jobsworth at Southeastern Railways

Where the wild things are...
keepupman

jobsworth at Southeastern Railways

Postby keepupman » Thu Aug 02, 2012 18:03 pm

I know that Southeastern Railways have a no cycle policy in or out of London during the Olympics however I thought that as I was getting a train in Kent from outside London to Dover that I would be ok to travel. I phoned the Helpline to check and they told me I could not take my bike on their trains. My question is should I just turn up and chance it or not, I know the train will be empty at that time, I also know that trains are not as busy as they were expecting during the Olympics, also I am heading away from London, should I just chance it or not?

Hoopdriver

Re: jobsworth at Southeastern Railways

Postby Hoopdriver » Fri Aug 03, 2012 18:51 pm

keepupman wrote:I know that Southeastern Railways have a no cycle policy in or out of London during the Olympics however I thought that as I was getting a train in Kent from outside London to Dover that I would be ok to travel. I phoned the Helpline to check and they told me I could not take my bike on their trains. My question is should I just turn up and chance it or not, I know the train will be empty at that time, I also know that trains are not as busy as they were expecting during the Olympics, also I am heading away from London, should I just chance it or not?

That's a tough one. I live in Sussex, also in Southeastern turf, and I 've kind of given up on the idea of using bikes and trains together during the Olympics. You'd think you'd b all right making a journey like yours. It just depends what time f day snd who happens to be on duty.

andymiller

Re: jobsworth at Southeastern Railways

Postby andymiller » Sat Aug 04, 2012 18:24 pm

You don't say where you are travelling from or to - could you use a Southern Railways service?Bthey have restrictions but not a total ban. Slim hope but here's their network map with restrictions shown.

http://www.southernrailway.com/download ... pic-games/

Return to “Tour & Expedition”