How to get a Livestrong wristband

Ask for advice or share your fettling tips
teggles

Postby teggles » Sun Jan 16, 2005 13:53 pm

SjS

You have to be logged int to see the envelope. Hope this helps

briggsy_2006

Postby briggsy_2006 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 20:19 pm

Hi, i was wondering if you could e-mail me with your address as i want 4 wristbands

I've got 30 adult bands and I'm selling them for œ1.12 each. If you want some, here's what you do:

1) don't put your email address in this forum - you'll get spammed

2) contact me by clicking on the envelope icon above these words. I will email you back with my postal address

3) post me a fairly large envelope with your name and address on it. I will use it to send your band(s). FOR EACH WRISTBAND YOU WANT, PUT FOUR UNUSED FIRST CLASS STAMPS IN THE ENVELOPE. I will sell the stamps to cover my costs. Each band costs me œ1.03. I make a 9p profit on each one, all of which goes to Cancer Research where I work as a volunteer
[/quote]

smiller

Postby smiller » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:37 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eurostar</i>

I've got 30 adult bands and I'm selling them for œ1.12 each. If you want some, here's what you do:

2) contact me by clicking on the envelope icon above these words. I will email you back with my postal address

3) post me a fairly large envelope with your name and address on it. I will use it to send your band(s). FOR EACH WRISTBAND YOU WANT, PUT FOUR UNUSED FIRST CLASS STAMPS IN THE ENVELOPE. I will sell the stamps to cover my costs. Each band costs me œ1.03. I make a 9p profit on each one, all of which goes to Cancer Research where I work as a volunteer
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

adammather

Postby adammather » Tue Jan 18, 2005 18:32 pm

Has anyone got a spare youth wristband please email me if u have

LadyBartt

Postby LadyBartt » Tue Jan 18, 2005 20:24 pm

EuroStar,
I was wondering if you still had any wristbands left? I would like to order 4, ao I would send you 16 stamps right?
I have also sent you an email.
Look forward to hearing from you
Thanks

cougie

Postby cougie » Wed Jan 19, 2005 09:24 am

SJS - why are you pissed off at the LAF ? It's a charity, not some fashion house.

Anyone can order from their website in the States providing they can use a bank card. Looks to me like they've more than done their bit, but you haven't done yours.

If you have no cards - give cash to a friend or colleague who has and ask them nicely to order for you. It's not rocket science.

SjS

Postby SjS » Wed Jan 19, 2005 14:34 pm

Anyone got any spare Youth Size Bands? Eurostar, I got the Adult Size from you today, thanks a ton, but its just too big for me.[:(]

Im looking for Youth Size bands now. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

SjS.

Cheltenham_Shrimper

Postby Cheltenham_Shrimper » Wed Jan 19, 2005 15:06 pm

Ive tried to e-mail Eurostar about getting the address off you for the wristbands, but it wont let me e-mail you for one reason or another.

west.country.shrimper@gmail.com. E-mail me there and i'll send you everything you need for them. Cheers :)

HuwKnudson

Postby HuwKnudson » Wed Jan 19, 2005 15:06 pm

Eurostar i want to say thank you for the livestrong band. Delivery was fast

wearingyellow

Postby wearingyellow » Wed Jan 19, 2005 16:29 pm

Hi all -
I was disgusted by ebay prices for these and have driven down the price somewhat myself by selling at around œ3 - with all the profit going to Childrens Brain Tumour Research in the UK - so far I've donated œ490 to them and of course $400 to Lance Armstrong Foundation. You can read more at www.wearingyellow.co.uk and order yours there too. I have 1000 arriving over the next couple of weeks so should be able to raise more money for a good cause.
Thanks for reading.
/mark

Cumines

Postby Cumines » Wed Jan 19, 2005 17:52 pm

hi, i would like a youth size band please, do you have any left? email me back, thank you xx

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eurostar</i>

I've got 200 bands in adult and youth sizes and I'm selling them for œ1.12 each. If you want some, here's what you do:

3) post me a fairly large envelope with your name and address on it. I will use it to send your band(s). FOR EACH WRISTBAND YOU WANT, PUT FOUR UNUSED FIRST CLASS STAMPS IN THE ENVELOPE. I will sell the stamps to cover my costs. Each band costs me œ1.00. I make a 12p profit on each one, all of which goes to Cancer Research where I work as a volunteer

scm

Postby scm » Wed Jan 19, 2005 21:03 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cheltenham_Shrimper</i>

Ive tried to e-mail Eurostar about getting the address off you for the wristbands, but it wont let me e-mail you for one reason or another.

west.country.shrimper@gmail.com. E-mail me there and i'll send you everything you need for them. Cheers :)
Assuming you're logged on, you have to have Javascript enabled for the mail feature to work. (I know ...[:(])

J_C

Postby J_C » Thu Jan 20, 2005 07:08 am

Thanks Eurostar, recieved the bands yesterday.

Member off C+ Lardy-arse team :- <b>Too Fat to Live...... too Young to Diet.</b>

Adrian32

Postby Adrian32 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 17:58 pm

Can't seem to get the link to work - any ideas?

lafsupporter4life

Postby lafsupporter4life » Fri Jan 21, 2005 19:45 pm

Eurostar,

Can you fit 2 youth bands in an envelope 22cm by 11cm?

SUPPORT LAF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

PaulSB

Postby PaulSB » Fri Jan 21, 2005 19:58 pm

<font size="3"><font color="red"> Could I make it quite clear that while I admire the whole Livestrong thing, I am NOT connected with this offer. Would people PLEASE stop e-mailing me as I feel duty bound to reply. Thanks.</font id="red"> [:)]</font id="size3">

<font color="blue">~~~~~</font id="blue">
<font color="red">Paul</font id="red">

ScottPCC01

Postby ScottPCC01 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 21:32 pm

Got 200 bands yesterday, including 50 youth ones, so keep those orders coming. Getting lots of orders off ebay too - here's my listing - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 26484&rd=1

But it makes me mad that so many ****heads are getting 20 quid or so for fake ones.

Ebay have removed the auction.

cricketerswearthem

Postby cricketerswearthem » Sat Jan 22, 2005 09:34 am

can i have 4 wristbands 3 youth 1 adult please could you email me back i am so desperate at the moment i have my stamps letter already to send just need your address Thanks[:D]

Alzibiff

Postby Alzibiff » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:24 am

WearingYellow - I note that on your site, on clicking the Buy Now button, you direct browsers to a page which looks like PayPal but which doesn't have an "https" address or padlock at the bottom of the screen. Furthermore, the address bar still shows your site name and NOT the PayPal site name.

This is very disconcerting as this tends to suggest a spoof of some kind - trying to get users to enter PayPal detail.

Just a thought - you may wish to redesign your site in order to reassure users that they really are on the PayPal one, once they have clicked your button. As it stands, you may lose custom.

Please can you comment on the above - thanks.

Return to “Workshop”