Bike fitting

When drugs don't work: training and health tips!
claret73

Bike fitting

Postby claret73 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 20:47 pm

Anybody had a good experience? Based on the knowledge of the fitter than the computer? I got measured up at Race Scene many years ago, just wondered amongst the many guys out there if there may be a front runner. I'm not in London, but can be for the right people to see...

ASISLIFE

Re: Bike fitting

Postby ASISLIFE » Thu Oct 04, 2012 21:39 pm

I've had good experience with Cyclefit in Covent Garden...sorted out a couple of niggling injuries/discomforts for me
Good luck
cheers
FCN 5

smidsy

Postby smidsy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 05:36 am

Cadence Sport..THE END.

http://www.cadencesport.co.uk/
Yellow is the new Black.

murf1480

Postby murf1480 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 06:57 am

claret73 wrote:Anybody had a good experience? Based on the knowledge of the fitter than the computer? I got measured up at Race Scene many years ago, just wondered amongst the many guys out there if there may be a front runner. I'm not in London, but can be for the right people to see...

Epic cycles in Ludlow are very good as well

NapoleonD

Postby NapoleonD » Fri Oct 05, 2012 07:03 am

Cadence Sport is fantastic. Not least for talking to Adrian, a top ex pro, looking at a load of Wiggo's signed yellow jerseys, tour memorabilia and of course a top notch fit.
Twitter - @NapD
Strava - Dense Voigt

bahzob

Postby bahzob » Fri Oct 05, 2012 08:46 am

I have used a couple:
- First from a local bike shop was good when I started but a bit basic. Just taking a couple of measures and looking everything else up on a chart. Still it resulted in big changes since I really didnt have a clue then.
- used Cyclefit when I got more experienced. I found them good if a bit expensive. They actually looked at me while I was on a turbo, not just use static measures. They were the first to point out that I had one leg longer than another for example. Apparently that's true for most folks but we are so used to it we don't notice.

One thing to bear in mind, at least in my experience. While it's largely determined by basic measures that won't change (like leg length) it may need some minor tweaks as fitness/body weight changes. Worth checking if you can get another test at reduced price later on before you get the first, just in case.

carl69

Postby carl69 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 15:48 pm

Had a retul bike fit done in Derby. Complete waste of time raised my saddle so high need a stepladder to get on. Didn,t address neck problems i was having. Stuck to the changes for over a month but was really struggling with various pains in spite of initially taking it easy. Am now in process of trying to sort it myself, not there yet, but can at least ride for longer than a couple of hours without pain.

JSCL

Postby JSCL » Wed Oct 10, 2012 19:28 pm

Have used Pedal Precision for my various bike fits - 100% impressed. Would recommend them.

NapoleonD

Postby NapoleonD » Wed Oct 10, 2012 20:15 pm

JSCL wrote:Have used Pedal Precision for my various bike fits - 100% impressed. Would recommend them.

I'm a big Cadence Sport fan having got a marvellous result but I've heard many many very good things about PP.
Twitter - @NapD
Strava - Dense Voigt

Return to “Training, Fitness and Health”