HSCER ceramic bearings anyone used them ?

Ask for advice or share your fettling tips
Ricey155

HSCER ceramic bearings anyone used them ?

Postby Ricey155 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 20:37 pm

the worlds favourite auction site has HSCER external GXP ceramic bearings for £49

has anyone had any dealings with them ?? can't seem to find any info on them

would the gxp use bb30 cups 24mm diameter ?

Ricey155

Re: HSCER ceramic bearings anyone used them ?

Postby Ricey155 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 21:48 pm

Yeah I've read your blog :D

Its just I've never had the experience so thought id try some, they £49 double standard GXP stuff

go on let me buy them :shock:

ugo.santalucia

Postby ugo.santalucia » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:34 am

Ricey155 wrote:Yeah I've read your blog :D

Its just I've never had the experience so thought id try some, they £49 double standard GXP stuff

go on let me buy them :shock:

Buy them, don't ask for advice. I also bought some hybrid ceramic bearings form my UT cranks once... they were worse than the original from day one and got worse very quickly... they are still usable, but I wouldn't call them an upgrade.

crankycrank

Postby crankycrank » Sat Mar 09, 2013 16:53 pm

I would agree with Ugo on this and he knows far more about it than I do but here's another good read that might help you make your own decision. http://www.bocabearings.com/pdfs/MOUNTA ... AUGUST.pdf For and against arguments. This is from a ceramic bearing sales website so of course they want to put a positive light on them but note at the bottom of the page some comments from some bike biggies in the industry that aren't so favourable. Personally I think the extra expense is a waste of money since the seals create the biggest drag in most bearings and the advantage wouldn't be noticeable in anything but a lab test or the pro peloton. Also try doing a google for ceramic bearing ratings explained. Not all are created equal and if they're inexpensive they're probably lower quality. Sorry, but I hate to see people throw their money away.

Ricey155

Postby Ricey155 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 22:01 pm

I'm sold decent article thanks for sharing, your both right not worth the cash.

as said before i'll invest in wheels for the winter training :mrgreen: just need to buy bike stuff

Return to “Workshop”