Puerto trial

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
bipedal
Posts: 436
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 16:56 pm

Re: Puerto trial

Postby bipedal » Tue Feb 12, 2013 13:32 pm

Richmond Racer wrote:
bipedal wrote:Riis teasing again: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/riis-st ... ion-puerto

He's basically willing to talk if there are no consequences. The Danish authorities need to step in and deal with him. He's no better than Saiz, Bruyneel et al.



Agreed - and its driving the likes of Danish Cycling Fed and the Danish AD agency mad http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/11/ ... ark_264950
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/wo ... 6557066610

They also say they're powerless because Riis doesnt have a licence with the Danes but with the UCI - and so they have no power over him, and the UCI have to take it up


Wow... that's crazy. Surely the team is registered in Denmark, though? The USADA investigation seems to set a new precedent for investigating teams based upon where they get their cash and base their operations

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: Puerto trial

Postby Richmond Racer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 13:52 pm

Unai Osa now on stand. Denials, loss of memory etc (including rather incredibly managing to 'forget' that he broke his collarbone at the Dauphine in 04 and missed the Tour). Requests to the judge from WADA lawyer to remind him that he's on oath, consequences of lying etc. Another one for the (potential) perjury route...

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: Puerto trial

Postby Richmond Racer » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:47 am

Dunno if anyone's interested but Jesus Manzano's dropping bombshells over in the court room today....

User avatar
rob churchill
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 20:05 pm

Re: Puerto trial

Postby rob churchill » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:02 pm

@tourdejose reporting that Manzano showed the judge his medical card, proving that Fuentes was his Dr (denied by Fuentes). Also says Fuentes gave him Epo.
I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.

pat1cp
Posts: 1194
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 07:24 am

Re: Puerto trial

Postby pat1cp » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:06 pm

What's he saying ? Singing like a canary ?

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: Puerto trial

Postby Richmond Racer » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:09 pm

a flock of canaries, more like

Claims that Kelme was the equivalent of USPS in terms of team-wide organised doping. Says that everyone on the team doped except Cuenca who had a problem with a vein in his leg.

(worth pointing out that Piti himself was on the Kelme team from 02-03...)

EDIT:
Also that Fuentes administered dog and cow medicines to him...WTF...

If you refused to dope on the team you'd be 'out on the street'

bipedal
Posts: 436
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 16:56 pm

Re: Puerto trial

Postby bipedal » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:56 pm

Richmond Racer wrote:a flock of canaries, more like

Claims that Kelme was the equivalent of USPS in terms of team-wide organised doping. Says that everyone on the team doped except Cuenca who had a problem with a vein in his leg.

(worth pointing out that Piti himself was on the Kelme team from 02-03...)

EDIT:
Also that Fuentes administered dog and cow medicines to him...WTF...

If you refused to dope on the team you'd be 'out on the street'


So, they are effectively livestock... kinda seems sums up the attitude of the DSes working at the time

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: Puerto trial

Postby Richmond Racer » Wed Feb 13, 2013 13:06 pm

Seriously...Manzano says that Kelme's riders would bark/moo after talking the dog/cow products.

I mean...just where the hell do you start....

EDIT:
Says the team owner funded all the doping

User avatar
Timoid.
Posts: 2724
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 21:55 pm

Re: Puerto trial

Postby Timoid. » Wed Feb 13, 2013 13:52 pm

Richmond Racer wrote:Seriously...Manzano says that Kelme's riders would bark/moo after talking the dog/cow products.

I mean...just where the hell do you start....

EDIT:
Says the team owner funded all the doping


They didn't actuall bark/moo. They just pretended to, as a joke following taking of such products they knew were intended for dogs/cows

[Manzano] says there was a joke on the team for the animal drugs they took - "some days we're barking, other days we're mooing."

User avatar
RichN95
Posts: 15986
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 00:36 am

Re: Puerto trial

Postby RichN95 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 13:53 pm

Manzano now says that up to 50% of Findus beefburgers are made from ex-Kelme riders.
Twitter: @RichN95

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: Puerto trial

Postby Richmond Racer » Wed Feb 13, 2013 13:55 pm

Timoid. wrote:
Richmond Racer wrote:Seriously...Manzano says that Kelme's riders would bark/moo after talking the dog/cow products.

I mean...just where the hell do you start....

EDIT:
Says the team owner funded all the doping


They didn't actuall bark/moo. They just pretended to, as a joke following taking of such products they knew were intended for dogs/cows

[Manzano] says there was a joke on the team for the animal drugs they took - "some days we're barking, other days we're mooing."



Perhaps I didnt phrase it very well, I didnt interprete what he said to mean that they'd transformed into the cast of Animal Farm...its shocking enough as it is... :shock:
Last edited by Richmond Racer on Wed Feb 13, 2013 14:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
ddraver
Posts: 17395
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 15:57 pm

Re: Puerto trial

Postby ddraver » Wed Feb 13, 2013 13:57 pm

new WADA approved dope test - wave a can of pedigree chum under every riders nose, if they growl or bark, 2 year ban!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

User avatar
SadlyBiggins
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 14:16 pm

Re: Puerto trial

Postby SadlyBiggins » Wed Feb 13, 2013 14:37 pm

or four years if they dry hump your leg

sherer
Posts: 1648
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:10 am

Re: Puerto trial

Postby sherer » Wed Feb 13, 2013 15:43 pm

sounds like to Actovogin stuff that USPS used to use.

With a lot of these people still working in cycling we really need the UCI to sit up and start to take action. I've said before the problem is the old timers that were brought up in the you need to dope to win culture who have forced this onto the current generation

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: Puerto trial

Postby Richmond Racer » Wed Feb 13, 2013 16:06 pm

sherer wrote:sounds like to Actovogin stuff that USPS used to use.

With a lot of these people still working in cycling we really need the UCI to sit up and start to take action. I've said before the problem is the old timers that were brought up in the you need to dope to win culture who have forced this onto the current generation



To be fair to the UCI (did I just say that?) its thanks to them and to WADA working together and jointly fighting repeated attempts in Spain to get it closed down, that the case has actually and finally come to trial. Even John Fahey gives the UCI due credit, when no other international sports federation gave a toot.

Whats happening already is CONI starting an investigation in Cipo - the UCI have to let CONI get on with that. And it'll be surprising if the same thing doesnt happen with Basso.

But yeah, you're right, there are shoot loads of others (and not just riders like Valverde and Vicioso) who are still in the sport.

mroli
Posts: 3446
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 15:09 pm

Re: Puerto trial

Postby mroli » Wed Feb 13, 2013 16:45 pm

Good for Manzano. Pls keep updates coming...

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: Puerto trial

Postby Richmond Racer » Wed Feb 13, 2013 17:23 pm


User avatar
LutherB
Posts: 538
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 16:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Puerto trial

Postby LutherB » Wed Feb 13, 2013 18:05 pm

When I was in the hospital in France we told them not to do any blood tests because if they had we could have gone to prison


Even if he was in a private hospital surely they can't be told not to do any blood tests? Are they treating their riders in 'sympathetic' hospitals?

User avatar
No tA Doctor
Posts: 5486
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 11:37 am
Contact:

Re: Puerto trial

Postby No tA Doctor » Wed Feb 13, 2013 19:39 pm

RichN95 wrote:Manzano now says that up to 50% of Findus beefburgers are made from ex-Kelme riders.


I'm having that. Cheers, top work.
“Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

Steve Abraham's attempt at the year record

User avatar
LutherB
Posts: 538
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 16:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Puerto trial

Postby LutherB » Wed Feb 13, 2013 21:11 pm



Return to “Pro Race”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alan Ha Ha, bigcgilmour, cycling_mike and 8 guests