pages in national newspapers, its big.

I agree with you of course but not everyone has a good enough reason to hate riders at times thats all

mfin

Postby mfin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 22:12 pm

Yeah, think we all mean a very casual use of the word 'hate' though in most cases y'know. Let's hope Dennis doesn't appear and start going on about people's 'hate' like it affect's their lives etc!

I 'hate' kids spitting in the street as much as I 'hate' McQuaid for coming out with bullsh1t every time he speaks for instance. I think its more 'who gets your back up the most' than 'hate' that this is about.

frenchfighter

Postby frenchfighter » Wed Oct 31, 2012 22:17 pm

Big LOL to the votes on this thread. Pretty sad if you can muster up 'hate' for someone like Contador. You'd find yourselves all holding counter opinions to the majority of pros in the sport.

Contador is the Greatest

philbar72

Postby philbar72 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 22:28 pm

first - Armstrong, beleived he was bigger than the sport and (by the looks of it) was /is an odious bully. terrible drug cheat as well.
Second - Valverde. scum
third - pat benatar.

No tA Doctor

Postby No tA Doctor » Wed Oct 31, 2012 22:41 pm

frenchfighter wrote:Big LOL to the votes on this thread. Pretty sad if you can muster up 'hate' for someone like Contador. You'd find yourselves all holding counter opinions to the majority of pros in the sport.

Yes, but if this thread has established anything it's that the majority of pros in the sport are hateful wankers.
“Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

Steve Abraham's attempt at the year record

mfin

Postby mfin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 23:59 pm

I don't understand, how many pros are there in cycling? Hundreds and hundreds, perhaps 1000s?? (i dont know), have over half of these people come out and vouched for Contador in saying they like him? Has there been a survey? No.

There's obviously a lot of people who dislike him on here, I guess that's because of his lack of integrity, his history, his lying, and with the odd 'well, he's just a pecker' thrown in.

ddraver

Postby ddraver » Thu Nov 01, 2012 04:12 am

ThomThom wrote:
ddraver wrote:Contador - the unrepentance, the lies, the unrepentance, the innanity, the unrepentance, the total lack of anything between his ears, the unrepentance.

Btw, how would you describe Lance then?

I reckon all your School Reports must have said something along the lines of "Thom is an intelligent little lad but his results are so poor as he never answers the f**king question!"

But anyway, Similar - but I don't have to watch him anymore so I can forget about him. Hopefully, now can the rest of the world...
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

inkyfingers

Postby inkyfingers » Thu Nov 01, 2012 07:16 am

I dislike Armstrong, but I reserve my hate for those people who just can't stop bloody talking about him.

:wink:
"I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)

MaxwellBygraves

Postby MaxwellBygraves » Thu Nov 01, 2012 07:46 am

It is, and probably always will be, Lance.
"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer

dsoutar

Postby dsoutar » Thu Nov 01, 2012 07:47 am

mfin wrote:I don't understand, how many pros are there in cycling? Hundreds and hundreds, perhaps 1000s?? (i dont know), have over half of these people come out and vouched for Contador in saying they like him? Has there been a survey? No.

There's obviously a lot of people who dislike him on here, I guess that's because of his lack of integrity, his history, his lying, and with the odd 'well, he's just a pecker' thrown in.

And lets face it, pros have a really good record for honesty don't they.

Just a few months ago how many were sticking up for Armstrong (in public). I reckon if you had an anonymous poll amongst pros you'd find that people like Contador were nowehere near as popular as some of the somewhat myopic people on this forum would have you believe

Unfortunately despite what's happened over the last few weeks, there's still an overriding culture of omerta and not crapping on your own doorstep

iainf72

Postby iainf72 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 08:23 am

dsoutar wrote:Just a few months ago how many were sticking up for Armstrong (in public). I reckon if you had an anonymous poll amongst pros you'd find that people like Contador were nowehere near as popular as some of the somewhat myopic people on this forum would have you believe

No, he his generally fairly well liked among the riders. He's a very "nice" man by all accounts.

And I'm not much of a fan.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

lostboysaint

Postby lostboysaint » Thu Nov 01, 2012 08:50 am

Hmmm, can't see John Terry or Chelsea Football Club on that list.
Trail fun - Transition Bandit
Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur
Allround - Cotic Solaris

BelgianBeerGeek

Postby BelgianBeerGeek » Thu Nov 01, 2012 08:52 am

Went for Cav. Contador etc lying scumbag drugs cheats, but what the hell.

Cav's only a sprinter amongst a number of other sprinters. And sprinters are boring. They distort the whole sport with their gurning efforts to cross the line a tyre's width ahead of another boring sprinter. And then everyone gets all excited about "The Manx Missile", the fastest man in the world on a bike, blah, blah, blah...boring.

And then idiots ask you ('cos you're following the TdF) "Why isn't Cav in yellow if he's the fastest?" and other dumb questions.
He's not the messiah, he's only a sprinter. And that's boring.

phil s

Postby phil s » Thu Nov 01, 2012 08:58 am

Easy choice for me, but won't say who.
-- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --

iainf72

Postby iainf72 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 09:01 am

phil s wrote:Easy choice for me, but won't say who.

I've got your back phil

:P
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Insideinfo

Postby Insideinfo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 09:11 am

Can we put Andy Murray on the list?

frenchfighter

Postby frenchfighter » Thu Nov 01, 2012 09:17 am

Haha, we need for Contador to reach 50%. This poll is not credible if it doesn't. Such fun!

Contador is the Greatest

ThomThom

Postby ThomThom » Thu Nov 01, 2012 09:28 am

ddraver wrote:
ThomThom wrote:
ddraver wrote:Contador - the unrepentance, the lies, the unrepentance, the innanity, the unrepentance, the total lack of anything between his ears, the unrepentance.

Btw, how would you describe Lance then?

I reckon all your School Reports must have said something along the lines of "Thom is an intelligent little lad but his results are so poor as he never answers the f**king question!"

Return to “Pro Race”