It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Come and join in the banter: discuss here anything you want, whether bike related or not!
Rolf F

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby Rolf F » Wed Jan 16, 2013 16:23 pm

DonDaddyD wrote:So it kicked off over in the Bottom Bracket:

So post about it 'over there'. It's all BikeRadar. Bottom Bracket is part of this forum. You really need to stop all this 'them and us' stuff as it gets us all tarred with the same brush.

meanredspider wrote:
sort of suzyb wrote:I' there are no trains this far north! :shock: :wink: :D

Yes we do - except........

Isn't it about time somebody did something about Glasgows cocaine problem?
Faster than a tent.......

EKE_38BPM

Postby EKE_38BPM » Wed Jan 16, 2013 16:44 pm

Rolf F wrote:

So post about it 'over there'. It's all BikeRadar. Bottom Bracket is part of this forum. You really need to stop all this 'them and us' stuff as it gets us all tarred with the same brush.

meanredspider wrote:

I don't see the problem, it looks like they've got loads.
FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!

TailWindHome

Postby TailWindHome » Wed Jan 16, 2013 16:48 pm

EKE_38BPM wrote:
Rolf F wrote:

meanredspider wrote:

Rule 2

Ban him RIck!

Oh...wait.
"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? IS THIS NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE?"

Veronese68
Lives Here

Postby Veronese68 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 16:51 pm

Rolf F wrote:

We already are all tarred with the communter brush. Them lot over there say it all the time. They started it.

Yes, I am joking

Veronese68
Lives Here

Postby Veronese68 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 16:52 pm

TailWindHome wrote:
EKE_38BPM wrote:
Rolf F wrote:

meanredspider wrote:

Rule 2

Ban him RIck!

Oh...wait.

What is rule 2?

TailWindHome

Postby TailWindHome » Wed Jan 16, 2013 16:53 pm

Veronese68 wrote:
TailWindHome wrote:
EKE_38BPM wrote:
Rolf F wrote:

meanredspider wrote:

Rule 2

Ban him RIck!

Oh...wait.

What is rule 2?

Ban him too!
"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? IS THIS NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE?"

EKE_38BPM

Postby EKE_38BPM » Wed Jan 16, 2013 16:57 pm

On the subject of drugs, I don't understand why people talk about drug abuse.
What else are you supposed to do with an E except neck it, a spliff other than smoke it, a line of cocaine other than snort it?

notsoblue

Postby notsoblue » Wed Jan 16, 2013 17:09 pm

EKE_38BPM wrote:On the subject of drugs, I don't understand why people talk about drug abuse.
What else are you supposed to do with an E except neck it, a spliff other than smoke it, a line of cocaine other than snort it?

Not all drug use is recreational.

UndercoverElephant

Postby UndercoverElephant » Wed Jan 16, 2013 17:14 pm

EKE_38BPM wrote:On the subject of drugs, I don't understand why people talk about drug abuse.

It becomes abuse when you neck the spliff, smoke the cocaine and snort the E.

Greg66 Tri v2.0

Postby Greg66 Tri v2.0 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 17:38 pm

TailWindHome wrote:
Greg66 Tri v2.0 wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:
DonDaddyD wrote:
Greg66 Tri v2.0 wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:Whatever it is greg, it's all a big conspiracy. I think the new forum world order are involved.

You know, I was thinking about those looney tunes this morning. The BBC website has some stills of the heli crash this morning. One was taken from the top of the MI6 building. No doubt taken by the spotter who was guiding the aim of the bloke who brought the heli down with a SAM, obviously...
I thought the same thing especially as no company has stepped forward and said "that was our chartered helicopter"....

Also Rich Chasey's new name is 'Kim Jong Richard' lol!

I'm so wronrey. ...

*So* racist.

For sure.

You can just tell he's one of those people who order in a Chinese restaurant in a mock Chinese accent.

If it weren't so appalling, it would be sad. But I refuse to allow sadness to overpower my complete and utter disgust at this evil racist bile!

Remember Rick: there is no defence of "joke" or "banter" or even of "making people sad".
Swim. Bike. Run. Yup, that's definitely what I'm supposed to be doing.

Bike 1
Bike 2
Bike 3

DonDaddyD

Postby DonDaddyD » Wed Jan 16, 2013 18:05 pm

I find the advocating of drug use for recreational purposes abhorrent.

As for Kim Jong Richard's racism, I was told that he listens to hip hop so he can say the n-word while pretending to sing along to the lyrics.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

EKE_38BPM

Postby EKE_38BPM » Wed Jan 16, 2013 18:18 pm

DonDaddyD wrote:I find the advocating of drug use for recreational purposes abhorrent.

What about tea or coffee?
Ecstasy? A few well publicised deaths but considering how long it has been taken for and the amount of people who have taken it, it seems pretty safe.
Marijooanna? No deaths ever directly attributed to it.
Heroin? Pure heroin does no physical harm and going cold turkey to kick won't kill you.
Alcohol? Many, many deaths and if you are addicted, stopping suddenly could kill you.

I know drugs is/was your thing in a professional sense (I don't mean that DDD is a drug dealer), but if the harm various drugs do to the body, alcohol and tobacco would never be legal but Weed and Es would.

What about taking drugs professionally e.g a wine taster? Is that still abhorrent to you?

DonDaddyD

Postby DonDaddyD » Wed Jan 16, 2013 18:34 pm

EKE_38BPM wrote:
DonDaddyD wrote:I find the advocating of drug use for recreational purposes abhorrent.

Ecstasy? A few well publicised deaths but considering how long it has been taken for and the amount of people who have taken it, it seems pretty safe.
Heroin? Pure heroin does no physical harm and going cold turkey to kick won't kill you.
Alcohol? Many, many deaths and if you are addicted, stopping suddenly could kill you.

I know drugs is/was your thing in a professional sense (I don't mean that DDD is a drug dealer), but if the harm various drugs do to the body, alcohol and tobacco would never be legal but Weed and Es would.

What about taking drugs professionally e.g a wine taster? Is that still abhorrent to you?

Your being obtuse. We've been over this.

They may be all psychoactive. How they affect the brain is mostly different and to varying degrees.

I'll give you a pint of tea, a pint of coffee and the equivalent in weed, ecstasy, heroin, cigarettes and alcohol and we'll observe which has the more damaging and lasting effects.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Greg66 Tri v2.0

Postby Greg66 Tri v2.0 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 18:52 pm

DonDaddyD wrote:As for Kim Jong Richard's racism, I was told that he listens to hip hop so he can say the n-word while pretending to sing along to the lyrics.

He should pretend to be Eddie Murphy instead.

Pretty easy for him:

Eddie Murphy:

Kim Jong (being bummed by Princess Fiona):
Swim. Bike. Run. Yup, that's definitely what I'm supposed to be doing.

Bike 1
Bike 2
Bike 3

EKE_38BPM

Postby EKE_38BPM » Wed Jan 16, 2013 19:23 pm

DonDaddyD wrote:
EKE_38BPM wrote:

Your being obtuse. We've been over this.

They may be all psychoactive. How they affect the brain is mostly different and to varying degrees.

I'll give you a pint of tea, a pint of coffee and the equivalent in weed, ecstasy, heroin, cigarettes and alcohol and we'll observe which has the more damaging and lasting effects.

Lets talk in terms of doses.
Cup of tea: Minimal effect - Minimal damage
Cup of coffee: Some effect - Minimal damage
One joint: Some effect - Minimal damage
One ecstasy tablet: Effective - Minimal damage
One dose of heroin: Effective - Minimal damage
One cigarette: Some effect - Minimal damage
One pint of beer: Effective - Minimal damage

Conclusion: One dose of just about any drug isn't very damaging. Repeated doses is where the potential problem is. I'm pretty sure we can agree on that.
However, repeated doses (or 'cups' as users call it) won't do you much harm. Neither will pharmaceutical grade heroin, but street heroin isn't pure and its the additives which cause the harm. It is also addictive and this leads to the social problems of users committing crime to feed their addiction.

Also, addiction and craving isn't the same for all drugs. I've never heard of a smoker going on the game to buy a pack of Marlboro Lights.

Don't confuse the medical problems that drugs can cause with the social problems that addiction can lead to.

Flyingbogey

Postby Flyingbogey » Wed Jan 16, 2013 20:41 pm

Greg66 Tri v2.0 wrote:
TailWindHome wrote:
Greg66 Tri v2.0 wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:
DonDaddyD wrote:
Greg66 Tri v2.0 wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:Whatever it is greg, it's all a big conspiracy. I think the new forum world order are involved.

You know, I was thinking about those looney tunes this morning. The BBC website has some stills of the heli crash this morning. One was taken from the top of the MI6 building. No doubt taken by the spotter who was guiding the aim of the bloke who brought the heli down with a SAM, obviously...
I thought the same thing especially as no company has stepped forward and said "that was our chartered helicopter"....

Also Rich Chasey's new name is 'Kim Jong Richard' lol!

I'm so wronrey. ...

*So* racist.

For sure.

You can just tell he's one of those people who order in a Chinese restaurant in a mock Chinese accent.

If it weren't so appalling, it would be sad. But I refuse to allow sadness to overpower my complete and utter disgust at this evil racist bile!

Remember Rick: there is no defence of "joke" or "banter" or even of "making people sad".

Is it racist to mimic different accents? If so which ones are on the banned list and why. I'm not great but usually have a go at the relevant accent to any anecdote. I also find myself unconsciously slipping into a copy if someone has a strong twang! I realise it can be used to bully or belittle but I don't think quoting a cartoon fits that criteria.
Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4

DonDaddyD

Postby DonDaddyD » Thu Jan 17, 2013 09:00 am

Edit.
Food Chain number = 4

Drfabulous0

Postby Drfabulous0 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:47 pm

I don't get it, isn't rule 7 something to do with sharp tan lines?

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Thu Jan 17, 2013 14:34 pm

Drfabulous0 wrote:I don't get it, isn't rule 7 something to do with sharp tan lines?

Forum rules.

DonDaddyD

Postby DonDaddyD » Thu Jan 17, 2013 19:14 pm

Rick Chasey wrote:
Drfabulous0 wrote:I don't get it, isn't rule 7 something to do with sharp tan lines?

My ego trip.
FTFY.
Food Chain number = 4

Return to “Commuting Chat”