Coast to Coast Sportive

Organising a chain gang? Entering a Sportive/Audax?
young dog

Re: Coast to Coast Sportive

Postby young dog » Sun Jun 24, 2012 18:02 pm

4 of us rode C3 route yesterday - Morecambe, Scarborough, Morecambe 270 miles, 23h 20min. Tough route. :D

sfichele

Postby sfichele » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:10 am

Good effort!

Joe Briggs

Postby Joe Briggs » Thu Sep 27, 2012 15:09 pm

zoglug wrote:The Coast to Coast is a ride id love to do, just not sure i can justify the £60 entry fee!

Entries from the 2013 event open 1st October - £50 until 1st March.
Quotes from 2012 riders:
The organisation, support, info available was absolutely first class. Never cycled that distance & was feeling a tad apprehensive leading up to the day. On completion felt very proud of mine & everyone elses achievements. Really enjoyed the company & banter going on throughout the day. Everyone I saw had a smile on their face. Can't wait for the next time we do it! Worth every penny!

Thank you to ALL the team who made the event so fabulous over the weekend. The friendly nature of all the team, the excellent food and the great route all comes highly recommended! I do not agree that the entry cost was too high-the food alone at the feed stations was manna from heaven and the logistics all went so well that I would willingly support another of your events!

Overall the entire experience was brilliant and I certainly want to try it again. I found the event was incredibly good value for money given what was included and the quality of the support provided.

it's not a cheap day out, but I can see where the money went so can't complain about value for mone.

Event featured in Cycling Plus - out now!

Wobblehead

Postby Wobblehead » Fri Sep 28, 2012 23:26 pm

Thinking of entering this on Monday, any experiences from anyone greatly received?

Does it fill up quick of do I have time to think a bit more.

Did the etape du dales in 7 40 this year, the thought of another 40 miles on top fills me with dread.. :o

Any other major climbs after Hardnott and Wyrnose?

Rode the Etape with a compact and 27 rear cog, changed bike now, only got a 25 on the back, think I might need a 27 or maybe a 29?

Would not want to walk an inch of it but if anyone thinks I am dipping any bit of my bike in the sea at either end they have another thing coming....

Would be just my luck there will be a strong easterly wind on the day...

Update, Mon 1st Oct

Just entered, struck while the iron is hot, just need to get training now..

rodgers73

Postby rodgers73 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 19:54 pm

You might end up walking on Hardknott, but no shame in that!

I've done C2C twice now - last year Maryport to Blackhall Colliery (120 miles) and this year The Way of the Roses (170 miles), both non-stop (7 hours for the first, about 12 for the second).

This one looks good though - would be well up for trying it just for the company of other riders on the same route as me!

Return to “Sportives/Audaxes/Training rides”