Advantages of Garmins?

When drugs don't work: training and health tips!
twotyred

Re: Advantages of Garmins?

Postby twotyred » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Tom Dean wrote:
twotyred wrote:Using HR and power it is a vital aid to doing structured training sessions. Lets you build up a data base of your riding so you can compare your performance year to year month to month. Really comes into its own when used with a power meter and something like SportTracks. If you aren't training seriously or a data junky and don't need GPS to navigate then its probably not worth it.
It's not vital and you can train seriously without one.

OK its an extremely useful aid- happy now?

Tom Dean

Postby Tom Dean » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Yes

joe.90

Postby joe.90 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 21:16 pm

Trev The Rev wrote:
T.M.H.N.E.T wrote:Why are you on a cycling forum when you appear to hate or dislike pretty much everything to do with the sport?

Do you even ride a bike?

That is an outragous slur.

I love cycling, I just hate unnecessary gadgets and guff like sports drinks, gels and recovery drinks, people who overcomplicate training, fragile carbon fibre bikes, time trials on dual carriageways, Lance Armstrong and all the other scum bag cheats, uncomfortable time trial bikes, tri bars, helmets, power meter software, unreliable power meters, heart rate monitors and the people who who have so much gadetry and software and data up their ars* they have lost sight of what cycling is all about.

I commute every day on a minimalist single speed (sometimes fixed) steel frame bike with 32 spoke wheels. I train and do the odd club TT on the same machine (without tri bars). I have raced on the track, I have done time trials (even on a dual carriageway) I have sponsored a bike race. I love cycling and demand an apology.

Wow! Who do you think you are? Ha ha (awaits an attempted witty, pretentious response)

Return to “Training, Fitness and Health”