Silly commuting racing

Come and join in the banter: discuss here anything you want, whether bike related or not!
Veronese68
Lives Here

Re: Silly commuting racing

Postby Veronese68 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 17:01 pm

mozejo wrote:I may do - if my wife doesn't get there first ...............

Oh dear, good luck to them. I don't know your wife, but I know what my wife would do if she got hold of the girl that doored me.

Greg T

Postby Greg T » Thu Nov 08, 2012 17:13 pm

Rick Chasey wrote:I reckon it was a vespa. Indian guy. Wore thin rimmed glasses.

You must have REALLY wound him up
Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Thu Nov 08, 2012 17:40 pm

bobinski

Postby bobinski » Thu Nov 08, 2012 17:43 pm

Blimey, hope you all heal up pretty quick.
No scr for me due to man flu and hacking cough so Mrs B dorve me into work and a cyclist nearly became another casualty today. As we pull away from lights he suddenly appears around offside of car having come across the oncoming lane i presume and then cuts diagonally acroos our lane to the bus lane. Clocked the nice road bike-i think a Viner and fact he was wearing headphones- as Mrs B slammed on brakes to avoid hitting him.Actually he was lucky we were not turning right coz we would have hit him. Lucky we were not rearended.
Missed the scr though. Becoming more convinced i hate being in a car strangely enough especially in cold weather...

notsoblue

Postby notsoblue » Thu Nov 08, 2012 17:54 pm

bobinski wrote:he was wearing headphones

That explains it.
:roll:

Green Brompton

Postby Green Brompton » Fri Nov 09, 2012 09:04 am

Who is the Litespeed guy who seems fast, goes through all the reds, but doesn't seem to get any further? I scalped him on Millbank, and if I can keep up with him, I'd love to see the SCR boys next to him :twisted:
Why? Because I'm guaranteed a seat all the way in.

Brompton SL2
Ridley Icarus SLS

cyclingprop

Postby cyclingprop » Fri Nov 09, 2012 09:06 am

Green Brompton wrote:Who is the Litespeed guy who seems fast, goes through all the reds, but doesn't seem to get any further? I scalped him on Millbank, and if I can keep up with him, I'd love to see the SCR boys next to him :twisted:

You keep up pretty well from memory, GB
What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?

anonymousblackfg

Postby anonymousblackfg » Fri Nov 09, 2012 09:09 am

Back on the bike from mad cough and illness, also the RR now if fixed with disks and new sexy wheels. I was only edged out by one chump who thought the time to pass me was before I fileter up to a zebra crossing so dived for the gap between me and the 4x4 in front!

Also, chapeaux to the nodder swearing at a driver causing all manner of hell on the Brompton Rd, before sailing past me on the pavement! Words were had.

6654henry

Postby 6654henry » Fri Nov 09, 2012 09:10 am

Freewheel is pretty much seized up, riding in like i was on fixed... Crappy Reynold Shadows.

Green Brompton

Postby Green Brompton » Fri Nov 09, 2012 09:11 am

cyclingprop wrote:
Green Brompton wrote:Who is the Litespeed guy who seems fast, goes through all the reds, but doesn't seem to get any further? I scalped him on Millbank, and if I can keep up with him, I'd love to see the SCR boys next to him :twisted:

Ha, yep... keep up is about all I can do :(

Brompton SL2
Ridley Icarus SLS

okgo

Postby okgo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 09:38 am

He has hard and easy days, not saying today was an easy, but when he is going for it, he's pretty handy.

Some absolute tw@ jumped a red coming over Chelsea Bridge today, and I don't mean a burnt amber, I mean it must have been red for about 5-10 seconds, anyway, we pulled away, and some other chap was to my right, and out of corner of my eye I see this idiot shouting "shoot shoot shoot sorry" as he slammed into the other guy (and hit my back wheel too) and rolled down the road. I think someone stopped to see if he was ok, certainly wasn't going to be me after his idiocy.
Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com

6654henry

Postby 6654henry » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:45 pm

So in i go to the nearest bike shop Evans Cycles* and i remember why i never use them. Off he goes with my rear wheel, comes back 10 minutes later saying they'll have to take the cassette off (you don't say) before being able to diagnose the problem (which i'd already told them was the freehub) and even if they could find the problem they won't have any spare parts. Ah. Good. Thanks.

I sprayed a load of wd-40 into the hub in a bid to free it up and rust just poured out, some serious play in it but i think i'll get home. If you see me walking along embankment bike in hand at about 6pm gimme a wave.

*not really a bike shop

JonGinge

Postby JonGinge » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:55 pm

okgo wrote:He has hard and easy days, not saying today was an easy, but when he is going for it, he's pretty handy.
He can be fast when he wants to be. Rides like a chopper, though
FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
Planet-x Scott
Rides

cyclingprop

Postby cyclingprop » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:04 am

Green Brompton wrote:
cyclingprop wrote:

Ha, yep... keep up is about all I can do :(

You just need to dress appropriately for the weather!! What colour is the saddlebag these days?
What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?

iPete

Postby iPete » Mon Nov 12, 2012 09:19 am

6 days off last week and I've really lost my edge :( . Had a few people coming past me today so I jumped onto the draft of some larger vehicles. cheating ftw.

Green Brompton

Postby Green Brompton » Mon Nov 12, 2012 09:25 am

I was behind a cyclist heading in this morning, had been following them in since LRR, we got to the Embankment, stopped at Albert Bridge, I went up couldn't get passed them so stayed behind, the lights went, so we all went out then after about 10/20 yards they buckled, their chain went and somehow he fell down... who was behind them and had nowhere to go other than crash down with them? I was. Banged my head (luckily had helmet), grazed and hurt the right side of me, and was left in a little shock. I think my bike is OK, although feels a little different (!?!).

He said his chain came off? If your bike is in that bad a condition, get it serviced.
I left the scene, cycled off and cried, had a breathing panic attack whilst cycling, and just feel a bit in shock and stung! Poor me. :(

Having a cup of tea.

Brompton SL2
Ridley Icarus SLS

willy b

Postby willy b » Mon Nov 12, 2012 09:26 am

Red Giant SCR (Good name), red top, right pannier, fluro gloves & overshoes and one of those dentists mirros from his helmet.

Anyway this chap came past on Embankment around 8:15 and quite a pace, jumped on the back and we cruised along at 28mph, for him to then thankfully turn off next to Walkabout. Good pace indeed, and I certainly wasn't going to try and make the pass.

anonymousblackfg

Postby anonymousblackfg » Mon Nov 12, 2012 09:33 am

Sorry to hear that GB, i'n not sure what was going on with traffic today in SW London, it seemed if you were a delivery driver/school run mum/tradesman of any kind it was ok to park up blocking the carriageway.

Sadly no SCR but still happy as larry with my new disk set up.

cjcp

Postby cjcp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 09:33 am

willy b wrote:Red Giant SCR (Good name), red top, right pannier, fluro gloves & overshoes and one of those dentists mirros from his helmet.

Anyway this chap came past on Embankment around 8:15 and quite a pace, jumped on the back and we cruised along at 28mph, for him to then thankfully turn off next to Walkabout. Good pace indeed, and I certainly wasn't going to try and make the pass.

That would be Edds...
FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
"It stays down, Daddy."
"Exactly."

cjcp

Postby cjcp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 09:36 am

@GB - check the wheels are and bars and saddle haven't been knocked off centre. And have some chocolate :)
FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
"It stays down, Daddy."
"Exactly."

Return to “Commuting Chat”