Richmond Park 3-lap Challenge 2012

Organising a chain gang? Entering a Sportive/Audax?
okgo

Re: Richmond Park 3-lap Challenge 2012

Postby okgo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:52 am

I sense some very quick times next year if the conditions are good...!

New thread soon I suppose.
Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com

ugo.santalucia

Postby ugo.santalucia » Wed Dec 26, 2012 13:47 pm

okgo wrote:I sense some very quick times next year if the conditions are good...!

New thread soon I suppose.

I passed Andrew Marr on his MTB the other day, so I am confident of good results come the new year... :lol:

cjcp

Postby cjcp » Sat Jan 05, 2013 09:24 am

peyroux wrote:Okay cheers for the advice guys. It seems like Richmond Park has a fairly established set of unwritten rules which I'm still picking up. I'm dying to join Kingston Wheelers but am not sure my fitness is up to it, hence the richmond park training, I just got a little bored in the process. Perhaps I'll have to just man up and go out with the Wheelers next weekend and be prepared to peddle for my life!

You'll be fine. There's a guideline for the club run pace, but there's no fitness test to pass before you can join the club :). It's exactly a year since I did my last club run, but I meet other members in the Park - either randomly or planned - which breaks up the monotony of training there. You might also find yourself pushing each other and building up some good fitness in the process; a ride in the Park can be less stop-start than a club run, so you can get into a nice rhythm, with a higher average speed.

Another good loop is the one to Hampton, Lower Sunbury, Walton, Weybridge and back to Hampton via the reservoirs.

EDIT: I finished in the top 10. Hurrah! :D
FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
"It stays down, Daddy."
"Exactly."

Return to “Sportives/Audaxes/Training rides”