Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
chiv30
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 22:53 pm

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby chiv30 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 13:11 pm

Cheers all and it's great to see two Cardiff lads in the top 10. :)

User avatar
RichN95
Posts: 15986
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 00:36 am

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby RichN95 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 13:13 pm

EPO Delivery Man wrote:
So Cavs won the Tour then?

Yes
Twitter: @RichN95

User avatar
EPO Delivery Man
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 15:35 pm

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby EPO Delivery Man » Fri Feb 08, 2013 13:13 pm

chiv30 wrote:Cheers all and it's great to see two Cardiff lads in the top 10. :)



Not really bothered about that myself, but whatever floats your boat :D

User avatar
EPO Delivery Man
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 15:35 pm

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby EPO Delivery Man » Fri Feb 08, 2013 13:14 pm

RichN95 wrote:
EPO Delivery Man wrote:
So Cavs won the Tour then?

Yes



Superb!

User avatar
chrisday
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 16:05 pm

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby chrisday » Fri Feb 08, 2013 13:15 pm

Turfle wrote:There's using someone else's train (which everyone does), and then there's the finding the one man that will unwittingly take you back to the front at the right time. Cav and Robbie McEwen are/were so good at the second.


Was just thinking exactly the same thing - and the fact you've already posted it will not stop me posting one of my rate moments of insight, dammit! ;)
Always been surprised Cav's reputation of "being nothing without a train" persisted so long - he's always had that ability, and you're right, it's now at McEwen levels of awesome "Cloak of Invisibility" skillz.

SecretSqirrel
Posts: 1142
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:01 am

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby SecretSqirrel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 13:16 pm

nevman wrote:Ren-dell,Ast-ArnNaa-really anoying me.Got to put a stop to this right now.



I think that's close to as it should be said? We are used to Astaaahna, but I think the emphasis should be on the 1st and last syllables.

User avatar
Above The Cows
Posts: 7133
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby Above The Cows » Fri Feb 08, 2013 13:16 pm

Richmond Racer wrote:ATC, you're dealing with FF here. If Sky riders had made the overall podium a la BMC, it would have been 'oh well, they only managed that because of the TTT.' FF's not very rational when it comes to Sky. Prepare for every single race that they dont win to result in FF 'Sky were rubbish, nowhere' ad nauseum.


Yes, I should have known better :wink:
Correlation is not causation.

"He's not the new Merckx, he's just a very talented cyclist!"

User avatar
OCDuPalais
Posts: 2234
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 23:10 pm

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby OCDuPalais » Fri Feb 08, 2013 13:31 pm

SecretSqirrel wrote:
nevman wrote:Ren-dell,Ast-ArnNaa-really anoying me.Got to put a stop to this right now.



I think that's close to as it should be said? We are used to Astaaahna, but I think the emphasis should be on the 1st and last syllables.


We've got a meeting arranged later to sort out "The McCrossan Issue" - we could factor some time in to consider Rendell's transgressions if you like? My personal take is that in virtually all other respects he's good, so on this occasion it might only warrant a Chinese-burn or a wedgie, or something... but we can put this to the vote.

User avatar
RonB
Posts: 2818
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 09:43 am

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby RonB » Fri Feb 08, 2013 13:36 pm

Hope this link works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trVuzZE6HYE

... final 5km of today's stage.
"My Man" team for 2016: Robert Gesink, Chris Froome, Tom Dumoulin, Tiesj Benoot, Wout Poels, Merhawi Kudus, Julian Alaphilippe, Geraint Thomas, Lil Pete

User avatar
Above The Cows
Posts: 7133
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby Above The Cows » Fri Feb 08, 2013 13:41 pm

OCDuPalais wrote:
SecretSqirrel wrote:
nevman wrote:Ren-dell,Ast-ArnNaa-really anoying me.Got to put a stop to this right now.



I think that's close to as it should be said? We are used to Astaaahna, but I think the emphasis should be on the 1st and last syllables.


We've got a meeting arranged later to sort out "The McCrossan Issue" - we could factor some time in to consider Rendell's transgressions if you like? My personal take is that in virtually all other respects he's good, so on this occasion it might only warrant a Chinese-burn or a wedgie, or something... but we can put this to the vote.


I've added it to the agenda under 'Any Other Business' along with unauthorised flake eating while on the back of a motorbike.
Correlation is not causation.

"He's not the new Merckx, he's just a very talented cyclist!"

User avatar
bazbadger
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 18:34 pm

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby bazbadger » Fri Feb 08, 2013 13:42 pm

Well done Cav!

Cue Cav loathers (dullards).
Mens agitat molem

pitchshifter
Posts: 1455
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 13:51 pm

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby pitchshifter » Fri Feb 08, 2013 13:46 pm

RonB wrote:Hope this link works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trVuzZE6HYE

... final 5km of today's stage.


Thanks for the link.

I'm not being funny, but the other sprinters must be so demoralised when they see Cav win from so far back.. Truly exceptional sprint from absolutely no where.

User avatar
bazbadger
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 18:34 pm

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby bazbadger » Fri Feb 08, 2013 13:48 pm

RonB wrote:Hope this link works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trVuzZE6HYE

... final 5km of today's stage.

Excellent - cheers for that.
Mens agitat molem

SecretSqirrel
Posts: 1142
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:01 am

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby SecretSqirrel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 13:54 pm

Above The Cows wrote:
OCDuPalais wrote:
SecretSqirrel wrote:
nevman wrote:Ren-dell,Ast-ArnNaa-really anoying me.Got to put a stop to this right now.



I think that's close to as it should be said? We are used to Astaaahna, but I think the emphasis should be on the 1st and last syllables.


We've got a meeting arranged later to sort out "The McCrossan Issue" - we could factor some time in to consider Rendell's transgressions if you like? My personal take is that in virtually all other respects he's good, so on this occasion it might only warrant a Chinese-burn or a wedgie, or something... but we can put this to the vote.


I've added it to the agenda under 'Any Other Business' along with unauthorised flake eating while on the back of a motorbike.


No No No!!! Rendell is correct. No transgression. Perhaps a Kazakh medal of honour would be more apropriate and a little less painful than a Chinese-burn.

And show some compassion over the flake incident?

TimB34
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 15:02 pm

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby TimB34 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 14:14 pm

TailWindHome wrote:the Inner Ring ‏@inrng

Cavendish has now won more stage races than Andy Schleck


Unless you count the 2010 TdF, then they're equal. (AS won La Flèche du Sud in 2004, Cav won the Ster ZLM Tour last year)

Is inrng Alberto Contador??

Edit: OK it's actually "Cavendish has now won more stage races than Andy Schleck as a pro"

User avatar
ddraver
Posts: 17395
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 15:57 pm

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby ddraver » Fri Feb 08, 2013 14:21 pm

Goddam Stupid meeting!!!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Above The Cows
Posts: 7133
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby Above The Cows » Fri Feb 08, 2013 14:32 pm

ddraver wrote:Goddam Stupid meeting!!!

Hey that's no way to talk about OCDuPalais and my's meeting about Ant McCrossan! :P There'll be biscuits and a flake and lessons on the proper pronunciation of the Kazakh capital and everything. :wink: Everyone's invited.

We need a name though. I'm going for Proper Pronunciation in Pro-cycling (PPP) Or P3. :D
Correlation is not causation.

"He's not the new Merckx, he's just a very talented cyclist!"

User avatar
OCDuPalais
Posts: 2234
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 23:10 pm

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby OCDuPalais » Fri Feb 08, 2013 14:35 pm

SecretSqirrel wrote:
Above The Cows wrote:
OCDuPalais wrote:
SecretSqirrel wrote:
nevman wrote:Ren-dell,Ast-ArnNaa-really anoying me.Got to put a stop to this right now.



I think that's close to as it should be said? We are used to Astaaahna, but I think the emphasis should be on the 1st and last syllables.


We've got a meeting arranged later to sort out "The McCrossan Issue" - we could factor some time in to consider Rendell's transgressions if you like? My personal take is that in virtually all other respects he's good, so on this occasion it might only warrant a Chinese-burn or a wedgie, or something... but we can put this to the vote.


I've added it to the agenda under 'Any Other Business' along with unauthorised flake eating while on the back of a motorbike.


No No No!!! Rendell is correct. No transgression. Perhaps a Kazakh medal of honour would be more apropriate and a little less painful than a Chinese-burn.

And show some compassion over the flake incident?



Commentators being correct* - or even informative and well researched, for that matter - is an irrelevance here. As, too, is rational thought, if I'm being honest. But when I'm throwing my slippers at the telly because some tosspot continues to pronounce something annoyingly at crucial moments - or misses the action at crucial moments - or can't identify a single rider in a breakaway before I've managed to name all of them; I'll readily admit that rationality at that instant isn't my strong point.


*although, if you and I were talking about Paris in English, we wouldn't pronounce it "pah-ree" would we?

User avatar
Rick Chasey
Lives Here
Posts: 28586
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 15:34 pm

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby Rick Chasey » Fri Feb 08, 2013 14:40 pm

Favourite for MSR now?

For sure we still need to see how he does in Tireno but if you were betting on the favourite today?

SecretSqirrel
Posts: 1142
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:01 am

Re: Tour of Qatar *spoiler*

Postby SecretSqirrel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 14:44 pm

OCDuPalais wrote:Commentators being correct* - or even informative and well researched, for that matter - is an irrelevance here. As, too, is rational thought, if I'm being honest. But when I'm throwing my slippers at the telly because some tosspot continues to pronounce something annoyingly at crucial moments - or misses the action at crucial moments - or can't identify a single rider in a breakaway before I've managed to name all of them; I'll readily admit that rationality at that instant isn't my strong point.


*although, if you and I were talking about Paris in English, we wouldn't pronounce it "pah-ree" would we?


Who knows Big Boy :evil:

Ok Ok I'll concede only because I had the same argument over the pronunciation of AG2R.

Lost that one too :oops:


Return to “Pro Race”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigMat, iainf72, RichN95 and 4 guests