Contador's schedule

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
nathancom

Re: Contador's schedule

Postby nathancom » Thu Feb 07, 2013 00:03 am

Macaloon wrote:I can't help admiring his extravagant balls.

That makes it sound like his stones are painted purple and covered in gold brocade...

Being doped up makes it a whole lot easier to look effortlessly superior especially when he undoubtably has a top class engine naturally.

feltkuota

Postby feltkuota » Thu Feb 07, 2013 09:40 am

nathancom wrote:

That makes it sound like his stones are painted purple and covered in gold brocade...

Being doped up makes it a whole lot easier to look effortlessly superior especially when he undoubtably has a top class engine naturally.

Certainly a different spin on meat and two veg.

Macaloon

Postby Macaloon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 07:29 am

nathancom wrote:

Cycling's Liberace? Was thinking more about willingness to risk complete failure (rather than settle for top 5), than his flamboyant style on the bike which I agree may be 'enhanced'.
...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.

frenchfighter

Postby frenchfighter » Wed Mar 20, 2013 20:36 pm

He will miss Criterium International which is annoying:

“Severe weather suffered in these races with cold and rain most of the days have affected the health of the Saxo-Tinkoff leader,” read the statement. “Alberto Contador, along with Bjarne Riis and team doctors have decided that the best thing to do right now is to recover quietly to resume training as soon as possible.”
Contador is the Greatest

Pross

Postby Pross » Wed Mar 20, 2013 20:46 pm

Thought he preferred it cold and usually struggles in the summer with allergies?

frenchfighter

Postby frenchfighter » Wed Mar 20, 2013 20:58 pm

He does in terms of how his legs and lungs respond. Doesn't matter how much talent you have, you can still pick up a cold.
Contador is the Greatest

skylla

Postby skylla » Fri Mar 22, 2013 09:33 am

frenchfighter wrote:He will miss Criterium International which is annoying:

“Severe weather suffered in these races with cold and rain most of the days have affected the health of the Saxo-Tinkoff leader,” read the statement. “Alberto Contador, along with Bjarne Riis and team doctors have decided that the best thing to do right now is to recover quietly to resume training as soon as possible.”

So this is where our Heavyweight Champion's training in snow and icy conditions doesn't pay off then? You think he would be used to a bit of cold and rain by now!

inkyfingers

Postby inkyfingers » Fri Mar 22, 2013 09:49 am

Froome for the win then.

We all get ill.
"I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)

frenchfighter

Postby frenchfighter » Mon Apr 15, 2013 15:20 pm

Contador is racing FW and LBL.
Contador is the Greatest

RichN95

Postby RichN95 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 16:14 pm

frenchfighter wrote:Contador is racing FW and LBL.

Making sure that Kreuziger doesn't get any ideas above his station.
Twitter: @RichN95

Joelsim

Postby Joelsim » Wed Apr 17, 2013 15:18 pm

I can't believe anyone thinks AC doesn't dope. Really? Have you been living in a cave?
My men 2016: Kung, Meintjes, MA Lopez, Betancur, A Yates, S Yates, Gaviria, Taaramae. Bonus: Teunissen

www.catsittersw17.co.uk

Daz555

Postby Daz555 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 15:56 pm

LeicesterLad wrote:Contador really does bring out the Trolls doesn't he?

All the more reason to hate the dirty cheat! :mrgreen:
You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.

ThomThom

Postby ThomThom » Wed Apr 17, 2013 20:24 pm

Joelsim wrote:I can't believe anyone thinks AC doesn't dope. Really? Have you been living in a cave?

Obviously has. Still doping? I'm not so sure.

Joelsim

Postby Joelsim » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:12 am

Wasn't the Paris-Roubaix the second fastest of all time? I know it wasn't Contador, but another suspicious character who won it...surely to be faster than the Lance years which we know were a free-for-all on EPO/transfusions etc, it's pretty indicative that something is still happening, even if it's micro-dosing (or even a little engine in Cancellara's bike!)
My men 2016: Kung, Meintjes, MA Lopez, Betancur, A Yates, S Yates, Gaviria, Taaramae. Bonus: Teunissen

www.catsittersw17.co.uk

Joelsim

Postby Joelsim » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:13 am

Don't get me wrong, I love cycling but I still have the feeling that most of them are at it to some degree, even with passports. I'm sure you have read The Secret Race, but if not, do so. Shows the scale of the doping and the fact that pretty much everyone was on it, big time. To be that fast now, paniagua, is unlikely isn't it?

www.catsittersw17.co.uk

LeicesterLad

Postby LeicesterLad » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:20 am

Joelsim wrote:Wasn't the Paris-Roubaix the second fastest of all time? I know it wasn't Contador, but another suspicious character who won it...surely to be faster than the Lance years which we know were a free-for-all on EPO/transfusions etc, it's pretty indicative that something is still happening, even if it's micro-dosing (or even a little engine in Cancellara's bike!)

Completely incomparible. Paris-Roubaix isn't a 15km alpine climb. Its a 250+km cobbled race, speed over a distance like that is effected by weather, breakaways, chase-downs, equipment. A race on a nice sunny warm day is likely to be alot quicker than a race over cobbles in rain/ice/mud.

Also - reading through the thread i'm not sure anybody has said Contador is squeaky clean. To think that he is still doping is probably the strangest thing on this thread! Have you seen Contador ride this year? His poor(ish) form? Him being blown away by the Sky boys and just about all the other big hitters?

Yeah he must be chewing that steak all day long eh :roll:

PS. Fastest ever Paris-Roubaix was in 1964 (so not the EPO era) and was 10km longer than it is today.
Last edited by LeicesterLad on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

inkyfingers

Postby inkyfingers » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:25 am

LL, don't do it to yourself.
"I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)

RichN95

Postby RichN95 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:31 am

Joelsim wrote:Wasn't the Paris-Roubaix the second fastest of all time? I know it wasn't Contador, but another suspicious character who won it...surely to be faster than the Lance years which we know were a free-for-all on EPO/transfusions etc, it's pretty indicative that something is still happening, even if it's micro-dosing (or even a little engine in Cancellara's bike!)

And the fastest edition was in 1964. As a tool for assessing the possibility of doping, average race speeds are next to useless.
Twitter: @RichN95

Joelsim

Postby Joelsim » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:37 am

I just can't believe that it's clean after all the books, articles etc that I've read. And don't get me wrong I fully believe most sports are similarly afflicted at the top level. But there is always a way round the system.

www.catsittersw17.co.uk

Joelsim

Postby Joelsim » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:43 am

LeicesterLad wrote:
PS. Fastest ever Paris-Roubaix was in 1964 (so not the EPO era) and was 10km longer than it is today.

Yes, Peter Post who admitted doping in the Tour in 1965...and a different course (yes I know it varies year by year and there are many factors involved)

www.catsittersw17.co.uk

Return to “Pro Race”